Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Homosexuality= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

page: 1
29
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Matt Moore, 'Ex-Gay' Christian Advocate, Exposed On Grindr

STORY HERE


It's too bad, he's very handsome. What a waste for the gays.


An "ex-gay" Christian advocate, who blogs about how religion saved him from a life of homosexual sin, was recently discovered on gay hookup app Grindr. Matt Moore, a blogger for the Christian Post, writes extensively about how Christianity has helped him to turn away from a gay lifestyle. But, apparently it didn't help him quite enough to steer him away from Grindr. Freethought Blogs writer Zinnia Jones, LGBT rights activist and HuffPost GayVoices blogger, was the first to expose Moore's Grindr account on Monday. At first, she questioned if the account could be a fake, but Moore later admitted the Grindr profile was his.


I know, I know. Another one.



When attempting to explain his gay desires, Moore wrote, "I had a yearning in my soul that God had placed there for Himself, but I was perverting that desire and directing it toward people instead of my Creator." Although he "never really thought, 'I want God to cure me of my homosexuality,'" Moore turned to religion for the cure. He says that every day he deals with desires, but claims it is worth the fight "because of the working of the Holy Spirit in my heart, I am able to see clearly that the homosexual feelings I have are a perversion of the gift of sex that God gave mankind."


Sorry man, nothing to cure but the indoctrination you've been put through. Oh, and because of the working of the Holy Spirit in MY heart, I am able to see clearly that the Churchian bigotry and self-hatred I used to have are a perversion of the gift of love and tolerance that God gave mankind."



Jones explains this ideology in her blog post: "So-called 'ex-gays' publicly promote the notion that LGBT people are sinning against a god who will torture them eternally if they fail to suppress and deny their true nature. But privately, they often seem to have trouble practicing what they preach."


You're already torturing yourself eternally if you believe this nonsense. You are wonderful and awesome the way you are. Yes, a cliche, but a much better cliche than "You're going to hell for being the ultimate unforgivable sin of Sodomy". Ninja, please.
edit on 6-2-2013 by lupodigubbio because: adding photo




posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio
 


Question. If you eliminate the male or female sex from the equation, could humanity or humans continue to exist or will we cease to exist?



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This story reminded me of a thread idea, but I'll just post it here, since it's on topic.


Does the male personification of God assist in creating homosexual behavior?

Besides those who are born hard-wired to be different, does the constant calling of God/Jesus "Him/He" and asking for complete devotion and love to this "Him/He" in religious neighborhoods imprint the normalcy of male homosexuality?


+7 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
ex-gay = closet gay.. once gay always gay, once you go gay and black you will be in heaven.. or so i hear from my gay friends :d

The church preaches nothing but intolerance and they push their agenda harder then anyone.. Anyone who follows the church ANY CHURCH follows a book of lies made up to control people nothing more.

Any book that teaches tells you to hate people for any reason is a bad book, the book was written by men, do I need to say anymore?

Live by the golden rule it will never steer you wrong, do unto others as you wish they would do unto you... That is all you ever need in life and you will always be happy.


+6 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
reply to post by lupodigubbio
 


Question. If you eliminate the male or female sex from the equation, could humanity or humans continue to exist or will we cease to exist?


Irrelevant. This is not about survival of the species. This is about a man who claims supernatural healing of something that is most likely natural in him, and then getting caught on a major hookup app. It's about hipocrisy, lies and self-hatred for something you can't control. But to answer your question. No it couldn't exist.

Satisfactory answer?



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio
 


Pray the Gay Away + God (doesn't exist) = Gay

Simple.


+33 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I used to be one of those "pray the gay away" Chritians. Now that I am older and less ignorant I have determined due to scientific evidence that people are born gay. Having said that, why would God allow someone to be born a certain way, and then punish said person for all eternity for something that is not their fault? Yes, ALL people are born into sin, but only a few are born gay. I don't think that God would choose a select amount of people to have more sin than everyone else, therefore I must conclude that being gay is not a sin. Being gay is not biologically natural in regards to procreation, but it is natural to the person born gay.

I am still a Christian, but I take a non-fundalmentalist point of view. I believe that individual liberty is a gift from God, and that all men were endowed by their creator with certain rights... life, liberty, and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. For a gay person, their pursuit of happiness involves being with a member of their own sex, and there is nothing wrong with that.
edit on 6-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater
 


Can you kindly show me where in the New Testament of the Bible it says to hate anybody for anything? Thank you sir or ma'am.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio
 


Thank you for answering my question.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio
 


What do the numbers at the top have to do with anything?
can you say the first number?

I like gay people and God, so call my weird.. But I see God winning every time.. Infinite..


Optimus made a nice post above..
edit on 2/6/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


1 Corinthians 6:9-11
New Living Translation (NLT)
9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:18-27
New Living Translation (NLT)

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.[a] 19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. 23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by lupodigubbio
 


What do the numbers at the top have to do with anything?
can you say the first number?

I like gay people and God, so call my weird.. But I see God winning every time.. Infinite..


Optimus made a nice post above..
edit on 2/6/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)


It's just a sarcastic, exaggerated, catchy title. Try not to take it literally



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I dont see what any of this has to do with God. The only things that god ever wrote are supposed to be the 10 commandments and they dont say anything about homosexuality.

All the other books written on the subject (bibles and their various versions) were authored by humans after the fact. So the title of the OP is misleading.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


1 Corinthians 6:9-11
New Living Translation (NLT)
9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:18-27
New Living Translation (NLT)

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.[a] 19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. 23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.


by the same people who brought you:

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (l Corinthians 11:14)

“Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak”-- 1 Corinthians 14:34

“...that women should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire” 1 Peter 3 :3



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD
 


2 Timothy 3:16-17
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
after a lengthy discussion with a "christian" on an african related homosexuality thead who expressed IMO some fairly horrid stuff about homosexuality, this is just the tonic i needed. i cant wait for more god of love based outrage and nonsense to turn up. thanks for sharing


+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
reply to post by OptimusSubprime
 


1 Corinthians 6:9-11
New Living Translation (NLT)
9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, 10 or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. 11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Romans 1:18-27
New Living Translation (NLT)

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.[a] 19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. 23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.



Your first problem is that you are quoting scripture from the NLT Bible. The NLT, NIV, et al... are not the original interpreted manuscripts. Only the KJV is. Before you start getting all preachy on me, get a REAL Bible. Also, you quoting ONE bible verse does nothing, because the context is lost due to the fact that you decided to ignore the verses before and after the verse that you have cherrypicked to use to force your narrative.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012
 


How many versions have you got?



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So basically, he's homosexual for God now and not man?... How's that any different? If God is portrayed as a male then there's no difference between the two. We honestly need to stop putting so many definitions and serious terms on sexuality and moreso on just accepting that it's not all cut and dry black and white.



posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
the gays.......

"do what thou wilt"
-Aleister Crowley

But me... I like the breasteses and booty. and chocha





new topics

top topics



 
29
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join