It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Responsible For ATS's Recent Downtime?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Last night, when I was in the throes of full on ATS withdrawals, and we were all comforting one another and crying on Facebook..and making fun of Heff because his mascara was running all over his face... I realized that I truly have a serious addiction to ATS.

I might need a 12 step program.

*looks around shyly* My name is Daryllyn, and I'm an ATSaholic.

We should start an ATS Anonymous thread, because, more ATS is obviously the answer.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Haha! Yes!

Hi I'm nat and I'm an ATSaholic.

Peace and love
-nat the crazed cat-

I couldn't cry with you guys last night because I do not have a fb page

edit on 4-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I AM NOT AN ADDICT!!!!

Sorry... my superpower is denial.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

It's never too late to start one

You don't even have to use your real name, a ton of ATS people have one under a 'fake' name.

No pressure, of course

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
While I was in the throes of a full on ats withdrawal fit, I decided the only thing left for me to do was systematically purge my floors of every speck of dirt...the anxiety from not being able to log in, coupled with the fear that north Koreans were coming for us sent my OCD into overdrive. I try very hard not to be a neurotic house cleaner, but left without my beloved ATS I went on a real bender...it got ugly, but luckily I did not decide to break out the bleach and sanitize from top to bottom...next time though, I may not be so lucky!

I hope that I never have to resort to such tedious domestic activities again

But even though I didn't post, I wanted to say thanks to all the people who did and how much it meant to me to see familiar names when I checked in every 10 minutes between scrubbing floorboards and tooth brushing tiles. You guys really helped, and yes...I too need to sign up for ATS anonymous, I now can officially add it to my ever growing list of obsessions

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I AM NOT AN ADDICT!!!!

Sorry... my superpower is denial.

The bigger the letters...the bigger the addiction...or so I've heard.....

BTW, it's your turn to bring cookies to the next 12 step meeting...NO Beezer cookies.His raisins are questionable....

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

While I was in the throes of a full on ats withdrawal fit, I decided the only thing left for me to do was systematically purge my floors of every speck of dirt...the anxiety from not being able to log in, coupled with the fear that north Koreans were coming for us sent my OCD into overdrive. I try very hard not to be a neurotic house cleaner, but left without my beloved ATS I went on a real bender...it got ugly, but luckily I did not decide to break out the bleach and sanitize from top to bottom...next time though, I may not be so lucky!

You can come to my house next time

If that doesn't get your OCD all in an uproar, I don't know what will.

I have boys and they are awesome at messing up a clean house. It is their mission in life, I'm convinced.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I'll bring the econo box of paper towels and 6pack of Lysol, but I"m used to little kid messes, I have two of my own, so that would be no challenge for me...I'll bring my 2 kids, 2 cats and dog to shake around a bunch of pet hair that I can relentlessly sticky tape off your sofas...then we'll be rockin!

Personal thanks to you daryllyn, des, heff, Chris and many others because I was really about to go ham on every computer in my house in a moment of desperation at one point, my husband would have came home to the entire guts of every computer in our house scattered across the floor and me clutching a screwdriver for dear life

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija

I'll bring the econo box of paper towels and 6pack of Lysol, but I"m used to little kid messes, I have two of my own, so that would be no challenge for me...I'll bring my 2 kids, 2 cats and dog to shake around a bunch of pet hair that I can relentlessly sticky tape off your sofas...then we'll be rockin!

Personal thanks to you daryllyn, des, heff, Chris and many others because I was really about to go ham on every computer in my house in a moment of desperation at one point, my husband would have came home to the entire guts of every computer in our house scattered across the floor and me clutching a screwdriver for dear life

Well, I am glad we were able to stop you from dismantling the computers.

If there were 4 kids, 4 cats, and 2 dogs all in this house... there would be hours of cleaning. It would probably never stop. And, you wouldn't need the tape. I have a sweeper designed for pet hair, there are many attachments, some of which I have no clue what they even do, AND it has a Febreeze filter.

I would share it with you as long as you promise to wind the cord back up when you were done.

