Lighting strikes Dome of St. Peter's same day Pope Benedict XVI announces resignation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

What happens to gods children in India, China, Sudan, any place that doesent recognize the Catholic church as the one and true religion? Those who believe that their religion is the one and only? What happens to them? God turns his back ? What about the Mormons? Where do they fit in? They believe they will become gods themselves when they die.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

One man's experience trumps another man's opinion....
edit on 04/18/2012 by Destiny10 because: just wanted to say that this comment is out of order so it doesn't make sense. oh well

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Karen why do believing people need to know all the answers? When we've experienced something over and over again, it doesn't matter what a so called well informed scientist believes. Who is anyone to deny what some have experienced. Also, why get all uppity about it? If you don't believe in God, big deal?!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
There is a reason that the fastest growing religion is atheism. Because people are not as stupidly superstious as in days of old. They dont believe in benifactors in the sky or in evil demons either. Dumb stuff that.
There is a reason there is a lightning rod on the cathedral. Its the highest point in that area and lightning will seek out the hightest point hence the advice not to stand under a tree to get out of the rain during a thunder storm. The desperate will cling to odd beliefs and see signs everywhere. The intelligent will go on with their day not worrying about natural events like thunder storms.

Oh....thanks....I KNOW which one you are!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

I should clarify, youre right: "a" prophesy says the last pope will be the son of a turk...

However, I, along with seemingly everyone else posting this; cannot seem to place exactly which prophecy that is.

Good question, and I regret my current lack of a good answer. Help on the issue is welcome!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny10

Karen why do believing people need to know all the answers? When we've experienced something over and over again, it doesn't matter what a so called well informed scientist believes. Who is anyone to deny what some have experienced. Also, why get all uppity about it? If you don't believe in God, big deal?!

I'm sure anything you think you've experienced can be explained away with a bit of rational thought, which explains why there's absolutely no proof of any of the supernatural claims made by religion, including a God.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

about the lightening: please see my comment on page 5 I believe. Consider the odds...

Also consider that the lightening struck the dome of ST PETERS cathedral!!

As far as the name change goes: you counter your own point by making it! The original name is more valid because it cannot be altered to fit the prophecy or not!
edit on 12-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

I'm sure anything you think you've experienced can be explained away with a bit of rational thought, which explains why there's absolutely no proof of any of the supernatural claims made by religion, including a God.

True that, but time after time...no. I just don't buy it. I think (and true this is my opinion) that the majority believes whatever is told them and is currently cool. In other words, the emperor has new clothes. A comparision: in the 1960's orange and green went together well, and many felt that olive green makes a great refrigerator color.

It is just fashion to be atheist and that's all. Indoctrination, brain washing if you will. Besides who wants to get into the demands a faith brings or consider heaven and hell? No darn fun! A lot to know about the universe though, and you don't know my life. It is weird!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

about the lightening: please see my comment on page 5 I believe. Consider the odds...

Also consider that the lightening struck the dome of ST PETERS cathedral!!

As far as the name change goes: you counter your own point by making it! The original name is more valid because it cannot be altered to fit the prophecy or not!

I gotta stop commenting but I am enjoying this too much.
Exactly, what are the odds? Like many used to say that an earthquake caused the red sea to rise and fall at just the right time. Lol. It's timing that we are talking about here.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
so he's giving up the papacy for lent?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Its been staged to get us all talking

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Imagine that. Did a giant yellow smiley face manifest and hover above the dome right after the strike? "HAVE A NICE DAY!!"
edit on 12-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny10

I dont know the odds, but I would imagine they are through the proverbial roof. And at either extreme of belief or skepticism, sometimes you gotta admit there might be somethng there. By the way... Timing is is everything! Its an integral aspect of odds.

Anyhow... what "it" really is, thats what we are trying to nail down through research and peer review. Its a forum called ATS, remember?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A darkly amusing occurrence, I must say. The appearance of a God being angry that the supreme leader of his church is resigning from his post.

Our minds are so adept at creating patterns in the things we see, hence the wrestling of vague prophecies with ambiguous interpretations.

