It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large tornado plowing through Moore OK, southern OKC right now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
live feed;

www.news9.com...
edit on 20-5-2013 by EdSurly because: fixed spelling

Really scary situation in Moore, southern OKC metroplex. Santa Fe ave. is crammed with cars and a tornado is approaching fast. Said most of the cars were students leaving West Moore High School. Gary England is telling people to abandon their car and seek shelter in a building.

There was a shot from the Helicopter showing a long line of cars in bumper to bumper traffic and the large wedge tornado behind them. Scary as hell
edit on 20-5-2013 by EdSurly because: added paragraph

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
WOW!!!!! I'm watching it live on every television station from nj!! It's massive!! Good luck & take cover

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Main tornado including debris ball is a mile across. Briarwood Elementary school was said to be hit and students "may" be trapped. That was the latest info from the link I posted above.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

The main tornado is roping out right now...dissipating but another tornado is forming to the right of the first one.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My Boss just sent us home, the storm is heading in my direction. I work in a glass factory, so I really really hope it stirs clear of here. I couldnt imagine 16ft sheets of 3/4" thick glass flying through the air. Stay alert people, its going to get nasty

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
My Boss just sent us home, the storm is heading in my direction. I work in a glass factory, so I really really hope it stirs clear of here. I couldnt imagine 16ft sheets of 3/4" thick glass flying through the air. Stay alert people, its going to get nasty

Keep safe buddy. Find a fraidy hole and crawl in it.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. Looks like it is taking the same track as the major 1999 tornado. Also looks like some places hit yesterday may be in the path again. Stay safe tonight.... we both should being seeing these storms in a few hours.

Also, those who may want to listen to search and rescue can listen via Brodcastify

Take care

~OkieDokie

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

3:37pm CDT: The OKC metro tornado has just roped out and dissipated -- unfortunately too late to spare large swaths of residential area.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I guess I have a little time to get home first, im in Fort Smith, man those are some nasty super cells. a little late in the season. ya my boss just closed down the factory, he's not messing around. Last post for now, if anything happens ill be snapping pics. peace out and good luck

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
OMG!!! Those poor babies! I really hope they all are ok!

Thank you for the link.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Several years ago (1999?) I was landing at Will Rogers airport and flew east of Moore where the Tornado had cleared almost a mile wide swath through a neighborhood. A conventional war zone does not look as bad as that neighborhood did IMO. The tornado even ate parts of the streets up.....Stay safe is all I can say...

If I lived in Oklahoma i would seriously try to have a deep underground house or one heck of a storm cellar.
edit on 20-5-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie
Thanks for posting. Looks like it is taking the same track as the major 1999 tornado. Also looks like some places hit yesterday may be in the path again. Stay safe tonight.... we both should being seeing these storms in a few hours.

Also, those who may want to listen to search and rescue can listen via Brodcastify

Take care

~OkieDokie

I was just thinking this looks like it may be as bad as the May 3rd on in 99. I hope not, but it's looking like it may be.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Im in edmond oklahoma visiting my daughter we went through this yesterday and now today...now I remember why I moved away from here. Yesterday it was just within 3 miles from us it touched down but did little damage no casualties but then Shawnee got blasted and today Moore...prayers people prayers...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
School looks heavily damaged, hopefully everyone there is okay.
Second school building they showed is completely leveled.. really hope they didn't shelter any kids in that area.
Second school building is reported to be Plaza Towers Elementary.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
All I saw on the live feed is a guy driving like a maniac going somewhere
I hope it was a police officer and not a journalist who was doing that.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

Wishes everyone in these regions and other regions of & around EA*RTH the best in Safety in dealing with some of the current climate/cosmic related changes occurring... Here in the SOL system.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Massive destruction, watching the MSNBC feed a whole school was leveled

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is clearly a major, major weather event. I'd encourage anyone who has the time to keep this link (submitted earlier on this thread) open is a separate browser.
www.news9.com...

cause this is one for the ages. Just...Wow!

Prayers for those involved, Unbelievable footage.
edit on 20-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
That is by far, the largest swath of tornado damage I have ever seen. (Watching KFOR-tv coverage via the Weather Channel.)
Horrific. They still aren't certain whether the children were still in those schools or not....

I just finished CERT training a few months ago; I sure wish I could be there to help.

edit on 5/20/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

The news9 live stream just reported that the National Guard has already arrived and there is a secondary triage area being set-up at the intersection on 141st & Santa Fe (for you poor folks in the area).

Really heartbreaking.
edit on 5/20/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Picture of the school taken from twitter.

This one also came from twitter.

twitter.com...
edit on 20-5-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join