It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos seized

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
And not one of those ‘bystanders’ jumped in to help the guy? And now he’s dead? WTF.

Is it just me or is there someone else out there in ATS land that’s sick to death of people using their cell phones as an instrument to deter violence? *FAIL*

Funny that. If you were a bystander watching someone outside of civil service beat a man to death and you didn't try to stop the attack - wouldn’t that make you as guilty as the one swinging the club?

Put your freakin’ phones DOWN people and step up to the plate - or stop whining about it! because until ‘we’ do step in with something besides a freakin' Samsung this type of brutality will only escalate.

But who cares right? Until the day arrives you're getting beaten to death under the watchful eye of bystanders.

Oh - And the last think you’ll see?

peace

edit on 14-5-2013 by silo13 because: underline fix

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
big dealllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Update: Apparently FBI is now investigating the police. Apparently they've deleted the footage from one of the confiscated phones.

BAKERSFIELD — The FBI launched an investigation Tuesday into the death of a man who was beaten by authorities amid questions over whether officials tampered with cellphone videos confiscated from witnesses.

Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood said he asked the FBI to get involved after learning that one of two phones seized from witnesses had no footage on it.

Los Angeles Times via PINAC.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I love the look on Youngblood's face in that picture "What, where did it go? Beats me!"

You're seriously wondering about your credibility? Really? You have none. You had none to lose. It was predictable what you would do, and you did it. And now, what needs to happen, is that the Feds step in and send your little IA department home, and comb through this, and some other cases, and start putting KCSO deputies and yourself, Youngblood, in your own pokey, in general population.

It won't happen, but that's what should happen. A trial, with the DA really trying, or if he can't, then the Feds. I'd LOVE to sit that jury.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Consider that felony conviction of tampering with the evidence is still alot less than conviction of murder, yeah it was predictable as hell. Now if they did a half assed job and the footage can still be recovered they'd be in risk of 2 felony charges.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
There should be a service (nopt sure if there is actually) that lets you stream your video direct to an online server.

So they can nick your phone all they like, the evidence is already on the net.

I swear every time I read or hear about this sort of thing, seeing it just makes me want to puke... they know exactly what they're doing and they don't want it spread about. Well it's getting very very short on everyones limits...

last time I mentioned what I'd do in such a situation, I got a u2u with a naughty naughty.

grr

I think we've got an excellent idea here. I am seriously going to look into the logistics for this.. If anything comes of it winofiend, you'll be getting a PM.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
reply to post by akalepos

I wonder how it would have played out if someone in the neighborhood would have taken his 10 round magazine toy out and rescued the victim? I figure shoot all the cops dead so they can tell no lies. I wonder how a Jury would have treated it?

What makes you think there will ever be a trial? Isn't it likely he will die while in custody? If someone whose alleged offence has been public intoxication and "resisting arrest" could be killed by cops in the open street and all the video evidence (that they know of) confiscated, what are the chances of someone who killed cops surviving in custody and go to trial?

The only time you can expect such a reaction is when there is a civil war.

I suppose you're right. You'd have to have the assent of a silent neighborhood to pull that one off. and there is ALWAYS some puke ready to snitch.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I went to the page you had as a reference, but it's all been covered over by gray bars, where the story originally was, unless you answer their stupid survey first. Sheesh!

Peace SK
edit on 5/15/2013 by SweetKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Audiotape here of witness reporting incident to police:

Textpatdollard.com...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

David Silva Protests in Bakersfield

Updates are coming...we have interviews with two of the witnesses...

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Can't even read the blasted story - the site pops up, almost immediately, some stupid thing that blocks nearly all of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Answer the question on the site, its one question and it won't make you do any thing else. Its easy.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
Answer the question on the site, its one question and it won't make you do any thing else. Its easy.

I refuse to play such games with websites. They can either make the data available or I can look elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Sickening.

...and people wonder why/how someone like Dorner turns into the person he became.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join