It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos seized

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Being beaten to death is hardly what one should call a "correction"

It's a bit permanent. But what I'd expect from a bunch of fired up cops. Once they get going, it feeds on itself. Go on a ridealong or two.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
How tell me how the # are you not rioting at the moment?
Man if hi happened to me I would want blood
Burn he guys house down and the #en sheriffs office till justice is served
What are you guys doing?

Are you really that #en scared?
Rise an others will join

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The poster isn't talking about the real problem here which is why no one stepped in to stop 2 cops from beating this man to death. What's wrong with everyone? If I seen two cops beating my neighbor to death with batons when I knew he had a family inside his house and hes not a criminal I couldn't stand by watch it with my #%*cking camera phone. Where's your courage? Just because they're cops does not make them judge jury and executioner, they are just people. I know they can charge you for aiding a criminal but if you open your eyes and know what they're doing is wrong then all you have to do is stop it. Not injure or harm them in any way but just stop them from doin it and protect yourself in the process. Police have an illusion that they can't be touched only because we allow them to, the people rule and it will always be so. So don't let police push you into corners before you choose to bite, look out for your neighbors and fellow countrymen.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaper

It is because they're cops that people don't intervene.
One down ... they keep on coming. Regardless of right or wrong.

Get involved and you and your families lives are going to change. Not necessarily for the better.

Boy's own club/s need to be redressed.

I hope there is some independent cctv footage that comes to light in all of this !

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

I know what your saying and I agree, they will try to put the blame onto you if you try to intervene but if people are recording it then who could ever convict you of it, they cannot take your phone if you record them doing a job which is enforcing the law. Enforcing the law is legal so why should recording it be illegal? People just need to stop letting crooked police officers walk all over them.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Seems like this is happening more and more often. Pity The Dorner wasn't there

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

It will definitely be interesting to hear what was ...

a) - presented as cell phone evidence.
( assuming that there is indeed evidence remaining from the confiscated cells )

b) - admissible as evidence.

edit on 11-5-2013 by Timely because: to add a mislaid word ...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Giving evidence of a crime to the criminal who committed the crime is an absolute joke, I'd make a funny comparison but it's a joke without adding anything to it. There will be no evidence if everyone who recorded it passed it in to these crooked cops. There is always people who don't pass everything in willingly to the authorities though, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Though I doubt it will be on the news.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

My point exactly.

Do you expect to see justice and reform as a result of this?

Or anything of importance for that matter ?

Not good.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Why did all the witnesses not stop this?

I would not sit idle and watch the police beat a unarmed man to death.

If they attacked me as well, I bet more than just I and the fellow dying would need an ambulance.

What is wrong with you America?

Do none of you actually have any balls? None of you? Not one? SERIOUSLY, NOT EVEN ONE OTHER AMERICAN BUT I?

I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WTF!?!$

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes people get so excited that the footage mysteriously disappears, you know what they say. "Back the Badge", its a brotherhood thing.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
yet another example of how ca is a dump.
It is no place I want to go to anymore.And I used to go out to ca a lot.wouldn't even consider it now a days.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
its the works of the devil..alot of cops are doing and acting in horrible ways now...the poor man..

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This happens so often in America. Has been for a long long time.

As our society drifts further into a Police State and Law Enforcement are in charge of revenue generation. (Due to the fact that there is no more money in the public works dept. to be had)

The power given to these thugs will increase more and more. They have more rights than everyone else because they are NEVER held accountable for their actions as a citizen, only reviewed and MAYBE disciplined.

I've been a victim of police over reaching, and it makes my blood boil when I hear of it happening to another.

F*CK the Police

~Rev

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Remember children "they hate us for our freedoms".

Good way to make homegrown terrorists if you ask me.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

reason.com...

Qik and UStream, two services available for both the iPhone and Android phones, allow instant online video streaming and archiving. Once you stop recording, the video is instantly saved online. Both services also allow you to send out a mass email or notice to your Twitter followers when you have posted a new video from your phone. Not only will your video of police misconduct be preserved, but so will the video of the police officer illegally confiscating your phone (assuming you continue recording until that point)

Just added Qik to my android phone and set it to upload to my youtube channel. It will also send the video to my wife's e mail, my sister's and brother in law.
edit on 11-5-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hidden Wearable Live Stream Spy Cameras STOP COPS FROM HARASSING YOU!

Why am I posting this? because too many people are having their phones stolen by police for exercising their rights to freedom of speech (using their cellphones to witness a police crime) Anyone can see this in the MSM EVERYDAY! Too many people are afraid to bring out their cell phones and don't want to get involved... Well now now you can by simply "walking by a police crime scene" CATCH THE COPS IN THE ACT of harassing Americans!

