It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos seized

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You know the nice thing about all of this is that he won't be resisting arrest again.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hmm I was thinking,where might I have seen this before.
California,check!
A swarm of officers w/batons,check!

I know now,perhaps the video resembles this.

And if history repeats itself,perhaps scenes like this will rear their heads again

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
California,check!

And if history repeats itself,perhaps scenes like this will rear their heads again

Of course it will repeat, because people do not understand or respect the law.

I just watched another Youtube video of a woman interferring with a police officers SWORN duty to protect the public in Bakersfield. Do they give civilians training on how to interfere with police duties? SHRUG.

It's unbelievable. The man was given enough trust by the local gov't to be sworn in, and in these days was educated to receive a degree in a basic understanding of law and she has the nerve to think that her family ties to the person the police are trying to apprehend is justification for breaking the law herself and result in arrest.

It's better to spend the night in jail rather than keep silent?

Even the kid! Listen to this! Even the child is disrespectful.

This is California!

Reborn dragons have more morals than this!

Miracle GOLDFISH have more morals and self restraint than this!
edit on 11-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
You know the nice thing about all of this is that he won't be resisting arrest again.

^ WOW!
Really? You find humor in a person's death?
You sir,are a disgusting a$$hole!

edit on 11-5-2013 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
I imagine a lot of you cop hating all
LEO's are bad based on drawing your
conclusions from one incident here of
basic human nature acting unbridled
by either morals and values or ethics.

are also the same who demonize all
firearms due to just a few people misusing them

One incident? Really?

Try hundreds every year, with an ever increasing frequency.

Also on the topic of guns, I would bet money, most folks that have a problem with this, own guns, or are against strict gun control.

I for one would like to see way less police, and way more citizens armed and defending themselves, instead of relying on a nanny state, which is where this problem stems from.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
To add

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I imagine a lot of you cop hating all
LEO's are bad based on drawing your
conclusions from one incident here of
basic human nature acting unbridled
by either morals and values or ethics.
are also the same who demonize all
firearms due to just a few people misusing them

Id like to inform you that alot of people have seen MANY examples of this.
And not just off of 1,as you state.
Heres just a few for example.

Police beat man to death at DUI checkpoint

Police Beat Homeless Man To Death (Graphic Warning)

Cops Beat Man For Taking Out A Camera After Witnessing Bogus Traffic Stop

POLICE OFFICER BEATING 66-YEAR-OLD MAN SUFFERING DEMENTIA

Any questions?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos seized

www.bakersfieldcali fornian.com

"When I got outside I saw two officers beating a man with batons and they were hitting his head so every time they would swing, I could hear the blows to his head," Ceballos said.

Silva was on the ground screaming for help, but officers continued to beat him, Ceballos said.

After several minutes, Ceballos said, Silva stopped screaming and was no longer responsive.

"His body was just lying on the street and before the ambulance arrived one of the officers performed CPR on him and another one u
(visit the link for the full news article)

Maybe these cops should get the same opportunity this poor man had to beg for their lives. Just seems fair to me..............

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Someone needs to write a bill making it illegal for the police to confiscate recording devices. If the public is subject to the survailance state, then the police and all other public officials should be as well.

I think that is a very good idea.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Four pages of indignant members venting their spleen at the beating to death of a single man due to police brutality, and the confiscation of cell phones.

Question: if you are all angry at what has transpired, which is just one of many examples of what goes on up and down your country, what are you going to do about it, how are you going to respond?

Going on a website like this and stating your anger is only the first step, and usually, the only step ever made. You people, not just Americans, but in other countries, too, are the police and regulators of the institutions you elect to manage your cities...so start getting together and policing.

There are a number of people whom you can motivate to action; representatives, governor, mayor, these are the ones whom control the law enforcers, and they are the ones charged with overseeing how the law enforcers act. Petition and protest without compromise, and if nothing is done, simply kick them out of office at election times, and tell them to expect to be jettisoned if they do not do the right thing. No scapegoats, get everyone of the officers involved, prosecute and imprison them. You need to do this in every single city and town in every state. You need to adopt zero tolerance to police brutality and excessive force.

If you do nothing, these deaths are going to continue. Perhaps, deep down, you're all very scared and frightend, and don't want to get involved, but will no doubt want others to get involved on your behalf if it's you being beaten to death. So, are you going to allow it to continue? Are you going to stand up on the courage of your conviction for what is right and wrong? If you do nothing, nobody will do anything. You have to hit back against it legally and peacefully, the trick is to hit the right targets, and they are the administrators whom you elect, you have got to scare them into knowing their position is untenable while these kind of deaths occur.

You either halt the slide now, or the slide will halt you.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Footage? What footage? We took the phones as evidence but they contained nothing. It seems everyone forgot to push record. Happens a lot when people get excited. Every time I check a recording there is never anything to use as evidence. People are funny that way.

P

I'm sure-- because for sad scumbag wastes-of-oxygen like these who are willing to let their egos rule corruptly, who will toss a man in jail for the smallest offense because they have "no choice" but to "go by the book" yet are willing to, themselves, commit assaults and murders, and cover up for each others' scumbag antics, what is a little lying about a video recording (aka destruction of evidence)?

Not much, apparently, to scum like that.

May they one day burn in the hell of their own guilt....

