It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity cracked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

How did it go for Prophet Makandiwa?
He said he was going to walk on water, like Jesus.

Anyway, your reasoning is logical and sound.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I dislike Abovetopsecret's response format because it is SO overcrowded, much prefer Disinfo... But anyways, please read about the lives and miracles of Catholic Saints if you want evidence that Jesus was right when he told his disciples that they would do greater things than He.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

I would imagine it will end in miserable failure. Jesus did miracles to glorify His Father, never to prove Himself to doubters.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
C'mon I cant watch a 40 minute video.

Those out there who call themselves atheists have ALSO missed a VERY, VERY IMPORTANT POINT.

EVERYTHING you believe is a lie.

How much evidence do you need before you wake up from your denial?

MANY of us, such as Ian McCormack in the video above have seen irrefutable PROOF.

Ignore it at your OWN peril.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Danbones

What would you constitute as "proof"? Other than the bible, there is nothing else about Jesus in history. Unless you consider the NT is based around a real person, nothing will be proof enough for you.

So just admit it, nothing will convince you he was real.

Actually.. there are other writings about Jesus.
Written at that time.
See this link.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

For me the bible really begins with the story of the patriarch Abraham but I do still accept the earlier text's some not easily for my scientific mind, as for JESUS he is the ideal son of God whom lived as we are supposed to and taught (A great light shining unto the people living in darkness), HE said "Non come to the father except by ME", and he is worshiped as God because He is the manifestation the Emanuel of Yahweh though He is not actually Yahweh himself we are too far from god to discern the difference.

God created life so was before life and still existed HE created life when there was non so is beyond the concept of life at some other level.
Jesus was manifest through the immaculate virgin (she was sent specifically by god to fulfil this purpose as all other women (AND MEN there is no difference between a man and a woman in the resurrection and you shall receive a new BODY LIKE UNTO THE ANGELS A UNIVERSAL/CELESTIAL/HEAVENLY/SPIRITUAL BODY) were tainted by sin in his sight until Christ redeemed us all. he was manifest from the spirit of god (Literally a part of god made flesh not like us with the spirit of life from god breathed into us as we are made of the dust of the earth but our soul is of god, he was manifest spirit of god)
When he died on the cross he died a very real and terrifying pain full humiliating death that was inflicted on the spirit that was manifest as flesh and obeyed the almighty father to the very end and commended his spirit into the hands of the father but remains a separate being but also God as he is purely manifest of God.
When he arose from death he restored life to his manifestation but HE still bears the wound's for our sakes that he had inflicted upon him.
In the garden before his arrest he prayed for the bitter cup to be taken from him because though made of the spirit of god he was a living man whom saw god correctly as his Father and God.

The earth will fall away and the dust will be consumed, even heaven will pass away but the life god gives will not.
edit on 3-5-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kijne
Wow...where do I even start?

Obviously you haven't read the bible. Peter wasn't with Jesus when he walked on the water. He was in a ship with the other disciples.

Matthew 14:22-33 says...Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.

25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.

That's correct. I feel the miracles were for the disciples benefit. To strengthen their faith.

And, speaking in tongues is a gift, just like teaching, preaching, etc. You can't speak in tongues unless you're filled with the Holy Spirit.

And after the resurrection, Jesus wasn't in a mortal body when he rose to heaven. He only made himself visible so the disciples had proof.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Okeyd57 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I have walked on water, many times.
Just like these guys...

Think outside the box...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

That aside when was the last time the sea of galilee had Ice thick enough to walk on, probably around the solar minimum of the last ice age.

Weather you believe this guy or not I dare you to watch this video.
www.youtube.com...
If real it may also provide some biblical archaeological evidence corroborating other bible storys.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

And.. it is possible, it wasn't the Red Sea, that was parted.
It is possible, another place could have been parted, by a strong steady wind.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

Or it could be allegory for a bigger truth. I think the parting of the Red Sea has to do with birth. The womb is filled with water (amniotic fluid), and when we are born, the vagina "parts" in order for us to "walk" through.

There's a lot of symbolism contained within the bible. Like you said, you have to think outside the box to find that hidden meaning.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

I am fully aware of that but the sea of reed's and mount Har Karkoum are not really likely though the eruption of Thera and the tsunami surge that followed are interesting still how do you get so many ancient gold laminated chariot wheels and human and horse remains entombed in corral for such a distance as to rule out a ship wreck along a natural underwater rise that is only two hundred feet under water while both sided of the rise drop far deeper, the archaeological evidence in Saudi Arabia match the description's perfectly were Har Karkoum was a Neolithic site of worship for thousands of years and despite the two rock drawings similar to the tablets of the ten commandments seems not right and does not match the description while Ron Wyatts site matches all account's with no difficulty.

OOPs just clicked your link and that is a new one, still I like the red sea but hey that is a really viable alternative.

Just to somebody else woah there how big is she.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Firstly, Jesus said we are all Gods children, this would indicate that if Jesus was Gods son and we are also Gods children, then Jesus was an ordinary man and not "special", or "chosen". I am basing this assumption on Jesus own words and interpreting them directly.

"'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I am!'" (John 8:58).

