It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Masonry's Entitlement Position

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A typical stance of someone who is anti-Masonry is to complain that no one should be keeping secrets and that all people (read: them) are entitled to know what transpires 'behind closed doors' as a way to vilify Masonry. They will additionally demand to be privy to the ritual and 'secrets' of Masonry even though these have been available in various exposes and forms of media for close to three hundred years.

A few usual tacts are as follows:

To posit that only agendas negative to society (again, read: them) are being plotted where they cannot see them

That God does not want you to keep 'oaths' and therefore Masonic ritual is against 'God's will'

Misquote the John F. Kennedy President and the Press Speech as evidence that secret societies are detrimental to the world (once again, read: them)

The rituals must obviously be Satanic/demonic, otherwise they would be public

Is plotting against their particular religion (Catholicism, Islam, etc.) and this must be so as evidenced by their particular religion's disdain or outright banning of their members participating in Masonry

That Masons are repressing certain knowledge, wisdom, technology, science, etc from humanity (once more, read: them)

Why is anyone entitled to know everything about anything (or anything about anything for that matter)? Why in a free society should anyone one person or group feel obligated to reveal anything about themselves or a group that they happen to be a member of to an person who feels that they are somehow entitled to know as much as they desire without themselves being a member?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I wish I could star and flag you more than once.

Many a true statement there.

S&F

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Why is anyone entitled to know everything about anything (or anything about anything for that matter)? Why in a free society should anyone one person or group feel obligated to reveal anything about themselves or a group that they happen to be a member of to an person who feels that they are somehow entitled to know as much as they desire without themselves being a member?

And, why the concern at all any longer, considering all of the 'secrets' are published all over the web? I don't understand where the contention lies.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
And, why the concern at all any longer, considering all of the 'secrets' are published all over the web? I don't understand where the contention lies.

That is exactly my contention. They are and have been available so why the issue?

Other aspects are the misrepresentation tactics and the religious standpoint tactics. I find these to be particularly despicable.

edit on 14-2-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because he took a secret oath to drink tea forever

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Another aspect is the misrepresentation tactics and the religious standpoint tactics. I find these to be particularly despicable.

Sure, me too, all things considered, I think that all they are really offering is an invitation to play a game of "Flush-out-the-evil-masons"; kind of like 'cowboys and indians' or 'post-office'.

Too funny.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
Sure, me too, all things considered, I think that all they are really offering is an invitation to play a game of "Flush-out-the-evil-masons"; kind of like 'cowboys and indians' or 'post-office'.

The sad part about those particular types is they claim to have such a good understanding of their religion and then typcially cite certain portions or passages of scripture that they think supports their position only to usually be quoting them completely out of context, which occurs both unknowingly and worse, knowingly.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I find it funny that they are more concerned with what the Masons are doing on a Tuesday night in the suburbs (picking a charity for the next Sunday pancake breakfast) instead of what the Vatican is hiding in the vault of archives and locations of pedophile clergy members.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
I find it funny that they are more concerned with what the Masons are doing on a Tuesday night in the suburbs (picking a charity for the next Sunday pancake breakfast) instead of what the Vatican is hiding in the vault of archives and locations of pedophile clergy members.

An interesting point and one that is obviously overlooked by adherents to that particular religion when they feel it is necessary to call Masonry into question based on their flawed perspective.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I think it's painfully obvious when we as masons make a statement like"what would you like to know?" which is followed by the sound of crickets.

"They" have sandy vaginas and would like to complain much more than they would like to "know". (IMHO)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Anti-Masonry... Is Derived From An Ealrier Stand Point To Which All The Newbies Cling To.
Some Unlucky B@stard, a long time ago, was black balled and not invited to the harem and since then he's been naggy. He discovered the true masonic plot that all the beautiful women are invited to do it and they oblige and participate. PSE all the way. Or should i say p2elite.

The True Seven Dwarves:
Grumpy...
Grouchy...
Cranky...
Naggy...
Angry...
forgot the other two....
BTW: Snowwhite Is aka B!tchy...

Hence the little people not welcome to the harem above.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

So just what is in that Vault of Archives?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I don't know.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

I am with you there. I would give my brother's left arm to know what the vatican is hiding down there. It should be illegal to hold history hostage like that.

Masons get a bad rap, but if I were one, I'd take the attention as a compliment.

"Foaming mouths make for an easier glide." -As quoted from the man with the van with no windows.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Because without sharing knowledge, evolution is limited only to a few secretive Elite. And maybe that's what some Masons want: to look smarter than the "bovine" society. As a student of psychology, this implies they (some Masons) are sociopaths.

I had many mason friends, none of them which were sociopaths and enjoyed sharing. But I met many other masons who were very dark and selfish.
edit on 18-2-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Why would someone be anti-mason? The only ones who would have any knowledge about them enough to form such a stance would be those privy behind their closed doors, witness to the happenings there.

Otherwise, it's just the observation of masonic influence all around the world, throughout history - and the speculation thereof.
edit on 2/18/2013 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

what would you like to know?

/cue the crickets, they're on in 5/

edit on 18-2-2013 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus mixes lemonaid with his booze so it will taste better.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
Because without sharing knowledge, evolution is limited only to a few secretive Elite.

And what knowledge is not being shared? All aspects of Masonic ritual and teaching are freely available in numerous forms of media and for close to three hundred years.

What is it that you feel you need to know?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Keeping our Masonic secrets doesn't hinder the progression of society nor does signify some characteristic of being a sociopath. I find it disgusting that you would try to label as such in an attempt to demonize and possibly criminalize us. Rights to privacy is not a crime.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

It was stated that all masonic rites were public. And that any man could forward his agenda by considering and even acting on his behalf to uncover secrets of the craft. Furthermore... it was stated that every man was on his own path. Then it came down to whether or not one would act on these notions. My Point!?!
It led to an all out combat battle between one and opposer. This in itself would criminalize knights of the moral code of Masonry... but what about a cowan... hmm... It lead to the hospital to get stitched up and then to jail to be charged for breaking the law. And then I wondered what honor was. While in jail... I learned fighting for honor is costly and that its rewards are detrimental... as I watched "King Of Queens" in which a man treats his wife like crap and rides his own horse tooting himself all the way to heredom. ironic eh???
edit on 19-2-2013 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
OP brings up a very good point actually. If the we don`t want the other side keeping secrets then we have to be willing to be just as open; yet we are not.

It is an odd information war internationalist and nationalist play with each other. Which is better what is good for all of us for what is good for some of us?

I don`t have the complete answer but if someone is anti-mason then be true to it and really put a brick in the wall for your cause while you still have the time the will power to act.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join