It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Responsible For ATS's Recent Downtime?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just got back on .... ATS was down for 24 hours here outside of Philly.

The hack attack happened yesterday right after all those posts from those posters (or one person with multiple accounts) who kept posting extreme anti-American hate. I hope the MODS here kept the IP information on that person (or persons) so when they report the hack attack they can include that person (persons) to be checked up on.

It's just too strange that the extreme hate was posted and then BOOOOM hack attack.
IMHO

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheldonCooper
reply to post by daryllyn

Yeah that was very funny and interesting too.
Nice to know some of u guys now.
And good to be back................

I know some think it was very un-ATS of us all, but, putting faces with the names was really great, and a nice change of pace. It was interesting seeing everyone sort of 'out of their element'. I feel like it was some sort of weird ATS reunion.

I just love that we all converged and managed to share information and news items while things were awry here.

Totally made my day. And, yes, very good to be back!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I better post now, since my link has been off and on still in the past hour!
Cleared all my history/cookies.

It's a shame that people do this sort of stuff,
and either I got the wrong twitter account of @abovetopsecret because they only mentioned DDos Attack once and then went back to tweeting hot Flagged topics?

Like give me a break!
To me it made above top secret as if they couldn't care less if they were up and online, maybe they were the ones shutting the site down.

I call it like I see it sorry ATS! but you are a conspiracy site so that's my conspiracy.
Thanks for keeping us updated with other social means?????

OH I see on page two to change DSN servers, like if we couldn't get to the site how the hell do we know??
Cracks me up!! LOL, What is the real twitter account for this site? and who should I really follow because I'm removing the one I followed yesterday that one's a joke! good grief!

edit on 4-4-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hey..how ya doing. Nice to see you back on here. Nice to be back myself. Wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you giving me the link to change my DNS...as you can see...it worked.....

I wasn't brave enough to follow through late last night, when Heff was trying to walk me through it in our secret hidey hole.

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I noticed a few other sites down as well last night. Probably no connection there

Also had problems with cell calls going through with bluetooth. Kept getting a message to contact administrator. That's never happened before.

Anyone else?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I was afraid to do it last night, too, because, I just don't know enough about that stuff! And, it was way passed my bed time anyway.

But, you are welcome and I am so glad it worked for you.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Just got on now

Kept checking this site

www.isitdownrightnow.com...

And saw the FB chat...

Oh and you have the best surname ever

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Had to wake up and configure Linux for Open DNS as well... I just couldn't stand another minute in Windows.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just posted this on our temporary home set up last night. Am posting it here while I try to figure it out.

OK something really weird happened on my computer. I changed the DNS setting,got back on ATS, then it went down again the first time I tried to reload. So...I went back to my DNS settings to just check it. The settings had changed all by themselves to the default setting for my computer. I'm only supposed to be able to change the settings manually. It appears logging onto ATS, actually changed my setting back to the default. That is not supposed to happen. I've now reset them again, and am able to access ATS...but I don't know if they'll pop back to the default again. I'll go to ATS and try to post again and see what happens. I'm on Windoz system laptop.

Am now going to reboot my 2ganged routers, with multiple computers, to see if that solves this current problem.

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Just got on now

Kept checking this site

www.isitdownrightnow.com...

And saw the FB chat...

Oh and you have the best surname ever

Hahah, well thank you
just try not to make fun of me for it!

Were you in there somewhere? I don't recall.. The list of comments kind of exploded and I lost track after it all moved to the chat.

Were you able to just log on instantly or did you have to play with your DNS settings? It wasn't until after I changed mine (thanks, Heff) that I was finally able to get back on.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well , not sure who was responsible. After my 10,000 attempt to log on, I thought what am I going to do? I decide to say "[snip] it dude lets go bowling"

But I'm pretty sure I know how the whole mess got resolved. Someone finally got Mr. Gray up, and he said... "SIMON SAYS WORK AGAIN."

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Once you change the adapter settings for Open DNS - make sure you boot the system.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No I do not do facebook

Did any one else get a little paranoid? I kept thinking "they" have taken all the alternative sites down due to what is happening in NK.

Now I will just blame Heff
did you press the big red button Heff?

edit on 4-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

No I do not do facebook

Did any one else get a little paranoid? I kept thinking "they" have taken all the alternative sites down due to what is happening in NK.

The timing had everyone in an uproar. There was a ton of talk about NK.. the timing most definitely had everyone adding extra layers to their tinfoil hats.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

First thing I did Heff. Routers have now been rebooted...I'm still here...yay...

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

No I do not do facebook

Now I will just blame Heff
did you press the big red button Heff?

edit on 4-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

I got askeered alittle.

So I emailed a friend and she calmed me down, though I still wore the tinfoil (it went with what I was wearing)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Heff...you may know, being a mod and all. Is ATS still under attack?

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Are you talking about me?

maybe.....

I hope you're not offended.......if you are.....

You do seem like a nice person and I would have you as a friend on Facepalm anytime.

Tbh, It was a shock to see that ATS members are on there at all, though it shouldn't be.

By "not really ATS", I meant not really above top secret,

I think you are very ATS in the sense of the site.

I'm kinda half way with privacy and anonymity.

James Weldsman is not my real name, but that's what I call myself Online.

You are right to be yourself.

That's the best person you can be

edit on 4/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I think the attack ended ( though only SO can answer that definitively ) - but my assumption is that the defences ATS has are still on a state of high alert, so to speak and are still being very particular about the traffic they are allowing.

Of course I could be entirely wrong. It's been a busy morning in my real life and I've yet to get my obligatory caffeine intake fulfilled.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Well go get some coffee high octane. You were till tucking us in on our temporary home, at 2am......

How did it feel being the official ATS babysitter there....

Des

edit on 4-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join