It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lighting strikes Dome of St. Peter's same day Pope Benedict XVI announces resignation

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by flexy123

The only thing i would say about the Hitler Youth is that he can't have been coerced into joining. He joined at the age of 14 and had already started his Seminary training by then. Trainee Priests were about the only group excused from membership of the Hitler Youth so he quite simply didn't have to join.

That said, i am certainly not attempting to judge him because of this. The time, the situation, etc, are all highly mitigating circumstances. I am simply saying that he wasn't forced to join, regardless of what people may claim. He may of felt under obligation to join but that isn't the same thing at all.

Joking aside, I'm not sure that is true. By 1941 it was mandatory to be a member of HY/HJ, and since his family were not Nazi's he and they had to tread carefully, as did his fellow seminarists who also had to be members. When he was called to military duty, he deserted at some point, and was captured by US military. It was actually a feat of intellectual prowess for youngsters like that to be able to resist the apparent might and majesty of a powerful military force, and all the indoctrination of might is right that went along with that, and so it's no surprise that even children of organised anti-Nazi movements had their children in the Hitler youth. IMO, Hitler's biggest mistake, was to actually try and MAKE the German people as of one mind, and to be able to rule the world, out of his earlier thoughts of, "If only" Apart from that, who the feck wants to rule the world or rather, who already ruled the world.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by evictiongnostic

Peter from Ghana fits the term "Black Pope" with tongue firmly in cheek. Also, as stated in previous comments, he is a known supporter of a Global Bank/economy, as well as the second youngest cardinal in the church. This is important, as the papal procession almost always follows an alternating young/old pattern.

edit on 12-2-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1

Bertone and Ratzinger both heavily involved in the 'suppression' of the final 'Secret of Fatima'....perhaps the lightening bolt was at Mary's behest.?

Mary is asleep right now, along with the rest of the dead. She can't request anything... nor can she appear to children in visions, though I suppose if God wanted her to, she could. Elijah and Moses were once woken up to meet with Jesus (the Transfiguration). But how would the children know what Mary actually looks like? There are no accurate paintings of her. Nobody knows anymore. All we have are artist's renderings, guesses, like the face of Jesus.

I think the whole Fatima thing is a setup, so they can suddenly produce anything they want and say "Look, it was right! Hail Mary!!" Don't forget, it was Bertone who "released" the partial third prophecy in 2000, and also Bertone who interviewed Sister Lucy for two hours in 2001 and then reported what she'd supposedly said: that the consecration of the world in 1984 was "accepted by heaven" (for what purpose she did not say), and that "everything has been published." Bertone didn't provide any transcript or recording of the interview, so he could've made up whatever he wanted. Ratzinger was also involved in the investigation. Their conclusion was that the prophecies of the Message of Fatima, including the Third Secret, “belong to the past," and that its warning of a great chastisement of the Church and the world need no longer concern us.

So if you believe THEM, Fatima is now moot. And if you DON'T believe them, Fatima has always been moot. Why anyone still gives it any credence is beyond me. Ratzinger has already received his reward for his part in that; now it's Bertone's turn. He's much younger.

As to the name 'Peter the Roman', doesn't the new Pope get to 'pick' a name....

Yep. No Pope has ever chosen "Peter" as his name; it's like a reserved jersey number in baseball, no Pope would dare use it for even part of their new name. Any Pope who did choose it would be suspect in the extreme, as if he's elevating himself to the Great Saint Peter's level. But if his real name already has Peter in it, it gets around all that, doesn't it?

It's all a huge set-up. All that's left is seeing where the pieces fall.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

What do you predict may happen, if anything? You seem quite well versed on the subject, maybe you have an insight, or perhaps, more on topic: do you find any merit in the odd occurrences surrounding this whole event? In other words, if you believe it all to be a set up, are you saying these things are mere coincidence?

Not badgering, but in the capacity of this thread, you are the closest to an authority on the subject that I've seen yet..

