It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department Of Homeland Security is NOT Stockpiling Ammo

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The reason I consider the Ammo stockpiling not a conspiracy is that it is the president's job to protect us. Who cares if they order bullets-good they can protect us unlike what Bush did. I feel more comfortable that our gov has some bullets lying around-great. To think they are going to use them on us is crazy-unless we all revolted and wished for blood then it would shed. We want peace is all, but the world clearly doesn't like us right now so whatever.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by URSOCLUELESS
reply to post by flyswatter

mY BAD I always did control and common mixed up. But yes the CAC does give you access to the SIPRNet (Secret [formerly Secure] Internet Protocol Router Network) Side of the house. If you didn't know you didn't need to know,,,,ask your boss. And thats what I'm saying without access to the correct info all this is speculation.

*facepalm

What the hell are you talking about? I know exactly what both SIPRNet and NIPRNet are, from 8 hours a day, 5 days a week personal experience and the necessary clearance to have active accounts on both. As a network admin for the Navy, I do administrative work on both, and I will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Sir, you have absolutely NO clue what you are talking about. A healthy amount of speculation is always fun, but what you are doing is almost like trying to sell fake ice to an Eskimo.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Yep.. I used to work on a Navy base as well but as a DoD contractor but I had a very low clearance and not only could I not access those networks when logged in with my CAC, I couldnt even see them.
Even if i couldve seen them and tried to access them, I wouldve had base security at my desk within minutes.

I think theres a word for it... lets see.. Yea, its called compartmentalization

edit on 25-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Remember, the motto here on ATS is "Deny Ignorance".

Yet, your thread is full of ignorance. Just as another person has already said that was the month for february (if that is even a legit source) and the ammo was purchased over a period of 11 months.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

you keep saying "over five years" "over five years" as if that makes it any better. that rate of buying is enough to supply four iraq/afghan wars at the same time. except the bulk of what they're buying has no military purpose

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
OP thanks for the post. Anyone who has any familiarity with output and requirement contracts or the government bidding process would understand that what is going on regarding ammunition purchases is totally logical and not alarming. The only shady thing going on is that some contractor is getting a sweet deal to supply a government agency with all its ammo.

For instance, why would the government set a ceiling at millions of round of ammunition when they only intended to purchase one hundred thousand? reason 1) based on unverified sources, hearsay, and total speculation DHS is preparing for a secret war against the american populace. OR reason 2) the government bidding process is absolutely stupid and the government awards contracts based on certain, sometimes non nonsensical criteria. Lets say that two manufacturers are able to provide the same product at the same price but only one can win the contract. The way to score extra points with the government is by demonstrating a capability to meet artificial non realistic thresholds, therefore the company who is willing to take the greater contractual risk of being able to achieve a higher ceiling is better than the manufacturer who cant. The government never intends to purchase at the ceiling but it needs a legal reason in choosing one manufacturer over the other. This stuff is done by lawyers to prevent arbitration and litigation.

The only thing to be scared of is a relatively inefficient, always corrupt, and overly costly government bidding process.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
how is Rand paul a nut job? enlighten me please?

I guess they consider anyone who asks intelligent questions, believes in out Constitution, and actually understands the subject matter a "nut job".

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GetLogic

Your account was made to argue here, why create an account at all then mate

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wonder who S&F this thread........

Have you done your research before you decided to author this thread? Is the pay well?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Oh wake up people it matters not democrat or republican they want to get ready to take people down because the cabal is loosing day by day. What do you think all the chem sprays are for. It helps activate scalar weapons. Please wake up guys.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
" To quote T he Bard:" Me thinks thou doth protest too much" DHS is stockpiling ammo and Napolitano refuses to disclose why. They're buying armored urban assault vehicles by the thousands. The feds seem awfully paranoid which makes some people nervous, understandably.
The gun buying and ammo purchasing will continue and we'll keep our guns, thank you. Whats good for the feds is good for the citizenry.

edit on 25-3-2013 by Dutchowl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If its true or not idc, and truly i'm not surprised at all if they are stockpiling bullets. People who still believe the government protects them are foolish and no their eyes aren't closed, they're welded shut.
Sorta like you OP.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the clarification on what they can buy. Now, tell me why would they need all of these and why are they on the move and to where?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It seems like the government headed by democrats is going on *full offense* the last 4 months or so. First they attempt to ban 75% of all weapons as proposed by feinstein(that incidentally failed) and simultaneously they are hoarding ammunition by the truckloads.

Are they expecting north korea or iran to attack with their make-believe wmd OR are they expecting pissed off americans(mostly conservatives) to get angry enough to take down the government? I mean they know the vast majority of left are the kool-aid obamanoids so I doubt they fear them much, but the tea party type have been known to stockpile for decades.

I myself am center-left and not much into guns, although I do own two shotguns and like to hunt game and practice from time to time. I like the green, constitution and libertarian parties which combined got 1.7% of the vote six months ago.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
All this comes down to is: "Do you trust the government"? Lets see, I'm a combat veteran, I've been in Natural Healing for over 30 years, I'm a small business owner, I'm an adult white male, Do "I" trust the government??? Hell no! For you ***hole liberals out there that do, you'll be the first to go.
No one wins when freedom fails,
The best men rot in filthy jails,
While those who cried "Appease, appease",
Are hanged by those they sought to please.
Combat eliminates liberalism. Owning your own business eliminates liberalism. Unless of course that business is dependent on government contracts. Attempting to get the truth on any subject to the public eliminates liberalism.
Besides, forget about the ammo purchases, if you can't see there's something seriously wrong with DHS you are deliberately blind and part of the problem. Doc

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Healthlaws

So you are saying all liberals are the same, all conservatives are the same, all progressives are the same, all communists are the same, all fascists are the same???

The answer is NO! Yes people share some common principles among the group id, but there can be vast differences/disagreements among the group. And corruption itself should never be tolerated by anyone!

I personally stopped being a mainstream liberal when I found out that liberals were protecting the 9-11 myth and continuining the wars and continuing the corporate bailouts. In fact I am more progressive now than liberal and even if I was a liberal there would be no way in hell I would vote democrat. At best I would vote libertarian which is a mixture of liberalism and conservatism.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tide88

The 1.6 billion number includes an order for 450 million rounds of HP from contractor ATK. However, that order for 450 million HP's was over a five year period

So the number to be purchased isn't bogus, it's just not immediate and is over a period of time. Why are they ordering over a 5 year period? Maybe they are not stockpiling for next year. I have heard that the collapse is still a few years down the road. They are still getting ready, and well hey they didn't get our guns yet.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

It seems like the government headed by democrats is going on *full offense* the last 4 months or so. First they attempt to ban 75% of all weapons as proposed by feinstein(that incidentally failed) and simultaneously they are hoarding ammunition by the truckloads.

This is because they believe in the totalitarian Statist model of control with presumably themselves in control and with all the goodies. We are just useless eaters to them. I think that many Republicans are becoming more and more like the Democrats in some ways. It's business as usual and the people suffer.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
First post here, but been lingering for a while. Ammo shortage has really cut down on my recreational shooting, to the point where I'm stuck shooting a pellet rifle. I have talked to my local gun shops, and sporting goods stores. The employees of these places are buying more ammo than anyone. I can get to my local cabelas the day the ammo shipment is in, and find this out. More scared people than government stockpiling going on here.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Here is another recent order for 360,000 more rounds.

marketplace.fedbid.com...

I'm sure its all just for target practice in case droves of Al-queda ride across the ocean on magical aqua-man camels to kill us all.

Nah, on second thought, probably for the impending economic collapse and resulting social instability that only the most brainwashed of people do not see coming.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join