"I and the Father are one" (John 10:30)

Please read the Bible before assuming your assumptions about it are correct. There are more verse examples of this, but none more clear than the ones posted. saying "I am" is closer to saying "I am God" in those days, than it was to actually say "I am God". I mean which "god" are we talking about, so thus saying "I am" is crystal clear, thread closed.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by honested3

Correct as God'(s) were created by man in rebellion of the Lord but the Lord created man so he is not a God he is so much more and he is Real but are we.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by honested3

I am. How ironic...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomten
And.. it is possible, it wasn't the Red Sea, that was parted.

Your MSM "source" (discovery.com) is nothing but stealth propaganda.

If you want to find the truth, you must believe the OPPOSITE of what propaganda is telling you.

Doubt everything in the mainstream apparatus and assume if they are airing something publicly, it is agenda driven.

Mass media is the most powerful tool used by the ruling class to manipulate the masses. It shapes and molds opinions and attitudes and defines what is normal and acceptable.

Mind Control Theories and Techniques used by Mass Media

"Lie to the people. They prefer it." ~ William Randolph Hearst

edit on 3-5-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

yeah .. just stop.. I don't even know where to start with this so i won't

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Remember The Water... When Abba Taught Everyone Respect... It brought the flood because of the same denial today... Remember the Fish... Father Is Showing Himself... All men will be measured by their knowledge their faith... The word Faith... Father Abba Is Truly Here... Then if they deny this they will be judged by their ignorance of it...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Firstly, Jesus said we are all Gods children, this would indicate that if Jesus was Gods son and we are also Gods children, then Jesus was an ordinary man and not "special", or "chosen". I am basing this assumption on Jesus own words and interpreting them directly.

Gods only Son - We are his children. I think it was Edgar Cayce that mentioned that Christ was the soul giver to man, IE each of us have a small part of his soul so take from that what you will. Obviously Jesus was not an ordinary person, but IMO we do have some of what he had/has. We are just to dumb to tap into it.

This leads to another conclusion. When Jesus was walking on water he had Peter, one of his apostles, with him. So not only was Jesus walking on water but so was Peter, however when Peter started to sink under the waves Jesus said "You of little faith,". This suggests strongly that Jesus achieved his miracles simply because he believed, without question, that he could perform such feats.

Yes, for him - he could tap in but not for us. We ordinary people cant handle that kind of power responsibly.

Further more, the apostles could talk in tongues, another miracle yet the apostles were supposedly ordinary fishermen, yet capable of miracles. Indicating ordinary people are capable of miracles, not just Jesus. But if ordinary people are capable of miracles then how would that make Jesus any more "special" than an ordinary man with supreme and extraordinary belief? Exactly.

The apostles were allowed to tap in by the grace of Christ and God.
Ordinary man (you and me) we are dumbed down to a level where we can not harm ourselves. Can you imagine what the greedy world would be like if everybody had these types of powers just because we believe. Maybe when we start acting like a civilized planet of people then we will be allowed to progress. There are nefarious dark people that try to tap into the POWER by alternate methods and usually meet a dire fate. The rest of us know better because we know we cant handle it. Once you open that door all sorts of nasty things can come in and if you dont have the faith to handle it you will be in big trouble. Just ask someone that has just cracked the door with an Ouija board or some other method with bad results. I cracked and peeped through the door one time and that was enough for me.

In fact i doubt Jesus ever really claimed to be special or chosen.

Doubt is the wrong word to use. He is quoted.....

Further more, when Jesus died and rose from the dead, it has been said he died to wipe our sins away and give us everlasting life. This obviously cannot be true if you look at how this is preached by modern day Christianity. Obviously if Jesus died so we could live forever, then we would all live forever "literally" here on earth, and people from 2000 years ago would all still be alive today. No, instead we are told the everlasting life is in heaven, but we have to "literally" die to get there...but, according to the Bible Jesus literally died and literally rose from the dead in the flesh. This is yet another "literal" miracle, the biggest of the lot, yet what people miss is the other miracles significance.

Not exactly true. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. What makes you think this life has anything to do with everlasting life and or what our 5 senses tell us is REAL life?? This life is an illusion and we stuck here for now. Why in the He!! would anybody want to live forever on this planet in its current form is beyond me. There is no death, only change.

if peter could walk on water and the apostles could speak in tongues, and Lazarus also rose from the dead, then that means according to my understanding...when Jesus said he died for our sins and rose again to give us everlasting life... it doesn't mean we can carry on as usual just like before Jesus existed and live and die, but rather he showed us that a human being can literally rise from the dead.

Like I said I think the Bible is a lot more literal than spiritual.

The Bible was put together in its various iterations to steer Christianity in the direction that a certain group of early Christians preferred. It was also written for people long ago with simple minds. We will never know the real story of what he was really like in person and what he really wanted for us as a planet except have faith in him, but if you read some of the early books that were left out of the bible you will begin to form a picture. The word Love is mentioned a lot.

edit on 2-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title
[/

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
first someone is going to have to prove that this "Jesus" actually existed for real
till then you might as well be learning how to spell in Klingon

edit on 2-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Nobody said he existed, he's trying to explain what the bible actually says I think we all know none of this is "proof" so nobody has to prove he existed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join