It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lighting strikes Dome of St. Peter's same day Pope Benedict XVI announces resignation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I cant believe this really happened. I thought it was a joke. Looks like God is angry. I mean the first pope to resign in 600 years He should be mad.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Regardless - it's a pretty poignant coincidence.

If you believe in them.

I don't.

peace

I don't either. This entire pope business feels really scary. I have been aware of the prophesy but did not think it was a big deal. Something about this feels like prophesy fulfilling itself though.

Now this lightening strike normally would not freak me out, but I feel it....something big is coming.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Seriously, do you really think with the so called prophecy, that any pope in the future will ever be called peter?

You just wouldn't let anyone with an affiliation of the sort near the papacy.

Well thats exactly what we are going to find out. Big point here is what Thought Provoker said: one of the "peters" on the list is actually secretary of state for the vatican. As of march 1st, he WILL be one of the people in charge until the white smoke appears... And if something "bad" should happen, then no election will take place, and there he will remain, in power.

so, in short: yes I do feel like there is a huge chance we will see a "peter" rise to the next seat of the pope, because there IS a huge chance it will.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
Well thats exactly what we are going to find out. Big point here is what Thought Provoker said: one of the "peters" on the list is actually secretary of state for the vatican. As of march 1st, he WILL be one of the people in charge until the white smoke appears... And if something "bad" should happen, then no election will take place, and there he will remain, in power.

He is B XVI's Camerlengo. If Dan Brown is right, the papal authority rests in him during tempe sede vacante. Meaning at 8:01 pm on Feb 28, 2013, he is the Pope

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

yes it is 2013 and yes some groups of people are still dominated by Archaic religions... But the details of mystery do not negate the nature of it. My point: some say divine intervention, while others use synchronicity as a term to illustrate inexplicable events, whos odds are so towering, and the correlation simply uncanny. Either way, there DOES exist (even to this year 2013) natural mystery. The most advanced science tells us this is so...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Yeah, Pietro Evasio is practically Ratzingers bff. They go way back... So not only do we have peter turkson as a poster child for the prophecy, but a Peter is actually THE front runner for the position.

So why is it some of you are so sure it wont be? I really feel like some of you either cannot grasp the odds at play here, or are simply toooooooooo weary to face it square on.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
Surprized?

Expect the next pope to be... "far younger and more powerful".

Wow!! Change his robe and put the caption
"Power!" and you have a Star Wars CEO of the dark side .

And which is it posters? I thought Benedict was the last pope
according to prophecy.
edit on 12-2-2013 by sealing because: Question

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Pope's motto is "Cooperators of Truth." He has been called the Pope who has kept the standards the same so I suppose that you could say that it means that he has kept the peace. The olive branch is the symbol of peace. In that way, St. Malachy has gotten it right if he means Him.

However his coat of arms is not indicative of an olive branch. In fact his choice of a large shell in the lower portion of the shield and the vestment dangling on the bottom of the shield concerns me just a little. If pagan, these symbols could well mean "white shell woman," and the vestment could be a phallic symbol. The crowned Moors head is usual for the area he is from in Germany. But, you could almost see a crowned woman in that. This is remanescent of Revelations calling the seven hills (Rome) a woman. Hmmmm.

That being said I highly doubt that this is what Pope Benedict intended. I believe him to be a lamb and not a wolf like some people believe. If anything, he is guilty of naievety. But....Malachy could be right. We will soon know if the next Pope is a tyrannt...or not. A lot of secrets the vatican has.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There is a reason that the fastest growing religion is atheism. Because people are not as stupidly superstious as in days of old. They dont believe in benifactors in the sky or in evil demons either. Dumb stuff that.
There is a reason there is a lightning rod on the cathedral. Its the highest point in that area and lightning will seek out the hightest point hence the advice not to stand under a tree to get out of the rain during a thunder storm. The desperate will cling to odd beliefs and see signs everywhere. The intelligent will go on with their day not worrying about natural events like thunder storms.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

The end of organized religion that is.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by uthu74
The prophecy doesn't add up folks, count!

When Malachy write the proph, celestine II was the 167th pope, and he said 112 popes after that is the last pope?
Simple math:

167 + 112 = 279

279 right? Benedict is the 266th....

I'm seriouslly waiting for Christ to come! No hoaxes please!

edit on 12-2-2013 by uthu74 because: (no reason given)

According the the Catholic Encyclopedia online the 167th pope was Lucius II. In wikipedia (less reliable) it's some guy named Eugene III. Another problem is that many "Anti Popes" have existed, I counted 29 from the Catholic Encyclopedia. You look it up yourself google Catholic Encyclopedia and see to your satisfaction (no pun intended, lol). It seems we have to go by description therefore....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I put the illuminati right up there with the benifactor in the sky. Non existant.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I say that because when the pope is moved out of the way, the end comes.

Unless your church is raptured before the tribulation, you're in for a wild ride.

I'm not a member of the church so I'm going through it anyway. But the church is spared. I know the Vatican is evil and that the pope doesn't represent God, but the AntiChrist is not OF God either, he's the counterfeit. Everything the Devil does is a counterfeit of God. Catholicism is the counter to true Christianity. The pagan sect.

So their greatest leader is going to be our greatest enemy.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012
There are two peters in the list of candidates...

But remember, a young pope always follows an old one, and vice versa.

As stated in another thread, Turkson is the second youngest cardinal.

Not to mention the prophecy calls for the black pope to be the son of a turk...

His name is TURKSON for crying out loud.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: Damn this phone

where do you get this turk part from? the prophesy had no mention of turks.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You do know that Jesus wasnt considered a god of any kind during his lifetime dont you? That didnt happen until he was already dead for three hundred years or more. The council of Niceia (sp) edited out anything that made him look mortal and expounded on anything that made him sound like a supreme being. Carefull editing of letters and reports of the times. And a few thousnad years later here we are. The truth will hurt a lot of people but the truth needs to be told. You think the US govt is a conspirator? The Catholic church makes them look like kindergarten cops.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

You would believe this but laugh at Linda Goodman. Or any other modern time person who claimed to see the future. What all the miracles were only in days of old? No just people were more gullable back then and spread this stuff as the genuine article.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So, what's everyone suggesting here - that God creates lightening? I thought we got past that after the dark ages..

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Dan Brown writes fiction. Interesting yes but still fiction. Go look for a Robert Langdon that is a symboligist and you will only find him between the covers of Dans books. Hey Stephen King wrote end of the world stuff too. We better start looking for that walking dude too huh? Bring on Captain Trips then.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

The odds of ligntning striking the vatican is not towering. Its expected that is why they have a ligtning rod !

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

The take a different name when they take the postion. So chances are he wont remain Peter if he is elected.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join