It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
GOD = Appeal to Wisdom And Nature

GAY = Appeal to New Traps Of Elites

Nice try but you got the order wrong.

There is no such a thing as god and wisdom. Maybe you should try science 1st

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! So if you have such cases, why do you lay them before those who have no standing in the church? I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers? (1 Cor. 6:2-6)

Luke 17:3
3 Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him
edit on 6-2-2013 by meggiddo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm studying Hermeticism, and it has a generally unique approach to homosexuality. Some hermeticists see homosexuality as a poison. In reality, I think it's far more complicated than that. Into the heavens we reach, there our souls are unified. There is no masculine or feminine at that point. When our souls are brought into this world, into the bodies we have now, the two aspects of that soul are split in two: Masculine and feminine. Thus, true gay men and women are simply those bodies that contain the opposite force from what the body represents.

For instance, what is called a warrior woman, or a woman with the heart of a woman, is a true lesbian. Not this sham lesbianism that is being perpetuated upon the youth of today, who want to do it to impress or do it for fun.

This is why homosexuals are viewed as "promiscuous". Because a gay male body wishes to fulfill its innate feminine desires, reproduction. But, being physically male, cannot. The same can be said with a lesbian, as the masculine desire (or one of the innate physical desires) is to reproduce as well. Each have the same desires, but do it in different ways. Unfortunately, many gay men and women seek random encounters in motel rooms and bathroom stalls, one night stands, and group sexual encounters to fulfill this desire. Their sexual desires are wild, without focus or aim, and they lose sight of love and focus on lust.

But a true gay man or gay woman seeks love, not sex. They seek that one person their soul harmoniously vibrates in union with.

Good example: George Takei. His partner, Brad (forgot Brad's last name) has been with George for years now. They're married. Though George has had in the past had wild encounters (even with women), he sought a partner and found Brad. Now they're just as happy and in love as a heterosexual couple.

Mainstream Christianity views homosexuality as a sin. This cannot be anymore false. The Bible says nothing in condemnation of core homosexuality, but instead lashes out against "deviant" or misconductive homosexuality, just as it does with misconductive heterosexuality (prostitution, rape, molestation, etc.).

Homosexuality is not inherently bad, nor is it inherently good. Just as heterosexuality, it's just something that is what it is, how it is, presented in a way that is what it is and always has been: A lifestyle that fits snugly around the soul of that person.

All I'm saying is to Christians (and any else who condemn homosexuality), to borrow a phrase from some of my fellow ATSers: Love and Light. The One loves you more than you know, and it doesn't matter who you want to vibrate with. (Well, as long as all parties involved are consenting adults.)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

Jesus did judge.

Apparently he was God, though.

So are you saying you have the same authority as Jesus?

And in his endless judgments, where did he condemn homosexuality? Nowhere.

Speaking of vipers...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

He most likely had congregation with homosexuals, as he often congregated (walked, talked, and ate with) people considered "bad ilk" by most of society.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

John the Baptist judged also.
The one who prepared the way of the Lord, John the Baptist, publicly rebuked King Herod for marrying his brother’s wife contrary to the law of God. (Matt. 14:3-4) He was beheaded for it. Jesus said of him, “Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist” (Matt. 11:11)

Do you need more?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I think a more important question is: What have you done, and are you going to have me beheaded for pointing that out?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

I am a sinner standing on grace my friend. I just wanted to defend what I believe just as everyone else does on ATS. I am flawed as is all but the life I live now is to glorify God and minister to young men and woman in the inner city here. I am able to relate because of my past. I hate to see people suffering, oppressed and in pain. Please do not be offended by my comments, I just wanted to quote Scripture and share my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Question. If you eliminate the male or female sex from the equation, could humanity or humans continue to exist or will we cease to exist?

Neither orientation wants that to happen. Nor is there a risk of that since the population is increasing.

This question has no bearing on reality in anyway. Gays are not converting people to a different orientation. Baby making is alive and well. As we all want it to be!

Truly don't understand your point.

Can you kindly show me where in the New Testament of the Bible it says to hate anybody for anything?

Well if condemning people to eternal torture in hell is not hate then I don't know what is.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Hell is a choice. God sends no one there. People make the choice to go by rejecting the Lord.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I apologize for seeming insulting. I try not to be. Your God is the same as my God, we may argue about his nature, but it all comes down to the One.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Do you hate people than murder others? Well the church you criticize doesn't. It has the same attitude toward it (or it should) as homosexuality, theft, greed, or overeating etc etc. The Bible calls them sins. The Bible say hate the sin but love the individual All are wrong practices but you are not taught to hate the individual.

The reason homosexuals cannot handle anyone saying they believe homosexuality is wrong is because the homosexual is intolerant toward Christian beliefs and the human right to disagree. The homosexual therefore becomes bigoted.

