It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department Of Homeland Security is NOT Stockpiling Ammo

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
OP is a shill. This ammo purchase is all over every news source, maistream and otherwise. Congress is getting deeply involved though currently they are being stonewalled, which is a normal tactic for buying time. Time for what? I don't know, but I am done with this OP's thread.
DENY IGNORANCE....and don't be mislead.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by govspy911
reply to post by flyswatter

5.5 Billion rounds refers to ALL small arms ammunition, from .22 cal all the way up to 50 cal. this all falls under small arms. The ammo that is hard to get, or impossible, is the .223/5.56, 308/7.62, and 40 cal pistol. Not the non-nato related rounds. The hard to get ammunition is only the ammo that has been ordered by government agencies, so your argument about 5.5 billion rounds holds no water.

What about this guy?
www.survivalistboards.com...

Or maybe the people here?
www.firearmstalk.com...

How about these people?
forum.opencarry.org...

Or these?
smith-wessonforum.com...

Note that those are four different sites, with people complaining of the lack of availability of four different calibers, none of which are on your list of "NATO-related" calibers. You can go discuss your idea of the "non-NATO" related rounds being readily available, with none of it being hard to get.

Next I figure that I'll probably see it narrowed down to a single caliber or something, or maybe only the JHP rounds are hard to get.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

OP is a shill. This ammo purchase is all over every news source, maistream and otherwise. Congress is getting deeply involved though currently they are being stonewalled, which is a normal tactic for buying time. Time for what? I don't know, but I am done with this OP's thread.

And you should note that baseless accusations of being a shill are not tolerated very well. Please consult your friendly neighborhood mod for more information about how they deal with that.

Now, show us that things are any different than the published contracts state. Show us that they have taken delivery of "1.6 billion rounds" since these orders were made.

I'll grab some popcorn and wait.
edit on 27-3-2013 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

DHS Unfortunatly doesn't have to order anything. They can simple us DRMO Defense Reutilization Management Office. Its very simple. You send your supply office to a primary DRMO depot,or look the item up on their web site, pick out what you want and drive away. When you get home you put it on your supply list. DRMO is also where "army surplus" stores get there items. IF equipment isnt "transfered" to another government entity it will be auctioned off. Some items are restricted from auction like Night Vision equipment, but most stuff goes out the door, including vehicles. Thats the reason you see civilians driving duece and a half trucks.
There virtually no paper trail in a DRMO transfer .
Heres the link

www.dispositionservices.dla.mil...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The Federal Government uses a Cash Accounting System (not Accrual)....so the "purchases" do not have to be paid for until the goods are received. Ergo, they can book the orders without them being pre-approved in the budget. What Congress needs to do therefore is ensure that these excessive and unnecessary (especially in these economic times unless they are planning a domestic coup) purchases are Defunded in the ongoing budget process so that they can not "consummate" their orders. In the meantime tho they are tying up supplies and effectively manipulating prices. IF a company attempted this they would be hit with one of the biggest class action antitrust suits in history.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by URSOCLUELESS

DHS Unfortunatly doesn't have to order anything. They can simple us DRMO Defense Reutilization Management Office. Its very simple. You send your supply office to a primary DRMO depot,or look the item up on their web site, pick out what you want and drive away. When you get home you put it on your supply list. DRMO is also where "army surplus" stores get there items. IF equipment isnt "transfered" to another government entity it will be auctioned off. Some items are restricted from auction like Night Vision equipment, but most stuff goes out the door, including vehicles. Thats the reason you see civilians driving duece and a half trucks.
There virtually no paper trail in a DRMO transfer .
Heres the link

www.dispositionservices.dla.mil...

Hehe, your description is a vast oversimplification of the whole process, but I get what you're trying to say. If the proper chain is followed, there is paperwork for every single item that goes to the DLADS. A DD 1348 *SHOULD* be completed for each item that they get at the time of turn-in.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by govspy911

The government (DHS) started stockpiling ammunition a year ago (March 2012) but the supply situation (and concomitant price explosion) did not get terribly out of hand until the consumer demand skyrocketed as a result of the confluence of the following: 1) BHO reelection, 2) Sandy Hook massacre and 3) new anti-gun legislation.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Duplicate Post
??
edit on 28-3-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Check the sources. As stated many times, they are just orders, not purchases. Many of those orders never even get filled, many others are modified. Some orders are for 5 years. Shill? Hardly.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

The government (DHS) started stockpiling ammunition a year ago (March 2012) but the supply situation (and concomitant price explosion) did not get terribly out of hand until the consumer demand skyrocketed as a result of the confluence of the following: 1) BHO reelection, 2) Sandy Hook massacre and 3) new anti-gun legislation.

