It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Responsible For ATS's Recent Downtime?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

No offense taken, but the admins are usually tight lipped about these things. So I doubt they will post anything more specific. (That's just my take from seeing different stuff happen over the years.

reply to post by smurfy

Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

My hubby has laptop. So when he get home it will be much easier to copy and send to my email or what not.

Peace and love
-nat cat-

OH and ATS went out for me right after I posted that message.
edit on 4-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

And another thing...I'm this guy...I mean I'm a lady but I'm this guy...Hahahaha

I guess that's why I don't have fb

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

YES!! ATS is back for me. My did I have serious withdraw. It's the only site I now really bother with on the Web outside of researching questions about subjects I enjoy. I too' like others here, have only recently started posting as I took my time, so as to learn properly how to be a good and earnest member/contributor.

I thought it was my PCs or router problem. Even joined a PC Help Forum to assist in resolving this issue (fantastic, informative site. Am currently learning a lot about computer/web technical stuff from that); then was informed that others were having the same problems and eventually learned from it's users that Twitter (I don't have Twitter) was saying a DDoS attack (had to wiki that to get the gist of what that means).

Now, a lot of suggestions here talk of changing DNS numbers, using Proxy servers, different browsers or modified by something called Tor: did I get that right?? (I really don't know), configuring Ipconfig stuff, etc. I don't understand ANY of this, let alone how to do it. Can any of the brilliant minds on here consider starting a thread [ for me it needs to be a Complete Idiot's Guide
] to help the unknowledgeable to understand; pre-empting this sort of attack/ situation happening again.

I want to add my voice to those who are praising the ATS site. I have no, nor have I any interest in, any other Conspiracy site. The Aliens/Gray/Current/Mysterious etc. forums here are fab and the ATS members are brill at what they do (Slayer69, Phage, Arken to name but a few).

FANTASTIC ATS, YOU GO GUYS!!!!
THANK YOU.
Seeker7

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by smurfy

I'm not 100% sure Smurf. I have not seen any real comfirmation, still waiting for one of those all members U2U's.

Never 100% sure of anything, but I will believe what I hear from the horses mouth.

edit on 4-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

You know something, I'm not to sure how to proceed from now on. I have a name, Sven Olaf Kamphuis, he's a Dutchman, and no he won't be worried by the mention, the New York Times has already been there, done that!
You can link the name to Cyberbunker and others, here's the NYT's take on him,

www.nytimes.com...
They call him the 'King of spam' but there are other little tid bits of info dribbling out on his organisation here,

c4ss.org...

here,
www.setyoufreenews.com...

Here,
www.bbc.co.uk...

It all makes him not so much 'King of Spam' but a serious hacker at least, and whatever is going on, not good news for us 9 to 5's, or good for the 'net in general.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thank's Man, looks like I got some reading to do.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker7
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

I thought it was my PCs or router problem. Even joined a PC Help Forum to assist in resolving this issue (fantastic, informative site. Am currently learning a lot about computer/web technical stuff from that); then was informed that others were having the same problems and eventually learned from it's users that Twitter (I don't have Twitter) was saying a DDoS attack (had to wiki that to get the gist of what that means).

Now, a lot of suggestions here talk of changing DNS numbers, using Proxy servers, different browsers or modified by something called Tor: did I get that right?? (I really don't know), configuring Ipconfig stuff, etc. I don't understand ANY of this, let alone how to do it. Can any of the brilliant minds on here consider starting a thread [ for me it needs to be a Complete Idiot's Guide
] to help the unknowledgeable to understand; pre-empting this sort of attack/ situation happening again.

FANTASTIC ATS, YOU GO GUYS!!!!
THANK YOU.
Seeker7

Definitely a good site here. That's done and dusted by the individuals of all shades who are members.
If what I think did happen here, and that being an overwhelming of server/s, changing DNS numbers, using Proxy servers, or TOR would make no difference. Even earlier on ATS when back on line had a no available link at times with the, 'too busy' message, albeit not so bad as a broken link type message.
Your router may or may not have played a part unintentionally, who knows?
I've no idea how ATS had to work to get back online, but they did well.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
On a side note, I noticed the New Topics page is not refreshing ? Anyone know if it's related or why ?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Mine is just taking a long time to refresh...boooo

-nat skit cat-

And I don't know if it's related or what man.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thanks Nat

Trying to think of a 2nd.