How magnificent one insignificant civilization on a planet in the boondocks of the galaxy must be, that forces of nature would show off just for us!

edit on 12-2-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It is just fashion to be atheist and that's all. Indoctrination, brain washing if you will. Besides who wants to get into the demands a faith brings or consider heaven and hell? No darn fun! A lot to know about the universe though, and you don't know my life. It is weird!

Wait - how's that? I'll assume you're joking about the indoctrination and brain washing, because if anything that is the essence of religion. Who tells *you* what to believe?

I certainly want no part of what faith brings - I'd rather adhere to the demands of science.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Since the Pope, and the religion-cult of Christianity at large has nothing to do with spirituality and hence no actual connection to anything we could possibly consider "God", this is either a coincidence, or the Vatican, being the wealthiest 'nation' on the planet, probably just paid for some dramatic weather to mark the event, via technological manipulation. (If I had access to both immeasurable wealth and state-of-the-art everything, I'd probably do that myself - putting yourself in their shoes can help understand much otherwise inexplicable behavior from people with immense power)
edit on 12-2-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
Since the Pope, and the religion-cult of Christianity at large has nothing to do with spirituality and hence no actual connection to anything we could possibly consider "God", this is either a coincidence, or the Vatican, being the wealthiest 'nation' on the planet, probably just paid for some dramatic weather to mark the event, via technological manipulation. (If I had access to both immeasurable wealth and state-of-the-art everything, I'd probably do that myself - putting yourself in their shoes can help understand much otherwise inexplicable behavior from people with immense power)
edit on 12-2-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

If three is indeed any sort of god in any capacity, then it is surely related to and comprised of all things, regardless of participation or exploitation, IMO.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
reply to post by Aqualung2012

Cardinal Bertone is the most politically-powerful Cardinal. He's the Vatican's Secretary of State. He's been around for more than 20 years, working from the inside. He and Ratzinger go way back. He's not from Rome, so he's not literally "Roman," but he was born in a place called "Romano Canavese," up near Turin, so he could still be called Peter the Roman I suppose. He was also the main target of the "Vatileaks" scandal, exposing Vatican corruption in their financial dealings; Bertone suppressed the whistleblower, the now-infamous butler of Benedict who says he was trying to protect the Pope. Bertone even hired Fox News to do "damage control" and tried to blackmail journalists to shut them up. He's as evil as they come.

Whether he ends up the next Pope or not, he damn sure wants to be. And he has the influence to pull it off. Turkson is a nobody compared to him.

Oh, PS: have you been watching all the MSM speculation about Who Will Become Pope? Even though Bertone is on the official list, I have yet to hear them mention him as a possibility. They're trying to keep him out of the public eye, for Some Reason. That makes his "election" even more likely to me.
edit on 2/12/2013 by Thought Provoker because: PS

Not sure if this has been mentioned as yet.....still reading but had to respond to this one...

Bertone and Ratzinger both heavily involved in the 'suppression' of the final 'Secret of Fatima'....perhaps the lightening bolt was at Mary's behest.?

As to the name 'Peter the Roman', doesn't the new Pope get to 'pick' a name....after all this one does not go by
Ratzinger , uses Benedict.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Excellent thoughts there! Suppose even that the third secret is related to a lightening bolt, or this current event in general...

And I read somewhere that the name Peter may not be chosen, not entirely sure why, or it thats even correct... Anybody know? But I think the birth name of peter would be more impressive even IF the name could be changed to peter...

But why would peter chamge his name to peter? O.o

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
Go look at the Prophecy of the Popes then tell me you don't wanna crap yourself.

If the next Pope is from Italy then you can crap yourself. Or if he's named Peter.

So I decided to just google the first list of potential Popes. I found this:

www.guardian.co.uk...

First on the list:

Cardinal Peter Turkson

Of course he's from Ghana, so that doesn't quite work.

Last on their list was Cardinal Angelo Scola who is an Italian.

I don't really buy much into it, but it will be fun to see who they pick.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join