It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity cracked

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Go out into the world and take what they offer their knowledge take what is good and shake off the evil they possessed... Babel was destroyed and scattered about the world in many forms of languages... That's why you seek the knowledge of your neighbor and if he should ask you tell him what he can handle... As much as he asks for no more...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by honested3

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
Firstly, Jesus said we are all Gods children, this would indicate that if Jesus was Gods son and we are also Gods children, then Jesus was an ordinary man and not "special", or "chosen". I am basing this assumption on Jesus own words and interpreting them directly.

"'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I am!'" (John 8:58).

"I and the Father are one" (John 10:30)

Please read the Bible before assuming your assumptions about it are correct. There are more verse examples of this, but none more clear than the ones posted. saying "I am" is closer to saying "I am God" in those days, than it was to actually say "I am God". I mean which "god" are we talking about, so thus saying "I am" is crystal clear, thread closed.

Haha who are you to state "thread closed", are you a dictator? I simply stated that you can take the Bible as symbolic story telling, or you can take it as literal truth. If your going to take it as literal truth, then it wasn't only Jesus who could perform incredible, supernatural feats, back in the day, others including Simon Magus could do likewise and he wasn't even a Christian.

the whole point of Jesus miracles were to impress on people that he was the son of God, yet the same Bible tells us of others who could also create miracles. So how can we rely on miracles as separating Jesus from other miraculous people? Oh, because he said he was the son of God..but then what is God? Is God a physical being? Because the Bible says he made us in his image, so God must be made of flesh, just like us here on earth, and Just like Jesus. So if God the father and Jesus are physical beings, then that means the God who took a rib from Adam and cloned Eve is human and not a supernatural "God" but a highly advanced human.

If Jesus is the mixture of some highly advanced superhuman being, (but a human all the same), and his mother is also human, then you have to acknowledge that Jesus was human. Because you can only create an animal if its two parents are from the same species. In the Bible it as much as states that God the father is Human, because "HE MADE US IN HIS IMAGE".

If God the father is a highly advanced human being, then heaven is a literal place, with physical beings in it. thats why Jesus and other holy people ascended up to it in their physical bodies.

This only leaves the HOLY SPIRIT as being absolutely divine and the GOD that inhabits the entire universe. The one true GOD. And if the one true God inhabits the whole, entire universe, then that includes human beings. So you can also then say we are all part of God, the universal oneness of everything.

I believe that a closer version of what Jesus meant, was that he is the Son of the universal God, but we are all the sons and daughters of that God. And I think that's where the message has gotten twisted..because there was no point telling people that Jesus rose from the dead only because he was a super being and had super powers. This only tells ordinary people that they are incapable of living on forever. I really think the version of Christianity we get is not telling the truth. if Jesus was human, his father had to be genetically human too and that can only mean his father was Human, maybe not exactly like us, but very close to it. A being certainly made of flesh and bone and blood, now does that sound like an all powerful universal God to you? Maybe a highly advanced species of human but not the universal God of everything.

Secondly even if Jesus father, is God the father, as I said it still means God the father is a human being. Only human beings would take a rib and use it to clone another person. Only a human being would be able to impregnate a Virgin, through artificial insemination. yes, a highly advanced human being, but we can see science filling in these mystical events bit by bit, because we are eating from the tree of knowledge and as God the father said "They have become like us". That's why we were meant to stay ignorant, like animals, because eating from the tree of knowledge has put us on a path to gain God the fathers knowledge. We are doing the same thing now with our attempts to create artificial intelligence, and already we fear the computers will become not just as intelligent as us, but far greater than us...why do you think God the father didn't want his creation to learn anything.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
first someone is going to have to prove that this "Jesus" actually existed for real

You'll have your proof, you can COUNT on that...

"If Jesus did not exist, it makes Christianity a much more incredible phenomena than if he did."

~ James Hannam

The historicity of Jesus of Nazareth is practically indisputable and only a fool would argue otherwise.

"Here is a fact: There is far more evidence for the existence of Jesus than for virtually anyone in ancient history. Anyone who peddles that “Christ-myth” theory, does NOT do so on the ground of historical evidence. The fact of Jesus Christ in history is as axiomatic for an unbiased historian as is the fact of Julius Caesar. Get this straight. It is not historians who promote the “Christ-myth” notion. ...his alleged words and actions were documented by numerous people."
Stolen Identity

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

This leads to another conclusion. When Jesus was walking on water he had Peter, one of his apostles, with him. So not only was Jesus walking on water but so was Peter, however when Peter started to sink under the waves Jesus said "You of little faith,". This suggests strongly that Jesus achieved his miracles simply because he believed, without question, that he could perform such feats.

edit on 2-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

The Church of Skittles would agree.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Hahaha that's pretty funny, but like I said maybe there is something to it. Or like in the cartoons when a character realizes he is walking in mid air, then falls.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

You've put out a lot of information, too much to discuss in one post. Mind if I take it a bit at a time?

