It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought a Gun, Got a Letter from the Attorney General

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The only "safe" place for my gun in order to prevent all that potential harm... is on my hip. In my control all the time. Thats thee only guarantee I can make... other wise, it is not safe, no matter how "safe" you must think it is. Whats intimidating is the threat of prosecution for others purposeful act while my gun is at home... out of my control. You know how hard it is to get an open carry in california? Thats the "bear arms" part... swept away.

Yep, and if you take it out of your home it has to be in a locked case in the trunk with the ammo stored separately. Effectively useless, and even the conceal carry permit is cuckoo as the firearm cannot be loaded. Again, useless.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
All I read was....

" We know you have a gun, We know where you stay, If you try to say you don't know where said gun is when we come then we will take you instead, Keep that gun where wee tell you to make our job of confiscating it easy, Expect us soon."

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Yep, and if you take it out of your home it has to be in a locked case in the trunk with the ammo stored separately. Effectively useless, and even the conceal carry permit is cuckoo as the firearm cannot be loaded. Again, useless.

Really, I did not know that about transport in a car. Used to be you had to have it visible, unloaded but visible. So the cop can see it. When they pulled you over you say, "I am armed' and point to it. The loaded mag could be in the glove or your pocket as long as it wasn't in the gun.

Back then it was understood that a gun is pretty useless when it is secured away from your person. Other wise what is the use of having it... at all?

Nowadays the rules are about keeping it from threatening an officer... period. Just having one loaded and nearby is their biggest fear. Even though I am only carrying for protection when the police aren't around.

Since they don't follow me around all day, that is why I need a gun... derp?

Hand wringing politicians know this full well. That is why they have bodyguards. That is what they fear... and armed populace. The "teeth" behind the Republic.

That is how we know they are trying to take all guns away, eventually. One little restriction at a time.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I carry a gun, because a cop is too heavy...

Seriously... Every time I travel to one of the Communist States of America (you know who you are, blue states) or D.C. and I have to forgo my constitutional right to keep and bear arms, I get sick to my stomach...

Three more years and we can make some inroads on the destruction that has been fostered upon this once great republic...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

You are seriously intimidated by that little letter? And yet you are allowed to have a gun. WOW!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Three more years and we can make some inroads on the destruction that has been fostered upon this once great republic...

How far back you want to go? Is three years really going to make all that much difference? I only say that because from experience my take is that they used to put measures before the voters on gun control and it would always get voted down.

Nowadays, they just hype and legislate...

In California all the new laws are a result of the latest tragedy, not ballots.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

You are seriously intimidated by that little letter? And yet you are allowed to have a gun. WOW!

I am not allowed to own a gun, I have the right to own a gun as I have no criminal record, have no history of violent behavior or mental illness, and have proven to the state of California that I am a resident who is knowledgeable and competent in regards to gun safety and state laws governing firearms. And no, I am not intimidated by this letter, but that is the tactic I feel is being employed in this instance, treating proven lawful citizens like potential criminals.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just goes to show you, only buy guns on the black market. It's much easier, and no one knows what you have.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I have no sympathy for anyone who lives in a state, county, city or municipality the infringes upon their Second Amendment rights... Move... It's that simple...

Shouldn't you be more concerned about a state, county, city, or municipality that infringes upon someone's Second Amendment rights?

Move?

First they took away my second amendments rights in California so I moved to another state.

Then they took away my second amendment rights is _______ state, so I moved.

And so on.

Pretty soon, I had nowhere else to move.

Seriously, Mirthful?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Seriously... There is no changing these blue states... Let them implode, then and only then can they be reclaimed...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
reply to post by intrptr

Seriously... Every time I travel to one of the Communist States of America (you know who you are, blue states) or D.C. and I have to forgo my constitutional right to keep and bear arms, I get sick to my stomach...

Excuse you, the blue states and DC are HARDLY "communist"!!!

You can disagree politically without attacking in such a childish manner.

Very poor form

All 50 states and additional territories make up this great country of ours. Each state has different views on political matters and not only is that allowed, it's encouraged. We are a conglomeration of states that exercise their rights within their borders along with other laws that are carried out nation wide. NONE of the states of the Union are "communist" nor are any of the states "Nazi". It shows great ignorance and bigotry to say such a thing.

If you disagree with a political stance, you can give the reasons you disagree with it and give your opposing views without being childish and pulling out words like "communist" and "nazi" knowing full well that they aren't applicable and only show ignorance your your behalf in the use of them.

Just FYI, this is coming from a gun owner and supporter of the 2nd Amendment, not someone you could consider a "pinko communist"

You're making all of us look bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The way it started out, I wa like, " cool, just some safety reminders, nothing wrong with that" then it progressed....
Cars kill many people, I've never received a letter saying, "don't drink and drive" "don't leave your car running unattended" "don't break the posted speed limit signs" etc....
What a crock of dookie! Fudge those cork suckers, you passed their background and qualify for a gun. They can drop dead....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

There are signs all over the highway telling people not to drink and drive. Pretty much every commercial for booze tells you to drink responsibly, so don't give me that. GOD FORBID someone try to tell people to be safe with a weapon intended to do nothing but KILL.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I don't know where you live but, I don't see any "don't drink and drive signs" where I live. As far as commercials, they are forced to do that.....not something they are being responsible and choosing to do. This is America, we are responsible for actions we take with our freedoms. When the government leads you onto the trains to the FEMA camps....well, just keep believing in that "your government does what it does for the good of the people...".

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The Facebook IPOD is classic, what kind of idiot would do a budget like this? This must be the type of idiot who makes 200k a year on your dime

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
I have no problem with this -- a form letter.

Really? A form letter that has your name, address and what type of gun you bought kept in a database.... Well then you should have no problem when they come and take your gun(s) away and maybe you too to a FEMA camp.... If you live in CA then please stay there...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by technirupple

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
reply to post by intrptr

Excuse you, the blue states and DC are HARDLY "communist"!!!

You can disagree politically without attacking in such a childish manner.

Very poor form

All 50 states and additional territories make up this great country of ours. Each state has different views on political matters and not only is that allowed, it's encouraged. We are a conglomeration of states that exercise their rights within their borders along with other laws that are carried out nation wide. NONE of the states of the Union are "communist" nor are any of the states "Nazi". It shows great ignorance and bigotry to say such a thing.

If you disagree with a political stance, you can give the reasons you disagree with it and give your opposing views without being childish and pulling out words like "communist" and "nazi" knowing full well that they aren't applicable and only show ignorance your your behalf in the use of them.

Just FYI, this is coming from a gun owner and supporter of the 2nd Amendment, not someone you could consider a "pinko communist"

You're making all of us look bad.

Geez, 2 posts and you have all the answers? The "constitution state" just passed the most restrictive gun laws in America all against the 2ed amendment... Co, NY, and many other states have done the same. Wake up and realize we are not a "Great country" anymore but a nation that is going down because of Communist beliefs.....
edit on 15-4-2013 by SSFlorida because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

WOW.......remind me again why people live in California? To be fair, that could become the reality all over, if some get their way. Talk about Draconian! I agree; that screams intimidation. The part about eviction is most interesting, too. Does that go with property seizure as well, I wonder?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Edit: Never mind
edit on 16-4-2013 by madu187 because: CBF'd

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
ahhhhh......Texas.

You poor Californian saps. Why are you still there?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join