It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

about your op, you know on page one.....Ughhh. that's really a one sided attack on Scripture.....I can see it easy. I think you should read it....then you would see the literary magic of it.

edit on 6-2-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY

about your op, you know on page one.....Ughhh. that's really a one sided attack on Scripture.....I can see it easy. I think you should read it....then you would see the literary magic of it.

edit on 6-2-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

I don't think you've read it yourself, because I have. The only "magic" involved is the trick which turns otherwise sensible people into intellectual vegetables who can't seem to think for themselves or introduce a thread of rationality into the arguments they weave.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

So what are you trying to prove? That christians still occasionally sin? News flash, no real christian would ever say they have no sin. Being in corruptible bodies you'll still be subjected to stumbling. A righteous man picks himself up and moves on, a wicked man lays down and wallows in his sin and stays there.

My advice to you is quit pointing the finger, because what goes around comes around and there may come a day when you find someone scrutinizing your life with a critical eye.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Just curious. Have you ever tried to 'give' up being heterosexual?
Have you tried it?
Better yet, do you think your husband could 'give up' being heterosexual?
Think you could switch to the other side so easily?

I'm a heterosexual female, and I'm happy with that. Why can't gays
be happy as they are?

Now that I'm thinking about it. What if........
it was a sin to be heterosexual, but ok to be homosexual?
How many of you could force yourselves to be homosexual
due to religious peer pressure and guilt?
edit on 6-2-2013 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Man homosexuals are bigoted toward Christians.They display unwitting intolerance. This means they also display hypocrisy considering intolerance and bigotry was something they bleat about all day.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Very insightful question. Well deserving a thread of its own...

2nd.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Of course that statement is nonsensical since there are homosexual Christians.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
reply to post by undo

Have you tried it?

be happy as they are?

yep i have been celibate, prior to getting married and after breast cancer, a masectomy and chemotherapy.. it was easier after the masectomy cause it put me into menopause and i don't have a sex drive to speak of any more.

celibacy was actually encouraged in the new testament, btw. not just for gays but heteros also and not just before marriage. in fact, it says -- be celibate unless you can't handle it. the concept being that your spiritual life is more important than your sex life.

it isn't your choice to decide for the guy, what he does. it's his choice. it's not even any of our business. i can guarantee you, he's gonna be much harder on himself about it because it's something he wants to do. he's probably feeling pretty bad right about now. you're not making this any easier on him.
edit on 6-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't get why people fuss over being gay, lesbian or bisexual (Everyone seems to forget about them.). If you are straight and then leave non-straight people be. I am bisexual but I have a very religious friend that accepts me. She may not like the idea of me loving another girl but she has enough respect to not make me feel like dirt. She has even defended me when others would attack me verbally. Another point to argue is animals too show gay traits. Not ALL animals but horses, house cats and dogs have been shown to have homosexual tendencies. So how can it be natural for them to be gay but not humans?
edit on 6-2-2013 by ITendToFailALot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

celibacy was actually encouraged in the new testament, btw. not just for gays but heteros also and not just before marriage. in fact, it says -- be celibate unless you can't handle it. the concept being that your spiritual life is more important than your sex life.

I agree. Very much from Paul. Which supports what I was saying in an earlier post I made about the 'mistranslation'. Paul encouraged celibacy and strongly discouraged infidelity.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by undo

I agree. Very much from Paul. Which supports what I was saying in an earlier post I made about the 'mistranslation'. Paul encouraged celibacy and strongly discouraged infidelity.

yeah, i'm not a huge fan of paul's either, but i think that was one area where he encouraged people to refocus on spirituality, and how it's a different lifestyle. that's true across the board. even buddhists will tell you *just ask yoda hehe* your body is a temporary encounter suit, it's not you. you are a glowing, vibrant, eternal being currently encased in a malfunctional bit of genetic machinery that is freakin' demanding and expensive to maintain lol

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by virraszto
reply to post by undo

Have you tried it?

be happy as they are?

yep i have been celibate, prior to getting married and after breast cancer, a masectomy and chemotherapy.. it was easier after the masectomy cause it put me into menopause and i don't have a sex drive to speak of any more.

it isn't your choice to decide for the guy, what he does. it's his choice. it's not even any of our business. i can guarantee you, he's gonna be much harder on himself about it because it's something he wants to do. he's probably feeling pretty bad right about now. you're not making this any easier on him.

I'm not making it any easier on him?? Really?

Did you not read my post where I said, " Why can't gays
be happy as they are?"

