It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
reply to post by cavscout11cav

They've cleared some suspicious packages and/or bags but I find the fact there are so many being found/reported at or around hospitals and churches and schools highly suspicious.
edit on 15-4-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

It does seems strange but surely there would be an influx of reports after an event like this anyway, as people will be more aware/ worried about unattended bags and stuff and will be more likely to report them?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
BBC: "Citing a White House official, the Reuters news agency reports the bombings will be treated as "an act of terror"."

www.bbc.co.uk...

link   

Originally posted by neo96
I think it's foreign the Boston Marathon was a public target. most home grown "Terrorists" go for government like MCveigh.

Really leaning toward foreign.
edit on 15-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I hope you're right. Sadly there are factions in the media who are already trying to paint this as a right wing attack. Which may be just what they need to push an agenda that has proven more difficult to push than anticipated. The govt. can do all sorts of neato things when its under attack on domestic soil... If this was a major foreign terror cell, none have claimed responsibility yet. They often like to brag about things that they have done and are even quick to brag about things that they have not done.

Time will tell... They were countless still and video cameras in the area that will certainly be able to provide valuable intel...

link   

Following 2 confirmed explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, police are starting to investigate possible bombs in other locations of the city.

Time reporter, Andrew Katz has confirmed via Twitter, that there was an "incendiary device" possible at JFK Library as well as "another device" in front of Boston's luxury Mandarin Hotel. He gained this information through a police scanner.

Other reports have revealed even more devices that failed to detonate. Former Boston Phoenix reporter Chris Faraone tweeted that a police officer near the finish line stated, "There are secondary devices that have been found and are unexploded."

At 3:55 pm, the Police set off a third controlled explosion according to ABC News and the Boston Police department has just confirmed that 23 were now injured.

According to CBS Boston, am surveillance image captured a male carrying a backpack with possible devices and dropping it in a garbage can minutes before the explosions.Another undetonated bomb was discovered under the Grand Stand which was filled with hundreds of civilians.

A suspect is in custody, a Saudi national is currently being held in the Boston hospital after suffering shrapnel wound.

music by
sonnyboo.com...

www.latintimes.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogsounds
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Don't forget though, now everyone is on high alert, *every* unattended package will raise an alarm with someone, so there'll no doubt be a lot of false alarms - which they can't afford to ignore. Hopefully they will all be false alarms.

Yeah I considered this that's why I pointed out many have been cleared. Obviously there will be people reporting everything they see. I still think all the unattended bags and packages all in certain locations are strange. I'd think a terrorist would probably leave decoys such as empty bags and boxes to strain the local law enforcement.

Plus it seems as well as the packages cleared there are many that were detonated by police or failed to explode, so say recent news reports. Have to wait til all the facts come out to see the larger plan and targets
edit on 15-4-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

BBC: "Citing a White House official, the Reuters news agency reports the bombings will be treated as "an act of terror"."

www.bbc.co.uk...

That will open the door to all of the neato govt. regulations that do not need approval from anyone but the POTUS.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Doing multiple sweeps of reports of unidentified packages.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by evarei

Originally posted by Black_Fox
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Im guessing the wierd part is at the bottom,where it states it was joined/slash set up on Saturday.
Today is Monday,isnt it?

Can't you just change the title of your page after you create it?

Sure,I assume you can,but what was it before it was "changed"?
And why bother changing it in the first place,afterall,it only takes "a minute" to set-up a new one?
Just strange.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by todd44

The Saturday thing is just the timeline of when the user joined facebook, not meaning that the page about this event was posted on Saturday. No worries.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

Aye, fair point. Tell you what though, I wouldn't have the stones to be a cop right now, going anywhere near a suspicious package. I always have the greatest respect for *any* emergency service workers in situations like these.

link   
reply to post by evarei

No you would have to create a new page, So the timeline will still be there. Now it could be photo shopped.
here was the quote that went with the picture.

We were given this photo TODAY taken from a camera by another conservative page who found a link to this page TODAY. We were also sent the link to the page, however, the page was taken down within seconds of finding it and sharing it. We do not KNOW what is up, whether it is the government, the bomber, or a joke. We are here to post it, as the page was created on SATURDAY, and the bombings were TODAY. Will we find any answers? Doubtful. The same thing happened with the Sandy Hook victims. A page was created days before the event, and we still do not have answers for it. Your guess is as good as ours, and I truly do hope we find the answers, no matter what they may be. This is a tragedy, and our hearts go out to the victims. ~Hollster and Jen~

link   
I have started an alternate thread here to discuss the possibility that this was terror related, and, a product of Al Qaida and the warning published on 2-28-2013 on www.wnd.com

HERE

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dogsounds

I agree. Just the thought of approaching a suspicious looking bag or box scares the crap out of me. All it takes is one split second and being one centimeter too close...

Brave men and women they are

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by todd44

As someone who has made pages and renamed pages you can do it by pressing edit.. The fact that A page was made on saturday does not mean that was the title

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Neo

If this was a foreign terrorist attack, could it be views as an act of war?

And if so, what could the Gov do about it?

Make them promise not to do it again and send aid?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Doubtful, unless it was shown (or known) to be a state-sponsored or government-condoned (state or government of the terrorist's country, of course) act, in which case then yes, it could be interpreted as an act of war. I think.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
any unattended bag or object will be reported as suspicious...anything piece of liter or trash...american are not use to this...an eye opener...will this lead to new legislation to legalize the searching of anyone carrying a backpack or briefcase or large purse or messenger bag or grocery bag?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

reply to post by lnfideI

Doubtful, unless it was shown (or known) to be a state-sponsored or government-condoned (state or government of the terrorist's country, of course) act, in which case then yes, it could be interpreted as an act of war. I think.

But,but,but then why were we in Iraq??

link   
Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews 2m
NYPD Scanner: Queens: 91 St & Woodhaven Blvd NYPD on scene with a suspicious package, Bomb squad being requested.

link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Can't be a foreign terrorist attack - it was so petty, small-scale and amateur. Even Al Quaeda can do better. Thank goodness that it was so amateur otherwise more people could have been killed and injured.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join