It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

I totally agree. You don't need to take guns away in this country, just make men more femmenine.

Yeah, men should wear dresses - like Jesus did.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by metalholic

Because men have become emasculated, castrated, effeminized know-nothings who are too afraid to do much of anything at all.

Edit: We wonder why teenage boys are wearing girls' clothing (skinny jeans), makeup, and have girls' hairstyles. Manliness and manhood are going right out the window, especially here in the USA.
edit on 7-2-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

"Manliness" and "Manhood" are social constructs anyhow. if you haven't noticed, society has changed and no longer requires these roles to be acted out.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87
Why does it always have to be God vs the gays? Or christians vs LGBT community?

In 6 years of catholic school education I never once heard anything about hating gay people or treating them any differently than you would treat a non-gay person.

I think sometimes these groups just want to "play the victim" in-order to gain sympathy.

Because catholics usually dont give a damn about their own religions. One of the few little secrets on catholics, that the protestants and especially the "Fundies" hate so much is "confession". A study in the 1990's by "Forum Magazine" suggested that Catholics have the happiest sex-life. Also if one listens to the pope, short of procreational sex, (IN-Ejaculate-OUT-Done) - ALL sex is SIN. Yet catholics usually dont give a damn about it and do it anyhow. On sunday they go to confession and all is forgiven. Just look at the mainly catholic countries and their sex-laws, - (Forget the Irish as example so, they stand out) - Abortion is legal, Age of consent is low, prostitution is either legal or fairly tolerated, etc.And sure you wont hear any condemnation of homosexuality in a Catholic school, why would the priests want to discourage their future supply of boys?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012

I totally agree. You don't need to take guns away in this country, just make men more femmenine.

Because woman just dont have what it takes to handle a gun

Deny Ignorance!!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

reply to post by metalholic

Because men have become emasculated, castrated, effeminized know-nothings who are too afraid to do much of anything at all.

Edit: We wonder why teenage boys are wearing girls' clothing (skinny jeans), makeup, and have girls' hairstyles. Manliness and manhood are going right out the window, especially here in the USA.

You mean like this man?

Wonder how man managed to survive after this fashion phase?

Obviously photo shopped by the elite for propaganda purpose's! By making rich and powerful men more feminine they could easily take over the world!

/end sarcasm

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ugh....ats......what happened to the years of aliens and conspiracies and people coming together to figure out secrets.
This crap does not belong on this site.
There's nothing secret that gays will argue with everyone about everything, and there's no secret religion will drive you insane, lets get to the good shtuffs again my friends.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryed -eyed-one
Ugh....ats......what happened to the years of aliens and conspiracies and people coming together to figure out secrets.
This crap does not belong on this site.
There's nothing secret that gays will argue with everyone about everything, and there's no secret religion will drive you insane, lets get to the good shtuffs again my friends.

HERE, HERE!!!!

But methinks the answer is far more complex than you realize.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

No. There is a certain male-female dichotomy that works perfectly the way it is: Men as leaders, women as followers. Roles for each to play that complement each other perfectly. These aren't "archaic archetypes". These are working roles that radical feminism have deemed evil. They say they don't work anymore, I say that they do, better than any other system feminists can come up with. Obviously men are evil pigs who couldn't escape from a wet paper bag unless they had a woman's help.

That's not to say all feminists. Core feminists aren't much interested in subjugating men. But this modern mutated form of feminism has destroyed manhood, and as a result, men have become so castrated and weak that most of them would rather fall to the floor and curl up in a fetal position than speak up to a woman.

Ever wonder why men are so miserable when their women are so "empowered" and wear the pants? Or why studies suggest females aren't, for the most part, very interested in sex anymore? Why divorce rates are at an all time high? Why so many men cheat on their wives? Why so many women cheat on their husbands?

It's simple. Take away a man's inherent nature as a powerful natural born leader who stands up and fights for what he believes in and makes no apologies about it, and you end up with a nation of pansies who would rather play Call Of Duty and listen to whiny music than make any real difference in the world.