If Christianity didn't ostrasize and shun homosexuals,
he wouldn't have this problem of being guilted into being
NOT gay.

I read the story and he doesn't say anywhere that he wants to be a celibate gay. He
wants to be CURED and turned to religion to cure him.

I didn't ask if you could give up, or abstain from sex. Read the last line of my quote.
I asked if you could give up being heterosexual, and make the switch to homosexual.

Have you tried it?

I have no idea why you'd say it's not my decision to make for him. Of course, it's
not my decision, or anyone else's but his own. But he wouldn't have to make that
decision if he weren't being guilted into it.

I think I'm done here. I don't want to argue with you or anyone else. I just think it's a
shame that a person is put in a situation where they feel forced to be someone they
aren't.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

" Why can't gays be happy as they are?"

i'm pretty easy on this topic cause i see it as being another challenge a person in their sexual prime has to decide on and as a christian, it separates you from christ to no more or less of a degree than heterosexualty, both sexual orientations, you are discouraged from being actively involved in. the whole premise of the message is that your flesh is like a slave driver and gaining mastery over its demands is a good thing. there are so many demands, however, that it becomes a lifetime, epic journey of struggle of mind over matter, intellect over instinct, eternal over temporary, spirit over flesh. i think the biggest problem with homosexuality is, that it becomes a stumbling block for others who are not homosexual and this includes christians and non-christians alike.

for example, the gay guy in the op, is getting hammered from all sides right now. people are stumbling all over the place. judging him for being gay, judging him for being christian, judging him for being a christian gay who hasn't gained mastery over that aspect of his life. whereas i just look at it and say, pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and try again. don't beat yourself up over it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

who hasn't gained mastery over that aspect of his life.

I don't think people should have to gain mastery of their sexuality unless that is something they want to do for their own reasons. I don't think the world should just expect it of people. Whether gay or straight or the other shades of the rainbow.

I fully support celibacy. I am myself celibate (although I wouldn't say religious reasons) for two years now. But people shouldn't feel ashamed of having a sexual orientation. Which is exactly what this is at the root of it.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

the message is the human body is a frightfully made but demanding lil bugger that
could use some spiritual tune-ups. lol
anything that uses up your energy that doesn't have any kind of ultimate spiritual
rationale, is discouraged, such as over eating, over drinking, over anything that isn't
focused on the eternal plane.
also the message about not judging seems to be a focal point, so how do we not judge
while constantly viewing texts that sound so judgmental? i think that's achieved by realizing
the judgement only applies to each of us, individually and is between the individual and god,
not between individual and the people down at the cafe or the individual and facebook
or individual and the synagogue/cathedral/church/mosque/grove/temple, although confiding you are struggling with some aspect of your biology is encouraged, it's not encouraged to do so with people who you know will judge you for it, cause then you become a stumbling block.

review the "meat sacrificed to idols" bit, to see what i mean.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Just logged in and saw this thread and your post! I just want to reassure you that "Christian Voice" will appear and be very vocally anti-gay if he hasn't already!
edit on 7/2/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Here's the problem with homosexuals.

You tolerate and make friends with them. They begin to think your gay. So you give clues to not being gay. And they'll think your suppressing something. You tear them completely out of your life and like a hurt school girl they'll curse you.

But if you punch them in the face from day one they'd cry hate crime and bi**h about intolerance to homosexuality.

So with this said. They just want an excuse to have sex with any male they come across whose tolerant to their choice in life.

To be honest I understand god's hatred for them. They're like that guy that don't want you to point someone out by the color of their skin but can't match the description of them until you do.

Future of mankind is such. Women because they find homosexuals more attractive then straight men. Will have caused the gay gene to invade all family bloodlines. Because this can only mean the gay gene will be more common.

It makes sense that the future for men is homosexuality. Women will have to have find pleasure in store bought items and will have to breed by means of sperm banks.

Yeah hows that gay tolerance now!
edit on 7-2-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

This can only be possible because they are forced to act straight and live a double life. Obviously being neat freaks and clean women attract them. They breed with them.

After years of this straight men will be destroyed from the inside out. As more and more are gay Gay's will be more accepted and women will no longer be needed to hide behind.

Am I the only one intelligent enough to see this?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Women because they find homosexuals more attractive then straight men. Will have caused the gay gene to invade all family bloodlines.

So in other words gay men having sex with all the women?

Am I the only one intelligent enough to see this?

It seems so.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yeah it went over your head I can see you only saw 2 sentences.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join