*Also*... The question came up earlier as to the origin of the prophecy regarding the last pope being "the son of a turk. I can't seen to find any information on it except that its "another prophecy."
Any idea?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wow, what can you say really? We all chose to come here at this exact time, to bear witness to something big. I feel it, I know you do too. But do not be afraid for even one minute, the peace and the light are coming....

Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid, neither be though dismayed: for the lord thy God is with thee.

Joshua 1:9

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
God hates pedophile enablers. Simple as that.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

What do you predict may happen, if anything?

I predict that sin and apostasy will increase until God puts a stop to it. I predict that men of power will do anything to stay in power. I predict that Biblical prophecy will be fulfilled, in brief. Anything else is supposition, theoretical, not a prediction. I assume JP II will be raised from the dead by satanic forces because it's just about the only thing I can think of that would make a Jew or Muslim or Buddhist decide to change their religious beliefs, but it's only an assumption. For all I know, aliens could come down and pretend to be Christ. (The Vatican is not without UFO sightings.) Someone is going to pretend to be Christ, and someone else will pretend to be Elijah, and they'll both be satanic. Those are not assumptions; they're scripture. How it comes to pass can't be predicted, really. Prophecy exists so we'll recognize it when it happens, not so we'll know what will happen and when.

do you find any merit in the odd occurrences surrounding this whole event? In other words, if you believe it all to be a set up, are you saying these things are mere coincidence?

Hmmm. Well, it's hardly unusual for lightning to strike a lightning rod. It's not necessarily a Sign From God (though it sure ain't from Mary), but it's inappropriate to apply Matthew 24:27 ("so shall the coming of the Son of Man be") to the event, because HIS coming won't be for quite a while. A lot has to happen first. The lightning is probably just coincidence. Who can say?

But I do know (thanks to Revelation 17) that Benedict was the last Pope before the Antichrist. He was the seventh king. In other words, his death or resignation was always going to mark the beginning of the end, and I've been waiting for it. It all goes to hell any day now. The first Seal is already broken.

The question came up earlier as to the origin of the prophecy regarding the last pope being "the son of a turk." I can't seen to find any information on it except that its "another prophecy." Any idea?

Malachy's prophecy doesn't mention Turks or a "Black Pope." Let me see if I can find the origin... oh, good lord, it's Nostradamus. Century 6, quatrain 16:

That which will be carried off by the young Hawk,
By the Normans of France and Picardy:
The black ones of the temple of the Black Forest place
Will make an inn and fire of Lombardy.

How you get from that to "Black Pope" is a mystery to me. I can find nothing about any prophecy regarding him being the son of the Turks (or the Ottomans). Maybe people are equating "Black" with "Turkish"... which is silly. But it's all silly, isn't it? Malachy and the Bible have proven accurate so far; nothing else really has. To me, Bertone is a lot more likely than Turkson, for many reasons. But time will tell.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

An outstanding reply, thank you very much.
(I would chop that up into a thread on the subject if I were you, except I'm using a phone)

Regardless... we haven't long to wait and see, and thats the real weight and velocity of the matter, IMO.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
How often are there lighting storms during the month of FEB (winter) ? Maybe they happen, but the timing is kinda of interesting.

For what its worth, we had a bad storm a few nights ago and the sky lit up like a birthday cake. The high for the previous day had only been around 60F. That system moved into Louisiana and Mississippi about 12 hours later and caused an outbreak of tornadoes (which would have happened for us if the temperature had been higher). Granted, I live in Texas and the weather does not like to follow a pattern here, and we're at a much lower latitude than most of Europe, but its not impossible for something like this to happen in February.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If it's supposed to be a sign from God then why not make it more obvious. Yeah ok the timing is cool but he chose to resign on a stormy day and there is a lightening rod on top of the building!

I mean seriously can't god make the lightening bolt red or at least do something that can't be easily explained away by science.

The Malachy prophecy is neat but for all we know the church is making its choices of the new Popes to align with the prophecy in order to self fulfill it. Personally I dont think the links being made are all that strong anyway.