Of course this philosophy will be deemed misogynist and there will be those who proclaim men like me to be woman-haters who want to keep women in the kitchen, even though I'm not saying that at all. Women have equal worth to men, we've been changing society to make it that way. But creeping up behind it was female empowerment, cutting off men's gonads, and turning young boys into androgynous weaklings, which slowly and quietly slipped itself into our lives through media, entertainment, and the legal system.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I have a belief that the role of leader/follower is a misdirection meant to wrestle power by one gender or the other.

The saying, "Behind every good man is a good woman" is true. Mean, without women, tend to focus on the animal. It is women who provide us culture, some restraint. And it is women who motivate.

It is very rare indeed that you find a single male who is an overachiever. It is hard wired into us to want to please the opposite sex. And it seems hardwired into women to want to fix the opposite sex.

Regardless, without my wife I would be 1/4 the man I am today.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't believe it to be a misdirection at all, simply something that we are born with that makes itself apparent even at a young age. A man's duty is to test is himself and the world around him, to bring order out of a chaotic universe. A woman's duty is to test men and keep us strong and stable. Both genders of equal worth, both on the same level, with different complementary roles that have worked for thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Even if homosexuality is a sin, or is an abomination to God, it is still NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS how two people choose to live their lives together. Leave judgement up to GOD, and mind your own business.

A person that refuses to allow their children to be indoctrinated into accepting homosexuality as "normal and healthy", when clearly a man was not designed nor created to have a penis put up his anus, is not passing judgement but merely upholding what creation declares to be self evident. It IS my business and God's business when said individuals insist that they have the right to indoctrinate my school children to accept such perversions as normal and healthy. I also don't think that many are aware that Gnostics, Kabalahists and other occultists believe that Our Creator is not only androgynous, but bisexual. So, next time you hear the emotional appeals to accept it "as perfectly normal and natural", perhaps you'll start to question their religious beliefs and why they have the right to push acceptance of their religious beliefs onto you. At least with somebody preaching the words from scripture, you know the source. Millions upon millions have no clue what they ingest day in and day out, and have no clue how indoctrination and propaganda works to change fundamental beliefs in a population.

It's crazy, they have an entire two generations so utterly up in arms about nobody (e.g. Christians) having the right to impose Our Creator's words upon them, that they can't even see that another's religious belief is swarming the minds of the nations.

I have the feeling that people think that you can actually MAKE someone homosexual. I mean WTF? There is no straight/gay. All sexual feelings are on a gradient from 0-100 and every human is somewhere on that gradient. Most people are very clearly gay or straight but many others are somewhere in between.
However if you are straight, then nothing can MAKE you homosexual because you just wouldn't fancy it.

I think all those preachy types and their naive talk about god wants this or that may be somewhere on that gradient closer to homosexuality if they really believe that some words from teachers can sway a kid because they themselves are in danger to be swayed. That doesn't mean others are.

I mean a hot blooded male or female would never become homosexual even if you told them a million times. Maybe they would be interesting in trying it once but I can assure you they won't like it. So they would go back to what they like best.
To say that your kids can be brainwashed is unbelievably stupid. Can I brainwash you to suddenly walk around naked in your neighbourhood just because you have talked to some nudists?
Why not? It is more likely to persuade you to go nudist than to ever turn your sexuality.

I say it for the really stupid in large letters:
YOU CAN'T CHOOSE TO BE HOMOSEXUAL, YOU CAN'T MAKE SOMEONE HOMOSEXUAL.

If they become homosexual after having learned about it, the chances are 100% that they were gay in the first place. Or maybe bi-sexual but didn't know what their feelings meant.

All of which is 100% natural. If it wasn't natural, it wouldn't exist. It is believed that evolution hasn't got rid of gayness because:
1. It makes no impact on the survival of the human race
2. It is believed that gay humans are actually uselful in their existence to society

There is no god and if there was one, he made gays. So where on earth is the problem?????

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I don't believe it to be a misdirection at all, simply something that we are born with that makes itself apparent even at a young age. A man's duty is to test is himself and the world around him, to bring order out of a chaotic universe. A woman's duty is to test men and keep us strong and stable. Both genders of equal worth, both on the same level, with different complementary roles that have worked for thousands of years.

i dunno, there's a great deal of misogyny in asia yet they are coming out with more and more effeminate male animes, video game characters and musical stars, many times more effeminate than stuff coming out of the usa. i think it's something more than the idea of western feminism. although i agree social pressures can contribute, it's just not as cut and dry as it seems.
edit on 7-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

No. There is a certain male-female dichotomy that works perfectly the way it is: Men as leaders, women as followers.

