It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm hearing now on John & Ken in L.A. that they have a suspect, a Saudi-National on a Student-Visa,
currently in the hospital, and that law enforcement has great interest in him (as a suspect).

Rebel 5

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelv
Okay, well here's my opinion. I think this is a false flag operation, attempting to get radical gun control
into place. Their biggest opposition is the NRA and Right Wing Supporters of the Second Amendment,
Now, This all started with Sandy Hook, and ever since then, they've been on the gun control bandwagon,
but realize the resistance would probably start a civil war. The Boston Marathon this year was in
commemoration of the Sandy Hook Massacre, and 2nd amendment pro-activists will be blamed on this
bombing. even it is being said that some of the victims families from Sandy Hook were in attendance at the marathon. They are trying to swing, the people to supporting taking away the 2nd amendment right, and vilify
those who support the 2nd amendment. That's my story and I'll probably be sticking to it.

Rebel 5.

If they are relying on "incidents" like this to implement their "gun control", then Sandy Hook was the perfect one to introduce their laws. 30 kids murdered in an elementary school. Cannot get much worse than that.

I know this is a conspiracy website, but maybe we should look at this for what it is. A case of either domestic or international terrorism that will most likely affect all of us at some point in the future.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Just now on CNN...they are questioning a person of interest; all I know so far.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by YayMayorBee

Originally posted by flyswatter
I would think that if this were some major foreign-power sponsored attack being carried out against the US, they would have taken the time to make sure to do more damage in their strike. Yeah, it was big booms, but the casualty count for this seems FAR lower than a foreign power would be shooting for. If it was them, I would have expected bigger booms, more building damage, and more of a body count.

But regardless of who did it ... its stupid. I'd love the chance to have a go at the person(s) responsible.

Remember this? en.wikipedia.org...

They did not achieve their ultimate goal of toppling one tower into the other with this, but that bomb did very significant damage and killed several people. I was thinking like 900 injured, but Wikipedia says closer to 1,100. So lets call it 1,000.

It is far too early to begin pointing fingers at specific individuals by name, but I'm going to guess home grown here, either American or foreign-born but non-foreign-sponsored individual(s).

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
From CBS, for what it is worth:

CBS News senior correspondent John Miller reports that a Saudi national is being questioned by authorities. He was seen "acting suspiciously" running from the explosion and a civilian chased him down and tackled him. He was turned over to Boston Police and is being questioned by FBI. He is being cooperative and denies any involvement. "This could mean a lot, or this could mean very little," Miller said. "It's too soon to call him a suspect." Miller reported earlier that authorities are also reviewing surveillance video that shows a man from behind carrying two backpacks near the site of the explosions. Authorities are not sure whether the subject in the video is linked to the blasts. Boston police say no suspect has been taken into custody.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Now confirmed, one of the fatalities was an 8 year old boy.

Rebel 5

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So lets assume that the person injured earlier was the bomber and the one being questioned.

There are really only two circumstances that this individual was injured by the blast

1. He placed the bombs, was confronted by law enforcement or some individual, and detonated the bombs injuring himself

2. He was the mule, was told to place the bombs. Somone overwatching saw when he placed the 2nd bomb and detonated both in hopes of killing him and get rid of any proof of their involvement.

The 2nd possibility is a little scary as there may be others out there with more bombs and future plans

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I read no more...
I predict here and now that this will turn out to be a false flagsetup by the FBI/ATF
Some patsys will be trotted out and labelled as patriot terrorists or some such...but really the goverment will then tighten the laws on gun ownership, travel, stop and frisk, you name it...
This is the final straw to martial law...the landslide is about to go over the edge....

link   
reply to post by drakus

yes americans do need to wake up..we are entrenched in our own saftey and secrurity...maybe this is what this is all about...so far nobdy is taking responsibility..wouldnt that be some good pr for a terrorist group? could possibly swell thier numbers..what kind of new legislation will now be inacted to protect americans?..what kind of searches will now be legalized? what kind of registration will now be legalized? and all this will be done to law abiding people in order to maybe, possibly , well sorta, catch a terrorist......when the net is cast, the net doesnt care what it catches.........

link   
If this was anti-gun control related, I'd expect a shooting rather than a bombing...
Looks like they were timed or RC devices. Maybe the slight delay from the first to the second device corresponds to the time it takes to make two phone calls one after the other...

Hearing now that most of the seriously injured casualties are kids, sickened.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Boston EMS is deploying a new, off-the-shelf, lightweight mobile device for the first time at the Boston Marathon on April 15. The platform, from SafetyPAD, is intended for use in mass-casualty situations gives EMS personnel the ability to carry into crowds and assess a patient upon arrival, document in realtime, transmit data to transport units before they arrive, and other features. Boston EMS will utilize the new Android-based program for bike and gator teams along race route.

Source

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

www.local15tv.com...
[edit by]edit on 15-4-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
reply to post by drakus

yes americans do need to wake up..we are entrenched in our own saftey and secrurity...maybe this is what this is all about...so far nobdy is taking responsibility..wouldnt that be some good pr for a terrorist group? could possibly swell thier numbers..what kind of new legislation will now be inacted to protect americans?..what kind of searches will now be legalized? what kind of registration will now be legalized? and all this will be done to law abiding people in order to maybe, possibly , well sorta, catch a terrorist......when the net is cast, the net doesnt care what it catches.........

I was amazed at the similarity in the statements Obama made in this
press conference to his Press Conference related to Sandy Hook. I
think they are related.

I think this is false-flag, and its about disarming America. I think it fits a much larger pattern,
going on for the last couple of years, most of these shootings, including Aurora and Sandy Hook,
seemed to me to all be part of the pattern, and now this.

Please forgive my sarcasm, but 'what kind of new legislation' Well I suppose now they will make
bombs illegal, and try to confiscate bombs.

Just trying to point out that gun control will not stop violence, anybody who can read a book
can make a bomb.

Rebel 5

edit on 15-4-2013 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by phantomjack

Oh, pish posh. It IS over. We'll all probably forget about it in a few days. A movie script does not go on forever you know...

edit on 4/15/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

Sure it does! The new Star Trek comes out next month!

2nd.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

Bruins game is delayed now, too obvious a target.

My opinion? I'm really not sure at this point. I'm thinking some kind of right-wing militia group, but that's just a hunch.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueShiroux
I live in the Boston area and this was extremely terrifying for me.
I've seen multiple posts on my facebook wall that are making very cruel jokes about it, its so upsetting.

Hang in there Blue. Some humans are just pigs. Focus on the positive that you are safe.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
CNN is talking about ball bearings being in the bombs. So they say they were like IUD's. 17 in critical condition.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelv

i also think that all those incidents are connected...a larger picture to be sure... when i say 'new legislation'..i mean somthing like legalizing random stops and searches of 'suspicious' people, probably carry a bag of some sort..maybe DHS will step in to do those searches since the police seem to be understaffed...how a bout some type of registation in order to attend a public event...yes very difficult, but corden off the streets along the route and require a 'pass' or something....never underestimate the govt.....they are the game for the long haul where as the public has a very very short attention span........

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
reply to post by drakus

To clarify, when I say "wake up" I do not mean "take up arms".
The real revolution is fought in the conciousness of the People.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelv

Because back then they were terrorists

Yep back then they were terrorists til they got government, and teaching jobs.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
So they say they were like IUD's.

"I.E.D's"

Improvised explosive devices.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join