Oh well 3rd

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

On a side note, I noticed the New Topics page is not refreshing ? Anyone know if it's related or why ?

Both new topics and firehouse have been slow for me since the last revamp, I wish they would remove the ads in those two pages. They work better on the Google Chrome browser, than my browser/server in that instance, but Chrome is full of it's own shi'te too.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree. I never use a proxy or tor or duckduckgo, I like fast Internetz,
I even use Chrome (hangs head in shame) because I like it better than the other browsers.
But I only use my real name when I have to. It's only a personal choice.

There is a difference between online privacy and anonimity.

No-one is anonymous unless they try very hard and don't mind snailnet to achieve whatever.

I just don't know if my real name and a photo of me and maybe some personal info should all be together in one place on the interwebz. I tell my son the same thing.

I don't throw anything with my name and address in the trash, why should I put it online?
You don't have to be particularly interesting to have your identity stolen....

Like you say, Heff and Darylln, I have alway found politeness and (relative) honesty saves a lot of bother. It's a bigger crime to run away from or lie to a policeman than any juvenile misdemeanor that doesn't actually hurt anyone.

I really appreciated the emergency back up forum. Thanks Chris

But now I feel left out of the cuddly ATS Facepalm club.
although I did "like" the Fetal ball statement.
I went scary places as well.
Not nice.
ATS good.
No ATS bad.

Not a problem mate, it was my ATS duty!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

There has been a thread about a cure for cancer, that said it was posted 31 seconds ago. On there for at least 4 hours.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

There has been a thread about a cure for cancer, that said it was posted 31 seconds ago. On there for at least 4 hours.

Yes, I saw that a good while ago, there's a lot like that is inaccurate and ongoing, but mostly minor stuff. Information sharing is the most important thing to me. Sometimes it gets out there, sometimes it doesn't do so well, C'est la vie.
Sorry, I should have added in that I was talking about the technical vagaries here, not the post about cancer.
edit on 4-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Chris...Thank You for stepping up to the plate last night, and hitting a home run for us, left shivering outside the locked doors of ATS.

I've bookmarked, and joined your hidey hole, you made for us, for possible future dark times.....

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Where's this hidey hole you speak of? I missed it

Is a fb thing?

Peace and love
-nat the restless cat-

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

There were 2 hidey holes created last night...a mess of us...around 100 or more...were traveling around..a homeless ATS pack...we had some fun.....

I'll u2u the links to you in a bit.. They are for emergency use during times like yesterday....temporary mental health facilities, for those of us losing it....

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Speaking of temporary mental health facilities... I am pretty much an expert on all the ones in our state - so if you ever need the input, I can direct you to the ones with the best food, meds, etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff...wanted to Thank You. Even though I chickened out late last night. I did the DNS thingie you tried to walk me through, this morning when I lost access again. Worked perfect, and no problems.

What is strange...my ISP way up here is so rickety...the new DNS designations are much much faster. I didn't think that was possible. I'm a happy camper.

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I would be very appreciative if you would also pm the hidey-hole links to me. I missed everyone last night and didn't know where everyone had gone until much later when I found the FB page.
Thanks very much!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I did have a mini melt down last night...but um...well I blamed it on something else...I truly think it was ATS withdrawal...it was the absolute weirdest feeling I have felt.

I can't believe I just admitted that..I feel like such a loser.
I can do other things, I just really like this site a whole lot. I do live in the real world as well. This place just does feel like a family and I really enjoy it. There's so many kind people on here with a variety of ideas and thoughts. It's wonderful.
Okay then. Haha.

Peace and love
-nat cat-

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join