Well, it doesnt work so well for me and by the looks of it, didnt work so well for many other women so they started feminism to that they didnt have to be "looked after" by big strong manly men.

Roles for each to play that complement each other perfectly. These aren't "archaic archetypes". These are working roles that radical feminism have deemed evil.

Feminism empowered women with rights to vote, have credit, seek divorce, own property. Gave them the right to to expect more egalitarian, non abusive relationships. Gave them the freedom to earn their own money and live the lives they sought to live without the persistent presence of a "leader" i.e Husband, wanting to control many aspects of her life, such as how much money she was given for doing her "duties" as a wife. These roles might work well for unelected leaders, but not so much for the followers (Who are perfectly capable of leading their own lives without your "wisdom")

They say they don't work anymore, I say that they do, better than any other system feminists can come up with. Obviously men are evil pigs who couldn't escape from a wet paper bag unless they had a woman's help.

I think the pre-historic human societies had a better solution to the "traditional" family structure. If those roles worked so well, then why oh why did society change? The obvious answer will always be staring you in the face.

That's not to say all feminists. Core feminists aren't much interested in subjugating men. But this modern mutated form of feminism has destroyed manhood, and as a result, men have become so castrated and weak that most of them would rather fall to the floor and curl up in a fetal position than speak up to a woman.

I think "men" are responsible for their own downfall. Society changed and instead of dealing with their new position they choose to play video games, eat crap, not work out, not take education seriously, became metro sexual and self absorbed. Feminism made the sexes equal. It didnt make the "modern man" into someone who couldnt say boo to the opposite sex. If men have been condition to be the way they are then more than likely its down to media and the changes of job roles in the economy - Nothing to do with feminism.

Ever wonder why men are so miserable when their women are so "empowered" and wear the pants?

Ive not come across a miserable man with an "empowered" woman who wears the pants... Unless you are one of those men?

Or why studies suggest females aren't, for the most part, very interested in sex anymore?

Empowered women = lack of sex drive? Cmon, be serious here.

Why divorce rates are at an all time high?

Because neither men or women have to put up with one another?

Why so many men cheat on their wives?

They've been doing it since the invention of marriage. Its not been a big secret yano.

Why so many women cheat on their husbands?

I thought they weren't very interested in sex anymore?

It's simple. Take away a man's inherent nature as a powerful natural born leader who stands up and fights for what he believes in and makes no apologies about it, and you end up with a nation of pansies who would rather play Call Of Duty and listen to whiny music than make any real difference in the world.

So, take away another man's house slave and he becomes a pansy who listens to emo music and plays COD in the safe darkness of his little room? Right. Always slips my mind that woman are here only to serve the needs of men

Must be safe in that little bubble of yours

edit on 7-2-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

can actually MAKE someone homosexual.

i think there's evidence that this does indeed have precedence under the right conditions, such as social pressure related to homosexuality, the desire to have intimacy in a society where there are no, to few women, hierarchical structures where your longevity requires it such as the prison system, and cultures where it's actually considered preferable to heterosexuality, such as ancient greece.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I am gay, and was raised in Christian schools (pentecostal at that), Church, and with a VERY prejudice father, who used words like Fags, Nigger, Jew, etc. When I was going through puberty I remember being so freaked out that I found myself looking at boys and men rather than girls and women. I remember praying, and crying and feeling so guilty. This went on for YEARS. It tore me inside out. No matter how hard I prayed or tried to not think about guys, it just would not change. I am 41 now so AIDS was huge back then too, and of coarse all we heard about was AIDS was a punishment and plague from God because of gays. When I was 19 my friends that I worked with who never told me they were gay took me to a gaybar in Chicago. I remember walking in and feeling relief. There were a TON of people just like me. To sum this up since then I have come to terms with being gay, but still believe in God and I love God. I came out when I was 20. Things are good. I had to have been born this way, because I would never have chosen to be gay, and I know that I am part of a big picture. I do not think accept maybe with brainwashing there is any way to change your sexual orientation, even then I do not think it would change anyone. Allot of people who try and change, end up suicidal, depressed, and still end up having sex with other men anyway, which just makes the depression worse, because they make themselves feel guilty.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Allot of people who try and change, end up suicidal, depressed, and still end up having sex with other men anyway, which just makes the depression worse, because they make themselves feel guilty.

