It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lighting strikes Dome of St. Peter's same day Pope Benedict XVI announces resignation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
I think it is fairly commonplace hence why they have a lightning rod, though the date of this particular strike happens to be noteworthy.

I read a quote on another source:

Archbishop Comastri said part of the restoration project includes putting up a new lightning rod "since a lot of lightning bolts hit the basilica."

What more is there to say? The dome has a lightning rod on it, it attracts lightning bolts. I would have been gratefully impressed if a spontaneous fireworks display went off all over Italy for finally getting rid of this paedophile protector.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If a prophecy is outside the Bible, I'd take it as a grain of salt. It could be real, but it is most likely false. I guarantee you no one is going to take the name Peter the Roman which is associated with the pope that assists the anti Christ voluntarily or in voluntarily.

Instead, I advise looking toward Jewish holidays / feasts. I am doing a study on them now, very interesting indeed. It could possibly tell us the SEASON of Christs return. Possibly.
edit on 12-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
My question is does this happen often. The dome is probably the highest point for some ways around there. Is this something that happens when there are storms or is it rare enough for a non religious person like myself to take notice?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnyl22

Those rods act as lightening conductors don't they? So totally normal and nothing to worry about.

However, that is boring so i am choosing to believe that either:

a) they are building a monster and just needed to charge it up to "create life".

or

b) they are big fans of Back to the Future and the Ratz wants to go back in time to when he wasn't ill.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

No one is talking about a literal black pope.

More like a "dark horse" kind of pope. An anti-pope.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The dome is 132 meters high. It dominates the local skyline. There was an electrical storm. And the dome has a lightning rod on top. It would'e been a miracle if llightning DIDN'T strike it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Thats creepy

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I's starting, it's the end of the world, as seen it on the movie "War of the Worlds 2005" once the lightning strike the invasion will start

Now serious, first the dove attacked by a seagull, then the pope resigns, now the lightning striking the St. peter Dome! What a hell of coincidences.

It's the returning of the Christos, he will be reveled this year, not as a man, because he is not a man, he is the cornerstone rejected by man. He is far beyond human comprehension. The Church will fall once he be reveled.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
At what point is it more than 'mere coincidence' ?

Reminded me of this:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'd say it is a sign and I hope that the days of these twisted religions are coming to end. The vatican is a den of darkeness cloaked in gold.
edit on 12-2-2013 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
and so it's on like donkey kong.. 2013's version of the "end of the world". i was wondering, after the mayan doomsday thing fell through what the next end of the world scenario would be and this is it. i have to admit though this one hits me a little closer to the heart being raised Catholic but now a Christian but i have to remember.. No One can put a date on "the end" we can only watch for the signs and this is definitely one of them but it still doesn't have anything to do with a date.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Lightning strikes the Vatican...... It's no to be unexpected that lightning strikes the tallest structures in a storm. So you could read into that what you will. This Pope has faced his decision to abdicate the office of Pope very likely for some time now weighing the gravity of such an announcement. The decision made, all that was left was to pick the day. The 11th was a Monday if I'm correct, that is curious. Some would say that Monday is the Sabbath. Of course the Catholics believe that Sunday is the Sabbath. Just guessing, I'd think an optimum day of announcement would likely be a Sunday. Much thought was probably given on the day of the announcement, and many of the Vatican residents debating the correct timing.
So..... was Monday the secret Sabbath? Was it considered the Sabbath in antiquity, was there any storm activity on Sunday or the previous days. Could they have counted on Monday being Gloomy and Stormy.... maybe to signify a 'Storm in the Vatican's' hierarchy, as it could have been just about any day. Well as they always do, they will vote, and when concluded, let a puff of smoke out of the chimney.
Hope that doesn't hamper any of 0bama's agenda's the same day, taking his spotlight away because of these pesky pope issues.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Some people are SO sure that it's just a coincidence. I mean, how can you be so sure of anything that is out of your control? Do you REALLY know for sure? Probably not, so i don't think people can really say "it's just a coincidence" because it might not be too.

*High Five*

Exactly. It’s like the people who stick their head in a hole and think they can’t be seen. I mean - there is no way any of us can say if it was coincidence or something ‘more’ behind that strike. For me to throw stones at those who think not? And for them to throw stones at me? Pretty much just a bunch a idiots throwing stones, lol.

peace

edit on 12-2-2013 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So the 2012 end of the world prediction comes and goes without making so much as a mouse fart. I guess the next end of the world prophecy was bound to come sooner or later...

Edit to add: apparently the prophecy of St. Malachy was written 400+ years after he died and in that time the 60 Popes after the prediction was "allegedly" written are very accurate (for obvious reasons) then after that the predictions become so vague they could be tied to anyone.

Also, the Catholic church doesn't buy into these prophecies either...
edit on 12-2-2013 by Ketzer22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Let's look at it for a logical perspective.

How often does lighting strike the Dome? Most likely not that often

How often is lighting caught on Video?

How often does lighting strike the same day as a pope decides to resign and the Dome under which he lives?

Could it be just a coincidence? In a logical world is anything coincidence?

Here is a 360 view from the Dome itself I thought would interest ATS'ers.

www.360cities.net...,67.98,62.0

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

Really? Who made you Pope for a day? LOL - Or maybe you'll be nice and tell us how you came up with that 'fact'?

Or is it just a presumtion? *wink*

peace

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

If you're going to take this as a doomsday prediction maybe that's your own doing and nobody else's.

Those who believe the end is near are in their right to believe so. Personally, i doubt it. But i don't remember anyone setting a date for a "doomsday" because lighting struck St Peter's Basilica.....

This isn't a doomsday thread like a "2012" scenario. This is talking about the possible/supposed coincidence that has occurred. People saying "the end is near" are saying that because they are adding up the things that are happening in the world and tying them to certain prophecies.. It's not because "2012" didn't happen. People have been saying the end is near for years, completely unrelated to December 21st of last year.

It's not a "here we go again matter" it's a continual thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

No one is talking about a literal black pope.

More like a "dark horse" kind of pope. An anti-pope.

In the UK people are talking about a literal black man.
For me it matters noT anyone's colour. It is their conviction and person that counts.
A person is a person

Cheers
edit on 12/2/2013 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
So the 2012 end of the world prediction comes and goes without making so much as a mouse fart. I guess the next end of the world prophecy was bound to come sooner or later...

Edit to add: apparently the prophecy of St. Malachy was written 400+ years after he died and in that time the 60 Popes after the prediction was "allegedly" written are very accurate (for obvious reasons) then after that the predictions become so vague they could be tied to anyone.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Ketzer22 because: (no reason given)

I am not a 2012 believer.
But my reading is there was never going to be 21st December "BANG"
It was to start on that date.
prayingforoneday.wordpress.com...

Shaun

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I think it flew right over your head I wasn't being entirely serious.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join