Actually, that is not true. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF STOCKPILING. The largest orders are 5 year contracts.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Regardless of the MRAP count the ammo is still in question. The ATK contract is for 450 million rounds. DHS solicitation number HSFLGL-12-B-00003 dated 7/19/2012 is set for 350 million rounds.

Could these be the same contract? I highly doubt it. I did not see any amendments to change the quantities listed with that solicitation number and I seriously doubt the DHS would waste its time buying the minimum of a 1000 rounds a year especially since it believes in using expensive hallow points for "training".

Source

edit on 27-3-2013 by the4thhorseman because: Spelling

Well, as stated in the OP, the 21.6 million bullet purchase was modified from that number to 140,000 and was awarded. Neither of the larger contracts have been awarded yet, so we really dont know if they will be modified or even filled.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by brapdgaf
This entire post reeks of disinformation. If people are too blind to see the firestorm coming, then let them burn.

Disinformation. The actual stories from INFO WARS and the other sites claiming that DHS is stockpiling ammo and has 2 billion bullets is disinformation. I used the same links they have, I just didn't cherry pick what information those links provided.

By your post, you obviously don't want to know the truth and you also didn't bother looking at the links yourself.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Let me get this right . . .

1. Somehow massive bullet purchase over several years makes it all nice and warm and fuzzy?

2. Accomplished purchases in smaller chunks makes it all harmless and sweet?

3. Someone is actually hereon trying to DEFEND traitorous unconstitutional DHS?

4. Hmmmmmmmmmmm . . . I hope it's not a DHS computer AI program pretending to be a human poster.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Let me get this right . . .

1. Somehow massive bullet purchase over several years makes it all nice and warm and fuzzy?

2. Accomplished purchases in smaller chunks makes it all harmless and sweet?

3. Someone is actually hereon trying to DEFEND traitorous unconstitutional DHS?

4. Hmmmmmmmmmmm . . . I hope it's not a DHS computer AI program pretending to be a human poster.

Malfunction

Malfunction

Danger, Roy Orbison. Danger.

This computer will self-destruct in 666 seconds.

*poof*

Go ahead and put your tinfoil hat on, hop in your F-cage, point the shotgun at the door, and wait for them to come. I'm gonna live my life.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I enjoyed this post and found it an educating experience on how lazy the media has gotten on covering things with proper investigation. The OP has done a very good job of debating his position given the information available via public sources. While we would all like to see government invoices of actual round acquisitions, and internal movement of supplies internally between governmental agencies we should understand these are not going to realistically going to appear at our request unless their is a whistle blower among us.

Not just this post but several others show a growing problem on ATS in that threads are made much longer by OPs not updating their posts to cover updated information or answers to repeated questions. This causes issues like the 2,700 MRAPs to come up multiple times and the OP to have to answer the question repeatedly at great frustration. The reality is most people are not going to read all 17+ pages of responses before throwing in their 2 cents in.

This current administration could do several things to ramp down the government distrust but seems unwilling to do so and that is the true cause for alarm. We are told that we will receive transparency but this current administration seems content on finding a way to profit from the fear. All these questions cropping up about ammo and supply purchases could have easily been answered by a government official on Whitehouse.gov and alleviated the masses if they were truly transparent. Instead we have to have congressman get enough complaints about the issue to decide to ask questions and then get stonewalled. I suspect bullet manufacturers and gun manufacturers are making a killing (literally) off this administration policies and possibly on manufactured events.

Again no transparency so we now are left to question even Sandy Hook as no information is being given and the information that is extremely contradicts each other depending on sources. The media is failing the people. There will never be another Woodward and Bernstein or Deepthroat the way things are going and that is just how TPTB want it.

Is the DHS stockpiling bullets you bet they are. Is the number as profane Alex Jones and Forbes suggest probably not yet, but the amount is earmarked if contractor could fulfill it a low price. With the unrest around the world and the people getting fed up with the "too big to fail" banking cabals you can be sure there are martial law plans being drawn up to handle uprising. TPTB have big events on the horizon and they are not sure how the public is going to react especially if they can't get the economy under control. So we as citizens should certainly stay vigilant to he actions of our government as the police state ramps up, but this ammo purchase news is not the nail in the coffin yet until the orders are fulfilled to extremes.

Before you call me a SHILL please note that I post on my beliefs in past lives, aliens, holographic earth, hollow earth, dimensions, pineal gland acivation, and demons and spirits. i shouldn't have to say this just because I believe in an OPs successful debate.

Love and Light.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join