correct the gay guy in the op is struggling with all that right now, and people are parading him around like the poster boy for why you don't want to believe in god and be gay, which i think is causing him even more damage maybe you could talk to him and help him out?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

- You equate the male-female roles with female subjugation. Roles in a relationships do not equate into women not being allowed to own land or vote. Society viewed women as generally less worthy than men, therefore, they had less rights. The further you go back, the less women were treated as human beings with respect. Now that women have equal worth, which I agree with completely, it's another "give an inch, take a mile" deal. Men upped and became enlightened about females, and we gave you the worth you deserve. Now that you have it, you want more. But you want to have it both ways. You want to wear the pants in a relationship, and yet you're always the victim, and any man who dares talk down to you is clearly a woman hater who is trying to victimize you and make you his house slave. I also find it interesting how, even though you want to speak of female empowerment and how traditional working gender roles "doesn't work for you", you revert to self victimization by equating natural, inherent gender roles with women not being afforded the same privileges as men. They are not one and the same, but you seem to think it does, because that's how society has warped your mind.

- Women looking for power is like a dog chasing a car. You wouldn't know what to do with it when you finally caught it.

- Society changed because radical feminists took over the whole entirety of feminism, and it became a driving force in completely rearranging classical gender roles. I've always found it interesting that even though you want to have power, you can't handle it. Even though you want equal worth with men, you continue to victimize yourselves for sympathy. You can't have it both ways.

- Men and women are both responsible. Men for losing grip of who they really are, and women for not understanding that when you take manhood away from a man, you end up with something you don't want. Women don't want a weak, defenseless man. They want a big strong man, in your words, who is a leader and has the courage to do what is right. It has everything to do with a distorted form of feminism that is hypocritical and self destructive.

- I've known men who have been in relationships with tyrannical, loud mouthed, know it all women. They are absolutely miserable, and the relationships don't last long. My father married one, a woman who had had three husbands before, and all of them wound up hating her guts. I was also in a relationship with a woman who tried to subjugate me and take away my worth as a man. You know what happened? I threw her stuff out the front door.

- Only the most masochistic of men want a woman who would step all over them. No real man finds that attractive. Talk to any normal straight male about it. Men who enjoy that are often made fun of for being "p* whipped" and emasculated. They're the ones who want to be a woman's slave rather than an equal. Again, self castration.

- Because they can't handle one another's "new gender roles" in this glorious new age of feminism.

- Again, you show a double standard. Men are obviously dogs and perverts who can't wait to cheat on their women, but women have to have a different reason all together, right? Women are always the victims, men are the evil, terrible a-holes driven by their libido. Not women, right?

- "So, take away another man's house slave and he becomes a pansy who listens to emo music and plays COD in the safe darkness of his little room? Right. Always slips my mind that woman are here only to serve the needs of men "

Again, victimization of women. In your mind, because a man is strong and has clear leadership qualities, it must mean because he hates women and wants a house slave. It can't POSSIBLY be because that's what a man is, and always will be, regardless of how you want things in that little empowered bubble that YOU exist in.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If being gay is really a choice, as some people claim, then that means that it is possible for a straight guy to wake up one day and consciously choose to no longer be attracted to young hot women but instead choose to be attracted to very fat, very old women.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

That about sums it up.

I appreciate your argument. Sometimes I wince when reading it....but that is ok. It is still what needs to be said.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
followthewhite

here's the problem with your theory.
the increase in fatherless households requires women to be both dad and mom.
having to compete with men in the workplace, requires women to think like men,
act like men, be like men. 1000s of years of some of the worst atrocities known to man
have been perpetrated on women, which has resulted in women over reacting now, to
even the slightest thing.
so i don't think feminism is the issue. i think it's a symptom of the real issue. can you guess
what i think the real issue is? hint: it's not sex related.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join