It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I used to be one of those "pray the gay away" Chritians. Now that I am older and less ignorant I have determined due to scientific evidence that people are born gay.

So you are a believer in the "gay gene"?

Disgusting how you seem to assume that homosexuality is a "thing" that one can acquire, and not simply the product of behavior.

What is truly disgusting is your stance that being gay is a product of behavior, and thus is a choice that the person makes. In this way, it is their "fault" for being gay, as it is behaviors that are chosen.

Be careful the viewpoints you espouse. Intolerance comes wrapped up in all manner of righteous behaviors.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

if you are gay and christian then you are not exactly doing what God intended you to do, procreate.

Gay people can and do sometimes procreate.

Some heterosexual people do not procreate. Whether by choice or medical issues.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87
Why does it always have to be God vs the gays? Or christians vs LGBT community?

In 6 years of catholic school education I never once heard anything about hating gay people or treating them any differently than you would treat a non-gay person.

I think sometimes these groups just want to "play the victim" in-order to gain sympathy.

Marriage is a religious institution, right? Otherwise, we would just call it "civil unions" and be done with it. But to get married is a religious institution (one of the few that are part of official government policy, wrongly).

Until gay people can marry, then there is nothing to support the idea that it isn't "Christians vs gays". Separate but equal is a known fallacy that we seem to be working through, once again, as it relates to the rights of a minority.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Man homosexuals are bigoted toward Christians.They display unwitting intolerance. This means they also display hypocrisy considering intolerance and bigotry was something they bleat about all day.

The day that Churches open their doors for gay weddings is the day that Gay people will no longer have reason to take issue with Christians.

Intolerance is a two way street, and from where I stand The Church has a permanent spot on one of those lanes.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

To use the books of religion as proof against God is some strange logic.

I don't know who or what "God" is, but I cannot imagine that there isn't a Creative force that has "mind". This Creative force may be utterly indifferent to us, but I have found no other explanation for some of the more supernatural things I have been witness to in my life.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel

That's the deist in me.

The anti-theist in me has to add to what you said though..

Using the books to prove existence of the Biblical God is also strange logic.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Why do some Christians go into poetry mode, and spew tons of over-rehearsed adjectives about god. It just sounds so phony and overly preachy, condescending actually. Like they go into a trance and list off all the church 1-liners they can.

"a loving and gracious God"
"the blood of Christ covers this disobedience"
"I had a yearning in my soul that God had placed there for Himself"
"because of the working of the Holy Spirit in my heart"

Its an image to uphold. especially when you embarrassed yourself in front of your blog readers. Make it sound as holy as you can, can mislead half of them.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

correct, there were entire sectors of india, for example, where there were no women at all.
villages without a single female this is currently happening in china again, due to their one child policy. they've had to amend the abortion laws because people were finding out the gender of the baby first, before deciding whether to abort. the chinese gov let that go on for like 30 years before they decided to stop it, they realized there were would be no female babies born to chinese men, ever again, unless they kidnapped females from neighboring countries (which by the way, they are already starting to do. i think the last figure was that china had allowed 150,000,000 female infants to be aborted, as a result of the one child policy, and that's just the ones they know about. in remote villages, they still follow the cultural model that if you don't have at least a son, you won't have any one to take care of you in your old age. it's their version of social security. you should read up on it. just google "gendercide watch". or here: www.gendercide.org... )

as far as homosexual females, i think the only one that seems to suggest that happening is the greek empire due to the men basically treating them like humpable house furniture. they were a highly cultured civilization and women socialized with each other alot. the rest appear to kill off so many of their women, that there's not a big enough representation of women to be homosexual. homosexuality is not a biological norm. as the test with the mice populations indicate. it results from changes in dna or in the presence of social pressures, like societies devoid of females or all male prison populations.
edit on 7-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
God is not real. Believing in God is primitive thinking. Seriously, have we not seen enough Nigerian Email Scams and snake oil salesmen to not see religion for the ridiculous and retarded and obvious scam that it is???? Why are there still people left on the planet that think that book of manipulation was written by anyone other than manipulative, controlling men? It's so obvious. We need to stop using it as reasons to judge people. It is the height of ignorance!

It's time for all bibles to be judged as fully retarding the progress of mankind.
edit on 7-2-2013 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

I don't know who or what "God" is, but I cannot imagine that there isn't a Creative force that has "mind". This Creative force may be utterly indifferent to us, but I have found no other explanation for some of the more supernatural things I have been witness to in my life.

Regardless of if I am right or not, religious books are not what proves I am wrong.

I agree with you, but this is not the "God" in question who is used to justify wars and intolerance. I'm saying this retarded judgemental man-made God thing used to justify judgement, intolerance, hate and sin... It's fake. It does not exist. It was invented to control men and women... and anyone quoting such nonsense is a fool and an embarrassment to the human race.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I don't know if you know this or not. But estrogen the female chemical when exposed to a male fetus in the womb causing the brain when born to think feminine. It is born gay.

So it is natural. Thought I'd spell it out this way since you didn't get the gay gene hint.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by undo

I don't know if you know this or not. But estrogen the female chemical when exposed to a male fetus in the womb causing the brain when born to think feminine. It is born gay.

So it is natural. Thought I'd spell it out this way since you didn't get the gay gene hint.

i understand that. what i'm saying is, it can also be found in the presence of social pressures, such as cultural norms like in greece, religious writs, like in india and china of old, or as a result of government interference with fertility, such as modern day china.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Fair enough!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Originally posted by resoe26
the gays.......

