It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large tornado plowing through Moore OK, southern OKC right now

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
It missed us by a 1\2 mile, it was huge and sounded like a freight train. Just got back from walking where it did hit and it's hard to describe the devastation after seeing it first hand, entire neighborhoods and commercial businesses gone, Moore hospital is destroyed. Cable service at the house is down so some of you may know more details than I. Last I heard there were 37 deaths but I have no way to confirm that, also heard that some of the kids trapped had drowned
I do have pics but may be awhile before I can get them downloaded.

Just received some info that the death total was up to 55, can anyone confirm this?
. O geez...TY for that info. I've been wondering what happened to the people that were in the hospital. Haven't heard much about it?? Last I heard, 51 dead, still listening to the scanner....

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Has anyone ever entertained the idea, that maybe this is all part of Agenda 21? I know we're all anticipating a big bang but, it's these little bangs that concerns me the most.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
For what little it's worth, I give my heartfelt prayers to all of those involved. I have two nieces that live not far from that area and I am grateful they are ok.

My wife and I have a soft spot for the little ones. It brings a tear to my eye when they must leave earlier than we expect.

Bless them all.......
edit on 20-5-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Current number is 51 dead.

[color=727272](I posted this in a different thread. Re-posting here.
I heard them mention this on the News. I had never heard of it before.
I think it is something that Everyone should know about.

[color=FF4040]Red Cross
safeandwell.communityos.org...

[color=C9FFF4]After a disaster, letting your family and friends know that you are safe and well can bring your loved ones great peace of mind. This website is designed to help make that communication easier.

Register Yourself as “Safe and Well”
Click on the “List Myself as Safe and Well” button to register yourself on the site.

Search for Loved Ones
Concerned family and friends can search the list of those who have registered themselves as “safe and well” by clicking on the “Search Registrants” button. The results of a successful search will display a loved one’s first name, last name and a brief message.

Well, I just realized that the actual website address really sucks, but is still something people should know about. It is SAFEANDWELL.COMMUNITYOS

Logic dictates that I should be able to simply type in SAFEANDWELL.COM, but that doesn't work. It says nothing about the Red Cross, and tells me that the domain name may be for sale.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

They were able to get the hospital cleared, they set up a temporary triage N side of the Warren theater and also at the community center on 4th St. This just really sucks and I've only seen a small part of the damaged areas.

link   
I have to say this is the first 2 mile wide tornado I have ever heard of.. ef4? pshaw. This was past the enhanced fujita scale.

link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
Has anyone ever entertained the idea, that maybe this is all part of Agenda 21? I know we're all anticipating a big bang but, it's these little bangs that concerns me the most.

No.

link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

I know this is a conspiracy site, but please....can we hold back the urge to look too deep in cases like this?

It was a tornado. Mother nature had her way....nothing more.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

What do you mean about Agenda 21? Just curious about your comment. It's sad to imagine the damage done by the tornado. Sad.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the tornado.

It is so frightening that on a Monday afternoon, so many people lost their lives (51 and presumably more). I saw one video of a storm chaser being interviewed. He said he had never seen anything like it, in all his years of experience. Crazy.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

That's a good site. My family that was in it called us and had us call the rest of the fam.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
another picture gallery -

cdn.newsok.biz...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Those listening to the scanners, did you hear???!!!! A child that actually made it out safely from the plaza school & made his way home!!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I'm not so sure it was "all Mother Nature." What about HAARP?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
After seeing all this giving me the willies cause it is starting to rumble pretty good in my area right now.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Politicians just can't wait to be asses.

blogs.rollcall.com...

Coburn Wants Tornado Disaster Aid to Be Offset By Emily Pierce Posted at 9:39 p.m. on May 20, 2013 0 The tornado damage near Oklahoma City is still being assessed and the death toll is expected to rise, but already Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., says he will insist that any federal disaster aid be paid for with cuts elsewhere. CQ Roll Call reporter Jennifer Scholtes wrote for CQ.com Monday evening that Coburn said he would “absolutely” demand offsets for any federal aid that Congress provides. Coburn added, Scholtes wrote, that it is too early to guess at a damage toll but that he knows for certain he will fight to make sure disaster funding that the federal government contributes is paid for. It’s a position he has taken repeatedly during his career when Congress debates emergency funding for disaster aid. A tornado or tornadoes that ripped through central Oklahoma have killed at least 51, according to the New York Times.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

They were able to get the hospital cleared, they set up a temporary triage N side of the Warren theater and also at the community center on 4th St. This just really sucks and I've only seen a small part of the damaged areas.

I thought those were only for the injured? And all the deceased were being taken from plaza to Moore??? So confusing.....gas leaks are getting worrisome....I also just heard, some kids were being taken to the church now...maybe to be reunited with parents that are still waiting?? TY for the info!!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

Look, I'm all for a HAARP discussion and I too am concerned at what it can do.....but I live in the Midwest and spent quite a few years as a military brat at Fort Sill; Lawton, Ok.

I have seen plenty tornadoes dish out plenty of horrific tragedy on their own. I will go on record to say that HAARP was not involved. I live many, many states away and we had a tornado come through my area last night.

Was that HAARP? No....tis the season.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Here's a list of churches that opened their doors to anyone seeking shelter following the tornado,

Graceway Baptist Church, located at 1100 S.W. 104th in Oklahoma City.

Oakcrest Church of Christ at 1111 S.W. 89th Street in Moore.

Victory Church, located 4300 North MacArthur in Oklahoma City.

Journey Church in Norman I-35 and Tecumseh Road is open as a shelter.

Fifth Street Missionary Baptist Church, located at 801 N.E. 5th St. Oklahoma City.

St. Andrews Church, located at S.W. 119th and May.

Trinity Church of the Nazarene is open as an emergency shelter. It is located at 7301 S. Walker, just on the north side of I-240. Call (405)-517-4878 for information.

Church International Harvest Church open as a shelter 3000 N. Sante Fe. and N.W. 27th. They will provide water, shower and a place to stay.

New Life Bible Church at 4343 North Flood in Norman.

The University of Oklahoma is opening up spaces in Housing for displaced families. Call (405)-325-2511 for more information.

A triage center has been set up at the Warren Theater in Moore for anyone who need to be treated for their injuries.

Tracy and Holly Porter told News 9 they have 60 acres with barns and pipe fencing just north of Seminole. Anyone needs somewhere to keep their cows and horses, call the Porters at (405)-777-6570 or (405)-921-0204.

Sonya Martinez said she owns a 125,000 sq ft building at 4300 North MacArthur in Oklahoma City, and is offering services to anyone in need of shelter, food or prayer regarding this tornado.

Resthaven Funeral Home on S.W. 104th and Western/Walker has water, bathrooms, and phones available for volunteers and victims.

If cranes or equipment is needed for any tornado damage, the Association of Oklahoma General Contractors can provide equipment now. Contact Bobby Stem, AOGC, at (405)-520-1874.

The Red Cross has set up a website for people who are looking for their families or friends in the areas hit by the tornado, just go to www.safeandwell.org.

The Pet Owners Resource Center is posting information on their Facebook page about helping animals affected by the storm. www.facebook.com...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
Those listening to the scanners, did you hear???!!!! A child that actually made it out safely from the plaza school & made his way home!!!

That's a stud right there.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join