Funny how none of them can see that so I guess they are one eyed as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

1 Corinthians 6:9
New Living Translation (NLT)
9 Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality

Ah yes. The beauty of picking the translation

That verse in New International Version says "nor men who have sex with men" in place of 'homosexuality'. Apparently excluding lesbians from God's wrath

What did that verse say 400 of years ago?...

Where you read it to directly say "homosexuality" in fact said this "nor abusers of themselves with mankind"

It's of course not possible that 'abusers of themselves with mankind' became 'homosexuality' in modern translations due to political intent....

Let's go back further in time on that verse. Let's see if we can see further distance from 'homosexuality'.

How about the Latin Vulgate? Translated and commonly used in the 4th century during Roman rule. Same verse:

an nescitis quia iniqui regnum Dei non possidebunt nolite errare neque fornicarii neque idolis servientes neque adulteri

Yeah I don't speak Latin either.

How about even further. Let's say I don't know....the original Biblical language?

The original word used in your translation to mean "homosexual" is the Greek word 'arsenokoitai'.

Paul conjoined that word from the Greek word 'Arseno' (male) with the word 'Koitai' (bed). Male bed is the real translation of this Biblical verse that you now read as "homosexuality".

So what does that mean? Many Biblical historians say Paul was condemning a common practice of the time. Men having boy sex slaves.

So automatically this is not applicable to gay women. Automatically a blanket translation of "homosexuality" is fraudulent.

Directly prior to were it says homosexuality in the translation you used it says male prostitution. So the "homosexual" is referring to the person exploiting that prostitute. Paul is condemning this specific practice. Was he against the practice because of the slavery or because it was sex outside of marriage. Most likely the "infidelity".

But it's fine if you don't want to believe that. At least understand the original Biblical word translates to 'Male Bed' and not "homosexual".
edit on 6-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

You really clarified a point I made earlier, just didn't have the time or resources to be more specific with it. Thanks.

To clarify: The Bible often speaks of improper relations, homosexual and heterosexual, but does not indicate a condemnation of JUST homosexuality. We can see this if we go to the original languages of the Bible, namely Hebrew and Greek.

But most Christians just can't do that. They would rather have pastors telling them what the Bible means rather than letting the Bible speak for itself, which it does many times over to anyone with the eyes to see.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I used to be one of those "pray the gay away" Chritians. Now that I am older and less ignorant I have determined due to scientific evidence that people are born gay. Having said that, why would God allow someone to be born a certain way, and then punish said person for all eternity for something that is not their fault? Yes, ALL people are born into sin, but only a few are born gay. I don't think that God would choose a select amount of people to have more sin than everyone else, therefore I must conclude that being gay is not a sin. Being gay is not biologically natural in regards to procreation, but it is natural to the person born gay.

My God. I wish more of your faith would just walk through that logic.

Absolutely beautiful to see someone say that.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

This is why homosexuals are viewed as "promiscuous". Because a gay male body wishes to fulfill its innate feminine desires, reproduction. But, being physically male, cannot. The same can be said with a lesbian, as the masculine desire (or one of the innate physical desires) is to reproduce as well. Each have the same desires, but do it in different ways. Unfortunately, many gay men and women seek random encounters in motel rooms and bathroom stalls, one night stands, and group sexual encounters to fulfill this desire. Their sexual desires are wild, without focus or aim, and they lose sight of love and focus on lust.

But a true gay man or gay woman seeks love, not sex. They seek that one person their soul harmoniously vibrates in union with.

Wow, are you suggesting the average "heterosexual" male or female are any less promiscuous?

Because, that has been the notion many a Christian has professed. That somehow no matter how many dozens of persons they fornicated with until their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th "marriage", at least they arent "as" sinful as... GAYS

The whole belief without any proof (or subscribing to a bunch of beliefs at face value, ie, being a "Christian" or a "Muslim" or a "Jew" is flawed in itself, GAY or UNGAY... fornicators just like to displace the sin/argument, thats all

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

Males tend to be more promiscuous than females. Not always, but usually.

Thus, one would expect that when both partners are male, greater promiscuity occurs.

At least, that is how my gay son understands it.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

when clearly a man was not designed nor created to have a penis put up his anus, is not passing judgement but merely upholding what creation declares to be self evident.

So no heterosexual anal sex.

No oral sex.

Any other 'unnatrual' sex acts the heterosexuals need to watch out for to get on God's good side?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

If it takes spiritual dicernment then how can you claim that muslims and hindus arent worshiping the correct god?

They have the same amount of idiotic faith as you do.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Deuteronomy 6:5-9

5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

Protect your children at all cost forever!

Take Up Your Cross
edit on 6-2-2013 by SunLife because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join