I simply stated that you can take the Bible as symbolic story telling, or you can take it as literal truth. If your going to take it as literal truth, then it wasn't only Jesus who could perform incredible, supernatural feats, back in the day, others including Simon Magus could do likewise and he wasn't even a Christian.
I assume that when you use the word "Bible" here, you mean the New Testament. The New Testament has parts which are intended to be read as reporting and some, like Revelation, which is designed to be visionary. I accept them for what they are.

Looking at Simon Magus, we only find his story in Acts, chapter 8. Verses 9, 10, and 11 include this:

. . .And there was a man called Simon, who had been in the city before Philip came there, misleading the people of Samaria with sorcery, and pretending to have great powers, so that high and low hung upon his words; This, they said, is an angel called the great angel of God. Long misled by his sorceries, they continued to pay attention to him,. . .
Pretending to have great powers. Impressed by sorcery? Lots of people are impressed by David Blaine and David Copperfield. They do things that would have been considered sorcery. But even Simon knew that the Apostles were something out of his experience. He wasn't even in the same ball park with them.

So, no, there isn't any evidence that Simon Magus "could do likewise."

the whole point of Jesus miracles were to impress on people that he was the son of God, yet the same Bible tells us of others who could also create miracles. So how can we rely on miracles as separating Jesus from other miraculous people?
You've got me there. What other Biblical characters did miracles that didn't come from God?

Oh, because he said he was the son of God..but then what is God? Is God a physical being? Because the Bible says he made us in his image, so God must be made of flesh, just like us here on earth, and Just like Jesus.
You may be confusing the word "image." I have a photograph that looks just like me. It is in my image allright, but I am made of flesh and the photograph is made of unliving matter. So, again, no. Because we are made in God's image doesn't mean that we are of the same "nature" or material He is.

So if God the father and Jesus are physical beings, then that means the God who took a rib from Adam and cloned Eve is human and not a supernatural "God" but a highly advanced human.
Well, since God is not a physical being, there is no reason to suppose He is a human of any degree of advancement. All humans are physical beings, God is not a physical being, therefore God is not a human.

Tell me what you think so far, then we can continue.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wow, I only got to the second paragraph before seeing how ridiculous your thinking is.

'Spiritual sons'...not physical sons. How about you read the book properly dude!

I am still shaking my head at how you confuse spirit and body in terms of reference. Even my little kids could have argued you into the ground when they were only seven years old.

Man...!! still shaking my head!

However, here's something. If God is our Father (and please think in terms of spiritual and spirit), then we are sons and Christ is our brother. So if he is our brother then we are sons of God, not the Son of God but sons of God as in the part of us that is what the Bible calls redeemed... that is our spirit not our current bodies. But sons are above the chosen and the chosen are above the called.
Christ first called the ones he called disciples, then friends, then brothers. It's progressive as you grow as I read it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Reminds me of this Video

Which Reminds me of The Secret.

"Whatever the mind ... can conceive it can achieve"
- W Clement Stone

"Man becomes what he thinks about"
- Morris Goodman

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions"
- Albert Einstein.

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him"
- Buddha.

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step."
- Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right"
- Henry Ford.

"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls"
- Joseph Campbell.

Then I see stuff like this in the Bible

Jesus answered, "Have faith in God. I tell you the truth. You can say to this mountain, 'Go, mountain, fall into the sea.' And if you have no doubts in your mind and believe that the thing you say will happen, then God will do it for you. So I tell you to ask for things in prayer. And if you believe that you have received those things, then they will be yours.
Mark 11:22-24 (ERV)

But if any of you needs wisdom, then you should ask God for it. God is generous. He enjoys giving to all people. So God will give you wisdom. But when you ask God, you must believe. Don't doubt God. The person who doubts is like a wave in the sea. The wind blows the wave up and down. The person who doubts is like that wave. The person who doubts is thinking two different things at the same time. He cannot decide about anything he does. A person like that should not think that he will receive anything from the Lord.
James 1:5-8 (ERV)

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Not only was Jesus raised from the grave in physical form but so were many people at the same time. MATTHEW 27:51 - 27:53, meaning we must all be able to do the same. Jesus also said that we will be able to do greater miracles than he. Elijah also ascended into heaven without dying, witnessed by elisha. 2nd Kings. Jesus said "he was the son of God and so are we"

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Firstly, Jesus said we are all Gods children, this would indicate that if Jesus was Gods son and we are also Gods children, then Jesus was an ordinary man and not "special", or "chosen". I am basing this assumption on Jesus own words and interpreting them directly.