I'll even make coffee and bake some bread. Unless you are one of those no carb people... then I will make you a salad instead.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

And, you wouldn't need the tape. I have a sweeper designed for pet hair, there are many attachments, some of which I have no clue what they even do, AND it has a Febreeze filter.

I love you!

Seriously though, I do want to know why anyone would do something like this? I mean, I know there are a lot of disgruntled ex ats members with axes to grind, but I've never understood why they would take their vitriol to such a level...this is a "entertainment" conspiracy site and most of us are just here to learn, laugh and share thoughts. I've read some pretty mean comments on ATS but usually stuff seems to get handled pretty well by most posters and if not I think the mods try their hardest to be reasonable in dealing with upset members, so who the heck felt like they had to take it to such an extreme??

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Hey now... the Interwebz are serious business.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
After the fifth hour i was debating on whether i should pull the truck in the garage and start wrapping the house in foil. That would go down well with my neighbors.

"Hey man what's up, is your house drafty? No. No it's not. I don't know what's going on. I can't get on ATS and it's been six hours. Nevermind. Shut up, GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME WITH THIS NOW!"

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It is my understanding (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that this was a large scale attack. I wouldn't think that a few users would have been able to pull off such a strong and lengthy attack.

I have no idea who or, more importantly, why anyone would want to do such a thing. Don't they have something better to do all day???

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
After the fifth hour i was debating on whether i should pull the truck in the garage and start wrapping the house in foil. That would go down well with my neighbors.

"Hey man what's up, is your house drafty? No. No it's not. I don't know what's going on. I can't get on ATS and it's been six hours. Nevermind. Shut up, GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME WITH THIS NOW!"

You guys are all making me giggle so much that Mr. Daryllyn thinks I have lost my mind. He wants to know what is funny every so many minutes and I can't even begin to explain it to him.

But, yeah.. you guys are all cracking me up

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

I woke up this afternoon (as I had been awake frantically working through the night) to the prospect of having to peel my way out of my tinfoil insulated room. So. Many. Layers
I didn't think it through before, but my security blanket of ATS was missing and I was skurred!!

edit on 4/4/2013 by joeyv23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Gawrsh, this is like Ats-cateer role call...

Who's the leader of the site we all rely upon... S-K-E-P-T-I...

Ahh, never-mind

I was thinking though, most of us are survivalists, and it was so cool to watch human nature play out the way it did. We gravitated toward one another, stabilized, comforted and carried on

I'm sorry I'm keeping up with the Anon-thing... but there are a few reasons:

1) a few daughters and many potential stalkers
2) people I know in real life just wouldn't get it (bloody muggles!)
3) Know the artist by her work

4) As Invariance, I can be me without expectation or judgement... You base your opinion on what I have to say, not who I'm related to, what I have or "how it looks"

Thank you for letting me just be myself.

In other news, I have started an ATS BOB

Here's what I have so far...

1. Puffs tissue with moisturizer
  2. A spare container of Heff's mascara
  3. A map to rendezvous points
  4. A spare Avatar (you never know if I'll have to make a twitter account or something
  5. dental floss
  6. A flash light to light your way
  7. a deck of cards
  8. Des's spare tinfoil hat
  9. a roll of tinfoil to mare more hats
  10. a Geiger counter
  11. Chocolate- lots and lots of chocolate
  12. a proxy
  13. a radio
  14. flint and steel
  15. coffee

I know I'm forgetting something here...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

Brilliant!!!

I think you should market these kits...sell them to less prepared ATS-kateers.....:

I've got dibs as Director of Sales Southern Territory....

At my own expense, I'll include a collapsible cup...embossed with my sales contact info, of course....

Des

edit on 4-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

My hubby keeps looking at me as well when I begin to laugh out loud. I try to explain..but I am getting a blank stare...yup..blank stare....

peace and love
~nat cat~

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Sounds good to me...

but I need to finish the list first, I think it needs a few more things

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
No bacon in your kits????

Amateurs.

new topics