Not buying any of it.

Having said that I do think the church is on its way out as human beings are evolving their ideas.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
(posted by me, an Atheist) For all of those who are saying "this doesn't make you ponder the symbolism" and "i hope you could at least see why we would be concerned".

Yes, we do see the symbolism and we do see why you would be concerned, however it hardly makes us give in to any superstition on a event in which isn't an impossible, or by the looks of it (from how ofter it does get struck by lightning) even improbable event.

It is to no surprise that many of you who are yelling "There is no way I could take this as a coincidence" because you're belief system is based on the assumptions that anything and sometimes everything is for a purpose. That statement is simply irrelevant.

Lastly, for those who are winking at us saying "well, you might as well drop everything and join the flock because of this event" is a rather ignorant notion considering that non-believers are usually non-believers due to a lack of evidence and rationality. Obviously the majority of you see this as evidence and the rational thing would be to "double your faith" and kick it up a notch, but in all actuality it could have been Zeus, angered by the followers of other religions saying "Hey! I'm still here why are you still following that religion?!? Has everyone forgotten about the Pantheon of Olympus!" and the symbol was simply misinterpreted.

That is why this is not a fact of anything, or any more symbolic than any other event, and especially not evidence of anything. You're belief that it is all those things is solely based on assumption, and assumption is not evidence.

Rational thinking, please.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I predict the Roman Catholic church now understanding
their plummet in popularity as a sign from below, I mean above...
Decide to pick a Pope named Peter.
Yes, because of the Prophecy, but really
in the spirit of, "If we are going down, so is everybody else."

2ndly... they will call the Jesuits and say "It's Time."
Jesuits know what to do.

Then a call to the Military Industrial Complex.
A good catholic insider with top Brass and contractors ...
and whammo!!
Lasers, I mean, Apparitions, begin all over the world.
Playing to mass audiences at an alarming rate;
you tube is on fire with Jesus
Mary and Joseph sightings.

Alex Jones and Glenn Beck are asked for comment
but can't because they are crying rivers of joy.

With these prophetic events gaining momentum,
a world of zealots asks the all knowing Pope..
"Pappa...Who is the Anti-Christ?
"Obviously" says the Pope,
"It is Barrack!". "The lightening from above, I mean below."
"You mean Obama?" says the world, wanting to be sure about these things.
"I can't hear you" says Pope Peter, shutting giant golden doors.

*I'm kidding of course.
this is an off the cuff crazy prediction and in no way reflects my beliefs...or do they?
edit on 12-2-2013 by sealing because: more

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven"

Luke 10:18

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost147

You make good points above, and I will personally accept that these things (namely the dove and the lightening) are probably coincidence. However, I would point out that my concern lies with the more "down to earth" motives and facts behind and beyond this undeniable remarkable event.

I'm not a Catholic, or even a Christan, but I know enough to understand that the Vatican is big, powerful, and connected. Waves like this will have a reaction.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
I'm a lapsed Catholic and this is quite spooky. I was shocked at the Pope resigning because Popes don't resign no matter how old, frail or ill - not in 'modern' times anyway. Add that to the lightening strike and the dove of peace being attacked, a couple of weeks ago...

I may not practice Catholicism anymore but I don't believe in coincidences either so this is all rather strange. Now if we get a black Pope called Peter... oh my!

Ugh... there's always one troll who has to stir up threads by bringing up ethnicity.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

What do you predict may happen, if anything?

For all I know, aliens could come down and pretend to be Christ. (The Vatican is not without UFO.

Can help but take note to the word "pretend".

It's all in how you look at it I suppose. For me:

'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Mere coincidence What are the odds? Could this be prophecy fulfilled? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Only time will tell.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
id me more surprised if god crushed vatican city with his hand after he scratched his butt

But in all seriousness, lightning strikes probably happen more often than you think on a tall structure.
edit on 2/12/2013 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/12/2013 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join