"do what thou wilt"
-Aleister Crowley

But me... I like the breasteses and booty. and chocha

That quote is misleading. Aleister Crowley said "Will UNDER Love" - LOVE comes first according to him, so that is taken out of context to make things look evil / satanic / selfish. How manipulative.

By the way, just because you like breast and booty, that does not mean that you do not like penis...

reply to post by meggiddo2012

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
Hell is a choice. God sends no one there. People make the choice to go by rejecting the Lord.

God is putting people in hell against their will. (If the religious belief is even true)

This sounds just as disgusting as saying

Rape is a choice, no one is raped by a person, people choose to be raped by rejecting the person...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I haven't been the raper or the rapee but I can say this. There are people who do bring it on themselves. Not all just some.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by resoe26

the gays.......

"do what thou wilt"
-Aleister Crowley

But me... I like the breasteses and booty. and chocha

That quote is misleading. Aleister Crowley said "Will UNDER Love" - LOVE comes first according to him, so that is taken out of context to make things look evil / satanic / selfish. How manipulative.

By the way, just because you like breast and booty, that does not mean that you do not like penis...

reply to post by meggiddo2012

Hell is a choice. God sends no one there. People make the choice to go by rejecting the Lord.

God is putting people in hell against their will. (If the religious belief is even true)

This sounds just as disgusting as saying

Rape is a choice, no one is raped by a person, people choose to be raped by rejecting the person...

How does that saying NOT look evil / satanic / selfish?
And just because you interpreted my post that way does not mean that is what I intended.
-And damn, are you one of those folks who says "can't knock it till you try it?"

You must like penis.
Only penis I like to see is the one between my legs.
But maybe you should not take personal stabs at people on a website buddy..... ?

PS
What I was implying is that everyone should do what they want (not in a criminal way of course). That's why I incorporated the quote. chinga la madre. I swear this site is preposterous sometimes....
edit on 7-2-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

If you are walking with a short cloths on in an alley in the middle of the night, you should have known better. It's important to be wise, but that does not excuse the rapist.

But, this was a specific context.

Someone said,

Hell is a choice because God will only send you there when you reject him (otherwise you would be in heaven);

with that logic, Rape is a choice because it's only rape when you reject the person (otherwise it is sex).

The point is, an action is being forced upon a person and some people are seeing it as a "choice" when it is really something forced against their will...

reply to post by resoe26

How does that saying NOT look evil / satanic / selfish?

Will under love is a Satanic philosophy? I was not aware of that...

Of course you can make anything sound Satanic when you leave out certain information...

You must like penis.

Why? How did you reach that conclusion?

Only penis I like to see is the one between my legs.

A penis is a penis... so if you "like" it whether it is yours or not, then...

And just because a guy is straight that doesn't mean that if he sees a penis he should be disgusted or anything. It is just a body part, if anything it should be neutral to a straight guy (not bearing negative or positive feelings)...

PS
What I was implying is that everyone should do what they want (not in a criminal way of course).

Well, I agree with you there.

edit on 7-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

reply to post by metalholic

[There are people who do bring it on themselves. Not all just some.

The only one ever at fault is the rapist.

It's like saying well if he didn't want to get shot he shouldn't have been hanging around the bad part of town. The guilty person is the person that committed murder.

edit on 7-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

I am a sinner standing on grace my friend. I just wanted to defend what I believe just as everyone else does on ATS. I am flawed as is all but the life I live now is to glorify God and minister to young men and woman in the inner city here. I am able to relate because of my past. I hate to see people suffering, oppressed and in pain. Please do not be offended by my comments, I just wanted to quote Scripture and share my thoughts.

So if you are a sinner that stands on grace then wouldn't a gay Christian also be in your boat? Your god finds just about everything to be repulsive in his eyes if it's not directly glorifying him so... why would a gay person have to repent if a straight sinner does not?

You must treat your body like a temple yet many Christians smoke and eat red meat. If they don't repent, do they suffer the same judgement as gay people or are they all simply "standing on grace"?

Why is there a line drawn by conservative Christians when it comes to homosexuality? Premarital sex doesn't seem to be an issue with most of you guys nor does killing people in our invasions of other nations, nor does the breaking of about a thousand asinine rules that litter your bible. Why pick on that one sin if other Christians are "standing on grace" instead of repenting?
edit on 7-2-2013 by Cuervo because: grammar...

Best post I've read beside my own predicting what the gay gene will do in the future if it invades all bloodlines and gets more active.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

That phoenix which you have hope in it, is God. that wisdom in nature is God. that supreme leader is God.
sometimes we confuse between corrupted Vatican and God. the all attempt of Jesus was to fight with the corrupted clerics. the leaders of the tribe of Israel.
I do not want to preach, maybe I am somehow corrupted as well ! but in what I should have a hope ? I can not find anything firm and sustainable in this world but the God of monotheistic religions !

Not really. Nature is separate is god. Nature was here first, "god" did not create Nature. Lets not let ourselves get confused.

If you want to worship something, study nature, appreciate it. Its done a lot more for humanity than "god"

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

What I'm saying though is some people will lead people on until someone is actually doing it before they say no. Again I haven't been there I just know if it's in my head as a logical situation then it's probably real.

To back it up I've had women draw me in just to say no as far as asking them out. So the whole drawing in to have sex to make it a rape crime is pretty plausible.

Women are pretty manipulative and vindictive. Again not all just some.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Well I hate to tell you this but nature is nothing more then a brain wave between 2 nerve cells in someones brain.
edit on 7-2-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join