It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Responsible For ATS's Recent Downtime?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by daryllyn

No I do not do facebook

Did any one else get a little paranoid? I kept thinking "they" have taken all the alternative sites down due to what is happening in NK.

Now I will just blame Heff
did you press the big red button Heff?

edit on 4-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

My paranoia ran in a different direction. My first thoughts were am I banned?????

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I can get it just fine on my phone, but not here on my work computer...(OC, Ca)...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

I kinda had a feeling it was me

And, thank you. I am not offended at all. Offending me is no easy task. I am about as laid back and as tolerant as they come.

Unlike a lot of others here, I am not worried about facebook. That's how I keep up with everything and stay in contact with family, old coworkers, and old friends (and now a lot of new ones : D ).

I know the majority of ATSers are against all things facebook, but, like I said before, to each their own.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If you find out they (the scum attackers) were near me send me their address and I will get all the Northern england members to go round and duff em up

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Hands Boymonkey stack of baseball bats...these are still legal in your Country, I think....

des

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

We do not need weapons up t'north

Interestingly enough you see many Northerners move down south but you never see southerners move t'up north...they are so scared of us..It is the way we swear..up t'north we swear and it sounds scary the soft southern pansies swear like children
Jk of course.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

Originally posted by SheldonCooper

Yeah that was very funny and interesting too.
Nice to know some of u guys now.
And good to be back................

I know some think it was very un-ATS of us all, but, putting faces with the names was really great, and a nice change of pace. It was interesting seeing everyone sort of 'out of their element'. I feel like it was some sort of weird ATS reunion.

I just love that we all converged and managed to share information and news items while things were awry here.

Totally made my day. And, yes, very good to be back!

I second all of that.
I was pleasantly surprised at how "normal" some people here actually are. Spend enough time on this site and you get certain impressions of people. Destiny...........you freak.

Now that that my face is attached to my name to some of you, I guess it's time I cleaned up my act and combed my hair???

Seriously though, the attack was too large and scattered to come from some kid in his basement. I still think GLP had something to do with this. Like a sibling rivalry type of thing. The ant-American rants and NK were just coincidences.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Lets give anonymous those IP addresses and get a little retribution for squelching our freedom of speech!

That'll teach them mangy, dirty little rats!

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So, is there any word on who was responsible yet? Will we ever get to know who if they are found out?

Suspects from yesterday's adventure:

-North Korea
-Bernard
-Someone spilled their coffee on a server
-Bernard
-North Korea
-North Korea
-GLP

(you can see that even without ATS, the NK talk was alive and kicking)

edit on 4-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Even If they do know I do not think they will tell us...
Isn't it illegal to attack websites? If so I think they will just tell the coppers.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Even If they do know I do not think they will tell us...
Isn't it illegal to attack websites? If so I think they will just tell the coppers.

Yeah, you are probably right.

But, that isn't going to stop my curiosity as to who was behind it all. *sigh*

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It will be a 15 year old who got banned and decided that none of us can have nice things.
Or Bernard.
edit on 4-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I think this subject was addressed in RATS forum by SO last night....

I was able to read but not post through a Canadian Proxy for a bit....

Des

edit on 4-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
So, is there any word on who was responsible yet? Will we ever get to know who if they are found out?

Suspects from yesterday's adventure:

-North Korea
-Bernard
-Someone spilled their coffee on a server
-Bernard
-North Korea
-North Korea
-GLP

(you can see that even without ATS, the NK talk was alive and kicking)

I think I'll go with the coffee theory. It's the least dangerous.

edit on 4-4-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
MY GUESS .. and it's only a guess ....

Yesterday, just before all the hacking happened, there were about a half dozen posters (or one poster using multiple accounts), who all signed up that day at ATS. They were posting SEVERE anti-America and anti-anyone-American hate. They got banned. Then, within the hour, the hack attack started.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were them. I won't name them. But members here can go look at the member logs and see who joined and were banned on that day.

That's my GUESS. (and it's only a guess .. as good as any other).

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

My paranoia ran in a different direction. My first thoughts were am I banned?????

You have no idea............. I'm sure you, me and a fistful of others thought the same thing.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was a little sad when I saw on the isitdownrightnow site that all you guys were commenting and starting a fb group. I don't have an fb page and only have two emails from friends on here. Oh well. Glad it's back up.
I did see some people's real names which was interesting

Peace and love
-nat cat-

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I know who did it....Toast, cause that is what they will be when they are caught.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There were ATS users putting up "temporary forums" and people banding together on Facebook and even Reddit. People were tweeting news and updates as they became available. It was fairly impressive to witness.

If we learned anything, it's along the lines of this quote by Mr. Universe from "Serenity":

You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

One way or another ATS users worldwide were finding new ways to share information and news.

They can't stop the signal.
edit on 4-4-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

The way everyone found each other and continued to share information in the spirit that can only come from ATS, was amazing and completely unexpected.

It just goes to show how unique this community really is and I feel lucky to be a part of it.

I even had a real life facebook friend join in with the group there, and I am betting that he will become a member now.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join