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

OK let us know when you action your suggestions, I'm sure most here will support you.

I think its so new in the news, that people want to see what transpired as much as initial reactions of anger.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Originally posted by Miracula

^ WOW!
Really? You find humor in a person's death?
You sir,are a disgusting a$$hole!

edit on 11-5-2013 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

I get tired of hearing all the cop killer music fans and cop haters.

Police are people.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is a neat little link that will open your eyes to the mentality of police...

www.techdirt.com...

Police are people?

It is such a respectable job and I suppose that is why Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Albert Einstein and Obama all dreamed of being an LEO. Do you remember any kids in elementary school that wholeheartedly dreamed of being a cop?

It's only gonna get worse...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
wait till a real bad boy
breaks into your home
and you will be wetting
yourself dialing 911
praying the police
get there soon.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Four pages of indignant members venting their spleen at the beating to death of a single man due to police brutality, and the confiscation of cell phones.

Question: if you are all angry at what has transpired, which is just one of many examples of what goes on up and down your country, what are you going to do about it, how are you going to respond?

Going on a website like this and stating your anger is only the first step, and usually, the only step ever made. You people, not just Americans, but in other countries, too, are the police and regulators of the institutions you elect to manage your cities...so start getting together and policing.

There are a number of people whom you can motivate to action; representatives, governor, mayor, these are the ones whom control the law enforcers, and they are the ones charged with overseeing how the law enforcers act. Petition and protest without compromise, and if nothing is done, simply kick them out of office at election times, and tell them to expect to be jettisoned if they do not do the right thing. No scapegoats, get everyone of the officers involved, prosecute and imprison them. You need to do this in every single city and town in every state. You need to adopt zero tolerance to police brutality and excessive force.

If you do nothing, these deaths are going to continue. Perhaps, deep down, you're all very scared and frightend, and don't want to get involved, but will no doubt want others to get involved on your behalf if it's you being beaten to death. So, are you going to allow it to continue? Are you going to stand up on the courage of your conviction for what is right and wrong? If you do nothing, nobody will do anything. You have to hit back against it legally and peacefully, the trick is to hit the right targets, and they are the administrators whom you elect, you have got to scare them into knowing their position is untenable while these kind of deaths occur.

You either halt the slide now, or the slide will halt you.

To this part mainly...
"Question: if you are all angry at what has transpired, which is just one of many examples of what goes on up and down your country, what are you going to do about it, how are you going to respond?"

Because thats basically what the question is.
Anyone jumping off at the mouth suggesting anything illegal,is screwed.
But lets see....

Protest? That wont do.
Riot? Pointless destruction and violence wont solve the problem.
Ummm contact your local representatives? Riiight,cause they will listen.
Sue the police,sure,has been done and sometimes works,but only after the fact.
The only thing that MIGHT work is to consider carrying video cameras with you.
And dont give any reason for them to say you were resisting.

And to answer another person's thought.
YES,cops are people to,and there are alot of good cops in the world.
The problem is,when there are bad ones,its really bad.
They have the authority and power to do to you whatever they want,cause they have issues.

The most glaring question is.....

Would be great if we could.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

wait till a real bad boy
breaks into your home
and you will be wetting
yourself dialing 911
praying the police
get there soon.

Um......isn't that what guns are for?????

I don't know about you, but when I call 911, it isn't going to be to come and save me from the bad guys, it will be to clean up the mess, and maybe get an ambulance for any injuries I suffer in the process.

Only an idiot would count on the police saving them, they are just as likely to hurt you as help you.

I can link many incidents of them hurting and not helping, like the kid that ran from the hostage taking bank robbers, only to be shot 20 times, or those old ladies in the pickup in cali, or the home owners who call about a break in and get shot....etc

I can go on all day.

Better to do the smart thing and mind ones own safety, than to leave it to the police. You will be in far better hands.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yep, get the video out as quickly as possible. If the person didn't do anything wrong, the videographer I mean, then I think it is a violation of his rights for the police to seize his recording. He was recording in a public place right? The truth is that they only want to seize it because they were in the wrong, and they will want to lie about what happened. If this video surfaces, they will not be able to lie. This is just another example of police corruption. Something needs to be done, because the police seem to stick together. They will not do the right thing and arrest the guilty officers, but simply ignore and cover up the incident. I watched a show earlier that talked about the FBI doing the same thing in various incidents that gained national attention. I'm telling everyone, the people do not run anything anymore. This is not a democracy, and if we want to fix the system, we must unite and band together.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I hate to tell you, but this slow escalation of police violence is planned Psywar technique.
You are being boiled frogs, and you dont seem to get the urgency of your danger.....

Unless really soon the majority attitudes change to ones of defiance and recrimination, and the peoples
best interests are served through the demands of the populace....
well.....
youll just be a bunch of friggin boiled frogs.........

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Could've tased him, and he wouldn't have died from blunt force trauma to the head. You don't need to bash someone's head in to "subdue" them. Yes, DEATH will "subdue" anyone; how 'bout that?

On the other hand, QUIT BEING A PUBLICLY-INTOXICATED PISSANT WHO RESISTS ARREST, a-hole!!!

But shame on the cops for handling said publicly-intoxicated-pissant the way they did.
edit on 12-5-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join