It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos seized

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yes, there are apps for the different phones and devices that allow real time streaming or small packet bursting of data ..for precisely this reason. I saw people using them in Occupy to avoid this. They could simply smile at the cops, tell them to have the phone if they wanted...because it was already too late.

I think more than one cop just about blew fuses over that, too. Oh... they think they're clever, but they're a day late and a dollar short every time when people plan ahead a little. I hope, after a story like this, ATS people take a moment to find the right app for their device that will made 'taking' it a worthless gesture if such a thing comes up.

Let them seize the internet to stop their starring role in a murder flick from being headline news. .. Personally, I'll be updating mine and my wife'ss phone in the morning with the latest app to accomplish this on basic Cell tower signal. If they were around 2 years ago, I am sure they are even better now.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
They are all the same, Most if not all of the people that are in the forces get off on the power they have. They might have started off with good intentions, with the hope of serving their community and country. Though it doesnt take long for their ego to take over.

The amount of times I have been man handled by police here in Australia for no reason is beyond a joke. I once was arrested for wrestling with a mate on the street (cops thought it was a real flight despite the fact we where both laughing) and along the way to the cell I copped mulitple blows to the back of my head, along with having my head slammed into the wall, all because I told the SNR connie that arrested me I had dealt with sacks of # like him during my time in the army. Power hungry, bitter, and corrupt they all are.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
If that video shows them hitting him in the head repeatedly, expect a murder charge. You aren't taught to hit them in the head like that. I've been to riot training and the head is only a last resort. Their legs are the primary targets as organs and kidneys can be easily damaged.
edit on 11-5-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Police are not allowed to take phones or cameras as evidence unless there is strong suspicion that the evidence is erased. Irony is that now that police have the videos there is even a bigger change the footage is lost. If there is no reason to believe the evidence is going to get lost the police need a warrant to take the evidence. In this case the other footage was secured by a warrant. So there is a paper trail in that case. However the other one was taken without a warrant.
Also they dont just download the footage for evidence. They keep the phones and have said that it could take years to get them back.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps.
They keep the phones and have said that it could take years to get them back.

That part's intended to 'teach you a lesson'. Sort of like shooting your dog.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Double post, with one click!
edit on 11-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
There should be a service (nopt sure if there is actually) that lets you stream your video direct to an online server.

So they can nick your phone all they like, the evidence is already on the net.

I swear every time I read or hear about this sort of thing, seeing it just makes me want to puke... they know exactly what they're doing and they don't want it spread about. Well it's getting very very short on everyones limits...

last time I mentioned what I'd do in such a situation, I got a u2u with a naughty naughty.

grr

I've often thought there should be a live streaming..kinda one button push video upload facility on phones these days too.

As you say, the video uploaded live, as the atrocity or whatever is happening cannot be snatched by the guilty to cover the evidence of 'official crimes'...it would already be uploaded and probably being watched and downloaded by hundreds of people around the world before they'd even realise they were being filmed.

Wouldn't do the bloke that got his head smashed in much good, but once it became common knowledge, it would certainly cause these murderers to think twice before doing it again.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wow, that's crazy. Even if this guy was guilty of some sort of crime, you shouldn't beat someone to death. The only way that would be acceptable is if the man had some sort of weapon, and trying to use it to kill the officer(s)

Hopefully if the cop's were indeed out of line, and it surely seems like they were, they need to be put into court for this. But everyone shouldn't bash on ALL police officer's, their like everyone else, some good ones, and some bad ones.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Oh forgot, yes there are several services desinged to stream your footage so it wont get lost. There is systems like dropbox but also specifically for streaming videos there's Qik (not sure if I remember name right). It was kind of desinged to people who film cops and was inspired by the occupy movement and their filming of police.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Wow, this story is jacked up! Can't believe how some individuals act and treat others. They can't honestly believe they are going to get away with it with this many witnesses do they?

Sad when we as a society are going to need to create a new police force to police the previous police force...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

But everyone shouldn't bash on ALL police officer's, their like everyone else, some good ones, and some bad ones.

NO! There should not be any bad cops. The good cops should weed them out. That does not happen. Therefore there are no good cops at all. I am sick of reading about these attacks and I am sick of the response to these attacks by senior police.

The Police force must not lie to the public, but they do and the supposed good cops stay silent.

A good cop does not stay silent.

P

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Mmm. Dunno, maybe I am being a little negative, but I cannot see a murder charge on the table.

It is these guys jobs to handle this type of situation.
The variables are constant. Self preservation being ever in your foremost thoughts! etc.

There's a need for some type of peer reviewed standard to be set.
What those standards are; is worthy of some serious consideration.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by Lingweenie

But everyone shouldn't bash on ALL police officer's, their like everyone else, some good ones, and some bad ones.

NO! There should not be any bad cops. The good cops should weed them out. That does not happen. Therefore there are no good cops at all. I am sick of reading about these attacks and I am sick of the response to these attacks by senior police.

The Police force must not lie to the public, but they do and the supposed good cops stay silent.

A good cop does not stay silent.

P

How could the other cops speak out when most of them weren't even present at the time?

Usually only one cop, possibly two arrive at the scene. The entire police force in the area doesn't go to one crime scene, plus some of the cops may not even be working that day. So how can some of the "good" cops speak out if they were oblivious to what ACTUALLY happened since they weren't even there?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
reply to post by milkyway12

Mmm. Dunno, maybe I am being a little negative, but I cannot see a murder charge on the table.

What's really going to be interesting is how they handwave away all the videos. I could see them "losing" one, but all of them? It's going to be fun. KCSO and BPD are apparently renowned for this sort of thing, it's not their first rodeo.
edit on 11-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I can't really see us hearing too much more on this.

I can see it disappearing into internet obscurity though.

There will be a newer shinier object for us to pontificate over ... soon.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I swear every time I read or hear about this sort of thing, seeing it just makes me want to puke...

Well it's getting very very short on everyones limits...

last time I mentioned what I'd do in such a situation, I got a u2u with a naughty naughty.

grr

so it makes you want to puke?

what is getting short "on everyons limits"
how do you know it is getting short on "EVERYONES" limits???
Are you God?

Sounds like you have a resentment about getting corrected by authority.
GRR

So what would you DO in such a situation???

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

edit on 11-5-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

Smile and say "Too late, boys, it's already uploaded" as I hand them my cell phone.

"You'll be featured on YouTube by tomorrow night"

I've got Qik on mine now. If I can figure out how to use my old phone(s) as wireless video stashes, that'll be next.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Originally posted by slugger9787

Sounds like you have a resentment about getting corrected by authority.

Being beaten to death is hardly what one should call a "correction"

No further dialogue. Minimum paperwork.

Next ....

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

u missed the flow of my reply.
unsurprised!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join