If you live in a high density "cop area" where they are harassing you, your neighbors, or anyone.. (taking cell phones for "evidence" if cops see you video anything)

Get this (or similar camera)

I read all the time about cops that confiscate cell phones for "evidence" and they are RARELY EVER reprimanded for beating innocent people.. I read up on this camera.. it has LIVE STREAMING capabilities...to FACEBOOK! EMAIL, TWITTER!!! WOW! Protect yourself, protect your freedoms (whats left of it)

So one day.. if you witness a crime of cops beating someone (or you!) Or you get stopped by police while driving and you are wearing this camera and microphone you may save yourself or a loved one from a "cop crime" This is a tiny tiny little camera on your lapel, or hat or tie or hair bow.. and you are "taping and live streaming this to Facebook or wherever you want!

Your raw footage is uploaded for the WORLD to see.. then the cops MAYBE will be punished for beating innocent people AND your phone wont be stolen by police... DON'T take out your phone at a cop beating scene! You will lose it!

These cameras if used by enough citizens might STOP cops from pepper spraying, beating, threatening and taking cash bribes.. if enough cops get caught....who knows..

So, lets all start shopping for "hidden spy cameras" BEFORE THE HOMELAND SECURITY seizes them all for our "protection"

Now, I expect some readers (disinformation agents from homeland security or other agency) to "find something wrong with this posting.. We all know this site is monitored... yep it is....

Well readers do not respond unless you want to... Let this posting and idea go viral and tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!! Start wearing live streaming hidden cameras .. if enough people do..... "we the people" can stop police corruption!!!!!

Hey PTW! (powers that WERE) CHECKMATE!

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is disgusting! We no longer live in America. Confining someone to their home because they have evidence of police brutality? Extortion comes to mind, how about kidnapping.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
This is disgusting! We no longer live in America. Confining someone to their home because they have evidence of police brutality? Extortion comes to mind, how about kidnapping.

"Baltimore police beat up a woman and smashed her camera for filming them beating up a man, telling her: 'You want to film something b**ch? Film this!' the woman claims in court."

Baltimore police beat up a woman and smashed her camera for filming them beating up a man, telling her: "You want to film something bitch? Film this!" the woman claims in court.
Makia Smith sued the Baltimore Police Department, Police Commissioner Anthony Batts and police Officers Nathan Church, William Pilkerton, Jr., Nathan Ulmer and Kenneth Campbell in Federal Court.
Smith claims she was stuck in stand-still rush hour traffic in northern Baltimore when she saw the defendant officers beating up and arresting a young man.
She says pulled out her camera, stood on her car's door sill and filmed the beating.
"Officer Church saw plaintiff filming the beating and ran at her," the complaint states. "He scared her and she sat back in her vehicle. As he ran at her, he yelled, 'You want to film something bitch? Film this!'
"Officer Church reached into plaintiff's car and grabbed her telephone-camera out of her hand, threw it to the ground and destroyed it by smashing it with his foot.
"Officer Church pulled plaintiff out of her car by her hair and beat her. Officers Pilkerton, Ulmer, and Campbell then ran to plaintiff's car and joined Officer Church in beating plaintiff and arrested her using excessive force. At all times described herein, plaintiff's two year old daughter witnessed her mother's beating and arrest by the Officers, as did others."
Smith claims the cops taunted her and threatened to take her daughter away. She says they refused to call her mother to her toddler.
"The officers, despite the pleas of plaintiff, refused to call plaintiff's mother. Instead, the officers tormented plaintiff by telling her that her daughter would be taken from her and sent to Social Services. Seeing plaintiff's distressful reaction to these tormenting threats, they continued," the complaint states.
Smith says claims she was arrested and taken to jail on bogus charges that she assaulted Church and resisted arrest.
She claims Church failed to appear for her trial - twice, and prosecutors dropped the charges, but she had to hire a lawyer and spend more money recovering her impounded car.
She claims Baltimore police have a history of illegally seizing and destroying recording devices.
She seeks $1.5 million in compensatory and punitive damages for civil rights violations, conversion and infliction of emotional distress.
She is represented by Christopher Lyon, with Astrachan Gunst Thomas.
Police departments around the country have been accused of similar responses to citizens filming them abusing other people.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Obviously another set of police, that are just to amped up, operating on range. Then after they realize, holy Sh@t, i just killed the guy, they do the opposite behaviour and start CPR. Death Penalty, because anyother person beating a guy to death would get it. Need to start setting an example to these Leos full of range.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join