It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
Neo

If this was a foreign terrorist attack, could it be views as an act of war?

And if so, what could the Gov do about it?

Make them promise not to do it again and send aid?

No doesn't fit the narrative that has come out of Washington for the last 4 years:

"the war on terror" is over.

They didn't even want to call what happened in Benghazi an act of terror, and the events at Fort Hood.
edit on 15-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I would think (hope) that the FBI NSA will be able to get that info from the unexploded ordnance.

They can finger print that stuff easily, I thought.

Originally posted by dogsounds
reply to post by lnfideI

Doubtful, unless it was shown (or known) to be a state-sponsored or government-condoned (state or government of the terrorist's country, of course) act, in which case then yes, it could be interpreted as an act of war. I think.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Everyone constantly posting about "suspicious packages" as if it's urgent breaking news - you do realise that *every* unattended bag will be reported and treated as suspicious, right?

Stop getting so excited - "it's over".
edit on 4/15/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Originally posted by dogsounds
reply to post by lnfideI

Doubtful, unless it was shown (or known) to be a state-sponsored or government-condoned (state or government of the terrorist's country, of course) act, in which case then yes, it could be interpreted as an act of war. I think.

But,but,but then why were we in Iraq??

Hahahah, oil my man, nut'n but the oil

link   
A foreign terrorist cell would have already claimed responsibility. No one has yet... probably the most unsettling part of all of this thus far... at least in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That's a very shameful shame.

Lets see what happens when this all shakes out.

Thanks Neo.

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by lnfideI
Neo

If this was a foreign terrorist attack, could it be views as an act of war?

And if so, what could the Gov do about it?

Make them promise not to do it again and send aid?

No doesn't fit the narrative that has come out of Washington for the last 4 years:

"the war on terror" is over.

They didn't even want to call what happened in Benghazi an act of terror.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Obama adressing the nation in 20 minutes.

Can't wait to see what he has to say about the largest "terrorist" attack on US soil in 12 years.

The only thing that he said that was noteworthy was "I am supremely confident" blah blah. "Supremely Confident?"

Who uses the adjective "Supremely?"

Dictators.

Besides that, nothing he said was anything we didn't already know. He was handed a script, and he read it. Period. Except, I think he used the word "Supremely" out of habit.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It's official. AP are reporting over 100 injured with 15 critical!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
The head of one of the hospitals said all the 4 major hospitals in Boston were running live drills for a bombing/terrorism situation in the city. This morning! Coincidence?

Come on. Seriously? Can you cite that source?

Is this shockingly similar to the drills on 9-11 where we were flying fighters to practice for planes being used as projectiles?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
They WILL catch whoever did it.

If they have 1 bomb that didn't go off they have forensic evidence, possibly DNA, and the chemical etc constituents of the device.

Plus CCTV of the area prior to the events, and they know he got there in a van or car if he doesn't live locally, so CCTV of the traffic will also help narrow it down.

Then there'll be the crazy letters in the post tomorrow to the MSM.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Well thank you for your opinion, I wish I was as sure as you about certain things, but given the amount of packages they've found and detonated or are being reported as unexploded I'd say with a little less luck this would not have been over after all we've seen and the potential for more danger is absolutely still present.

But that's just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
happened the same day as one of the biggest gold and silver sell offs in history! stock markets are crashing like crazy right! which headline do you think the MSM is gonna run with? same ole story every time....

And surprisingly, the day before 911 Rumsfeld admitted to losing touch with $22 billion ... or how much was that?

Do you all remember when that was a lot of money?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Well thank you for your opinion, I wish I was as sure as you about certain things, but given the amount of packages they've found and detonated or are being reported as unexploded I'd say with a little less luck this would not have been over after all we've seen and the potential for more danger is absolutely still present.

But that's just my opinion.

What do you think happens when a bomb goes off?

People don't hang around looking for their bags, they R U N!

These were probably bombs in bags (obviously), so EVERY bag that's been left behind is a potential bomb.

People go from complacent to hypersensitive in a very short time and then EVERYTHING looks suspicious to them.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
The head of one of the hospitals said all the 4 major hospitals in Boston were running live drills for a bombing/terrorism situation in the city. This morning! Coincidence?

Come on. Seriously? Can you cite that source?

Is this shockingly similar to the drills on 9-11 where we were flying fighters to practice for planes being used as projectiles?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I would think that if this were some major foreign-power sponsored attack being carried out against the US, they would have taken the time to make sure to do more damage in their strike. Yeah, it was big booms, but the casualty count for this seems FAR lower than a foreign power would be shooting for. If it was them, I would have expected bigger booms, more building damage, and more of a body count.

But regardless of who did it ... its stupid. I'd love the chance to have a go at the person(s) responsible.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

I hope they do catch them... They've reported already they have a suspect on tape with a backpack bringing a device to the scene and placing it in a trash receptacle. Also I've seen reported via twitter this picture of someone being detained recently. It's weird it looks like he's wearing a makeshift turban or something, possibly a hat. No shirt on. Handcuffed sitting on a curb.

Has anyone else seen this? Can they link to it? Ill try and find a URL... I have the pic on my phone but I don't know how to get it on here.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter
I would think that if this were some major foreign-power sponsored attack being carried out against the US, they would have taken the time to make sure to do more damage in their strike. Yeah, it was big booms, but the casualty count for this seems FAR lower than a foreign power would be shooting for. If it was them, I would have expected bigger booms, more building damage, and more of a body count.

But regardless of who did it ... its stupid. I'd love the chance to have a go at the person(s) responsible.

Remember this? en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2

I hope they do catch them... They've reported already they have a suspect on tape with a backpack bringing a device to the scene and placing it in a trash receptacle. Also I've seen reported via twitter this picture of someone being detained recently. It's weird it looks like he's wearing a makeshift turban or something, possibly a hat. No shirt on. Handcuffed sitting on a curb.

Has anyone else seen this? Can they link to it? Ill try and find a URL... I have the pic on my phone but I don't know how to get it on here.

This was posted in another thread (not taking credit)

pbs.twimg.com...:large

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Okay... I don't see how that relates to my post but I agree, Ive stated as much only in fewer words on previous posts.

The police have found unexploded bombs and detonated at least one or two. All I was saying was it could have been a lot worse had those bombs gone off and the fact that there are so many (3+) means danger is still present, at least from a LEO point of view.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join