Firstly....before I continue.... you need to site that direct quote seeing as it is the base of your argument.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I will wager that everything the Christians believe is going to be displayed VERY differently than most can imagine.

The comments that a heaven and hell are the 2 avenues are extremely limited and highly unlikely as well.

Most transcripts are messed with, and re-translated badly...but in the end who cares, the reality is if you cannot find out for yourself without the help of books and other people it is meaningless.

Noone wants to search out the truth because it has been hidden so greatly , and on purpose, the reality that beyond this Earth it does not get "better" just more is going on in other realms than here, yet it is a mirror of what goes on ELSEWHERE, that is reflected here.

Put your battle armor on, because one day all of this will merge into one...the experiment of creating Physicality still remaining while in pure energy mode, is almost complete.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Really it doesnt matter what religion you follow, the main thing is that you believe in the creator of all things. heaven and hell are just words written by man for control purposes only

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Anno Domini

Quite fascinating that time is reckoned in accordance with the birth of Jesus.

I mean, for if the earth is 4.5 billion years old, then why would time not be measured by the birth of earth? ....or some other monumental event of history, as there are numerous from which to choose.

Something happened around 2,013 years ago that was pretty dramatic, as the measure of years began anew.

The simple fact that inquisitive atheists and agnostics continue to revisit the topic I also find interesting.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Yes the Spirit and Soul are very different... One is Essence... One is Physical... And the Holy Bible and the interpretations have confused and mixed them... Until you understand the difference you will stay lost...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

OK here is my take on the teachings of Jesus and how they have been fundamentally misunderstood on at least 2 main levels.

Wow....you should have gone into brain surgery. And learn to read and study this topic before attempting any future brain surgery.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BazRaza7
Really it doesnt matter what religion you follow, the main thing is that you believe in the creator of all things. heaven and hell are just words written by man for control purposes only

Oh wow! I almost got off this thread with out catching another brain surgeon at work. Try cracking some books and doing some hard study of brain surgery before setting around in the lobby talking to the patients or god forbid cracking open a skull or two.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yet again, the X-Tian cracks appear - X-Tianity is so schismed it's now mostly CRACKS, RACKS & CROOKS HOOKing CROSS SHEEPle! Biblical Literalists literally irritate... Rewritten Literature is not very good evidence, now is it. Get Real, m8! I actually like your post because it sounds like you're taking the Michael out of all X-Tians, quite subtly...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
[m

Yes. What if that was what the punishment was for mankind in the end. You cant die because of technology, and you cant leave because false gods now rule the earth, the gods of old and reknown.(Aliens, Nephilim, gods, Lucifer's seed) You live in a technologically advanced society where you worship these gods and they rule and choose as they wish. Crazy stuff. On the post though I would say that Jesus was just speaking to Peter because he had no faith. Jesus was really the first physical connection (besides the temple mount) to man especially in Peters time so they didnt really know how to handle all of this stuff. I also believe that Jesus was holding Peters hand which allowed him to walk on water. When he released it Peter began to sink because he was riding on Jesus' faith. The reason why I think Jesus is the son of God is because he was in prophecy in every single book of the bible including the old testament. This is why the flood happened because there were forces who were trying to corrupt the bloodline of Jesus Christ so that he would never be born. God protected his people (jews) because Jesus would come from this bloodline. Now that Jesus has died for all mankind, Gods people are the jews and the gentiles and there is no difference because we have all been saved by the kinsman redeemer. Thanks. God Bless

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BazRaza7

Enoch was also taken by God at 365 years. This is a very possible thing and really until recently I didnt believe in the rapture but now it is really starting to come together. Unfortunately, modern day church attendees dont realize that we are already in the end days, technology and universal awareness hasnt caught up yet. Also there leaders (pastors) are not leading their flock in the right direction because of greed and money (501-c3). Politics and government have corrupted the church from the inside and the masses have no idea that the leaders they elect are the ones that are loyal to Lucifer himself. Thanks.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

But couldnt we be the son of man since only Adam was a direct creation from God? Not sure how to look at it I thought that sons of God were Angels (direct creation).

Gen 6:2 Then the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair and they took wives of all that they liked.

??? Are these humans or are they something else? I know what I believe in this matter but would like another opinion. Thanks

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join