It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Responsible For ATS's Recent Downtime?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

This proves to me that the internet is more robust than many of us realize.

Short of completley shutting down *all* internet trafffic world-wide, people would find work arounds and ways to reach each other. The cat really is out of the bag, so to speak.

Now that information sharing has become the norm, people expect it and will find ways to continue to do it. People would resort to smoke signals if need be, or mountain top bonfies ala "The Two Towers".

ATS has a lot of active members -- I can't even imagine what would happen if reddit went down for 15+ hours.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My name at IIDRN is Justin Other...oh wait, I think I have this backwards...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ats went down for me around 2 or 3 pm was offline all nite, went and watched tv.

Glad ATs is back up

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All I could think of yesterday:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
This site is available to everyone to check on ANY site to see when you think it's down.

www.isitdownrightnow.com...

enter the domain you want to check on....
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

It's strange, when i switch IP address (i have 2 liveboxes) this site says that ATS is down for everyone

Then when i go to the other IP address is says that ATS is up...

Mega confused... duhhhhhh... or am i just as thick as two short planks and am proving my total incapacity of managing computers again?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 4-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Extremely crap spelling mistake

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
If you find out they (the scum attackers) were near me send me their address and I will get all the Northern england members to go round and duff em up

Giz a shout mate when you are ready and ill drive up all the way from the South of france, get the ferry over and then jump on the train and get up North to help you kneecap them!

If they haven't run away waiting for me that is!?

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
YES! I'm back on!!!!

I actually had to talk to my family last night!
Found out me and the missus don't have anything in common.

Reality is harsh without my beloved ATS!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
ATS was down all day on my ISP at least, then I found a support site where
you all had gathered, and I read tor worked, so I finally broke out the TOR for
ATS access!
How ironic is that?

TOR worked great, just an FYI for the "next time".
Hoping there is not a "next time" ....and I just might have to
create a facebook too...for ATS Downtime.

ETA: I have to say, I was impressed by the way we members found each other
on the net during the downtime. Way to go ATS members!

edit on 4-4-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
so glad ATS is back!! I was forced to brave a site full of lunatics (literally if you catch my meaning :@@
to try and figure out what was going on, and was quite surprised to see how someone people feel about ATS and some of it's members, not cool!! I saw a link a few pages back to a back up forum, but when I tried to follow it nothing came up?? if there is such a place I would really like to have the link because being out of touch was quite unnerving and I did not like it one little bit!!!1
I felt like a little bird forced from the nest all alone in the big bad world!! lol

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Strange...I can't get on again on my laptop but now my phone seems to get it no problem...

Don't you do this to me ATS! Don't you do it!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think the attacks may be starting again....Having real trouble from the UK.
Just getting this post on is taking me many refreshes.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm in the states and mine is taking very long to refresh, it just went out, and I turned my iPad off and back on and it was working fine.
It sure is frustrating I will tell ya that!! I'm trying to get all my poems written down out of my threads. I want them on paper!!!

-nat the restless cat-

Cody can't access his either..where is he at..I forgot to ask?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

I didn't like the idea of mixing ATS members and faceslap. It seemed almost frivolous, maybe i'm being paranoid, but using your real photo for both sites is a bit, well, not really ATS.

Are you talking about me?

I am apparently horrible about being anonymous, because, my picture is the same at both locations, which is why I thought you were referring to me.

Freedom of expression, my friend, and with that I chose to just be 'me'. I am not sure if that makes me 'not really ATS' as you said, but, I will just say that I am not at all afraid to be myself. I have never been good at creating alter-egos or other personas for the internet (or for anything) because, I am truly more comfortable just being 'me' and I'm prepared to take whatever comes with that.

Others are not at all comfortable with a lack of anonymity, and I can totally respect that. Totally understandable.

To each their own.

I was thinking the same thing. You guys are slipping, your really beautiful and all but SERIOUSLY.... I dont want anything to start happening to our members... Were not safe as we are being sought out and exterminated almost on a daily basis.

Deny ignorance boo...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It definitely isn't running well again. Everything is taking a super long time to load.

Reports from FB range from fine, to slow, to no.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yippie, back online for me over in the UK!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonLover

I was thinking the same thing. You guys are slipping, your really beautiful and all but SERIOUSLY.... I dont want anything to start happening to our members... Were not safe as we are being sought out and exterminated almost on a daily basis. Deny ignorance boo...

Well, I sincerely thank you for the compliment. And, I completely understand where you are coming from.

I will give what you said some serious consideration.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'm in the states and mine is taking very long to refresh, it just went out, and I turned my iPad off and back on and it was working fine.
It sure is frustrating I will tell ya that!! I'm trying to get all my poems written down out of my threads. I want them on paper!!!

-nat the restless cat-

Cody can't access his either..where is he at..I forgot to ask?

Do you have a laptop or a desktop?

The copying and pasting from an iPad sounds tedious. It might be a lot faster if you have another means of accessing your work.

Good luck, I hope you are able to get it all backed up.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The anonymity thing is a choice. From the beginning I deliberately opted to go the other way with it and did not want to use proxies and vague aliases.

This is a function of my feeling that trying to hide is what tends to send up red flags to the authorities - red flags that help to narrow the field of those who end up being watched.

It works like this... When I was a teenager in California we used to go out and party at a place called Niles dam. A tiny area in the midst of a canyon. The cops invariably would come and try to bust us. Most people ran in the other direction and were usually funnelled into a trap. My approach? I grabbed my beer, put my arm around my date, and calmly walked directly at and into the swarm of cops.

It never failed to work. Not once was I busted or detained.

Not saying this approach is for everyone. Just saying it works for me.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Please do

On a side note when I seen you guys on I wanted to introduce but was waaaaayyy to paranoid lol

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Its back the whole day here in germany, nice to see u around again Chris.
2nd

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join