It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I used to be one of those "pray the gay away" Chritians. Now that I am older and less ignorant I have determined due to scientific evidence that people are born gay. Having said that, why would God allow someone to be born a certain way, and then punish said person for all eternity for something that is not their fault? Yes, ALL people are born into sin, but only a few are born gay. I don't think that God would choose a select amount of people to have more sin than everyone else, therefore I must conclude that being gay is not a sin. Being gay is not biologically natural in regards to procreation, but it is natural to the person born gay. I am still a Christian, but I take a non-fundalmentalist point of view. I believe that individual liberty is a gift from God, and that all men were endowed by their creator with certain rights... life, liberty, and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. For a gay person, their pursuit of happiness involves being with a member of their own sex, and there is nothing wrong with that. edit on 6-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD, WHO TAKETH AWAY THE SIN OF THE WHOLE WORLD

John the Baptist

I assume the man that baptized Christ, knew what he was talking about. So by this I know God doesn't hate gay people. Because he has given them the way, just as he has done for me. It's very sad that religion has caused so much hate for God. For Jesus Christ.

Anyway SnF for the chance to say that.
edit on 7-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Globally approximately 1% of the world considers themselves homosexual. 100 to 1
In the US approximately 6% of the country considers themselves homosexual. 100 to 6

Why do such a small percentage of people get so much attention?

I simply don't understand. Being Homosexual is not normal; the percentages should make it obvious that homosexuality is something that makes one different not something that makes them normal.

Maybe the cause of Homosexuality is something genetic like Autism, although I do not believe this to be true, but it is not normal.

I don't have to accept it as normal. I don't have to teach my children it is normal. I don't have to accept anyone's way of life as normal that I choose not to. Why does everyone think everyone that doesn't agree that Homosexuality is normal is evil?

I am not condemning anyone who is homosexual; I am accountable only for myself and my family. Homosexuality is not normal, not a disability, so I don't understand why it needs any special attention. If you are a homosexual that is fine for you, I don't have to accept your life choice as normal, and statistically my belief is supported.

Why do Homosexuals crave so much attention? Why do they need others to accept their lifestyle?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Again, I never said women weren't equal to men, yet you can't understand that. Because you've had this mutated form of feminism piledriven into your skull, you think I am, even though I've stated numerous times otherwise. You can lead relationships, just don't be surprised when you man isn't up to the job of being the best husband he can be. Yes you can take care of yourselves, my mother certainly did after my parents divorced. And I didn't say YOU hate me or other men, just a certain small percentage of women who speak the loudest and somehow get the most influence in society. The traditional family, its specific gender roles, worked for a reason, and only up until now have we seen a complete catastrophic failure of this (because of reversed gender roles).

Women can hold power and be bread winners, sure. Good luck finding a real man with that mentality though. Men aren't happier to take a backseat, they've had their testicles stomped so much over decades that they feel as though they HAVE to do this. They don't. And more men are standing up for this.

The only way men and women can "win" is if they coexist in a working fashion.

It is going to change, and we're slowly seeing the fruits of that. Men are taking back our gonads from your purses, and sure, you might not be happy about it, but it is what it is.

manhood101.com

Good night.
edit on 7-2-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

Your testicles were never in a woman's purse. Dont play the victim card here

Woman&Facts.com

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

In this day and age, we are the victims.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

anyhow Tex - after Hillary becomes president - things will probably start changing even more. I just hope you all can keep it together
edit on 2/7/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

You know, I once told you that I would marry you. Sight unseen. Anyone with a mind like yours just begs for my attention.

It would be in a totally non-dominant way, of course. I wouuld even let you wear pants on occasion. Just not THE pants.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm just wondering how you would react if one of your own children tells you that they are homosexual? What if he tells you that he is being bullied at school because he's gay? What if he told you that the other kids call him a freak? What if he told you that he wants to kill himself because he worries that he will be treated like this for the rest of his life, and he just can't take it? Would you tell him that the other kids are right -- that he IS a freak? Would you tell him that maybe it's best that he go ahead and kill himself?

It's not just gay people who are bringing attention to this issue. It's the parents of gay kids -- the brothers and sisters, grandparents, cousins and close friends of gay people. It's everyone who feels empathy for a relatively small group of people who have been shut up in a closet and made to feel that they are not "normal".

ETA: I meant this to be a response to sacgamer.
edit on 7-2-2013 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Top ten richest women in the world, all obtained their wealth from dead husbands, dead fathers, or predominantly male family ventures.

That doesn't really address the issue of successful women or women in leadership positions, though, does it? Money does not equal success, nor does it equal leadership qualities, nor abilities. Or maybe that's what you were trying to point out. Your data point is irrelevant, unless we're talking about wealth. Wealth does not equal leadership.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I always tell people who are afraid to let it be known what they are:

Life is just too short to be afraid to be who you want to be. Let it be known. The worse that can happen to you is your family disowns you or friends leave. But who needs them? If they're willing to throw you out for being who you are, then they didn't really love you to begin with. All we want in life is a little piece of happiness, it's what makes us all the same. We just want to love and be loved, it's the most basic driving force in humans. So, just be who you want to be, and damn anyone who turns against you for it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

It's all basically the same thing. The majority of the richest women in the world have obtained wealth because they were married or had fathers who gave them their business and wealth after passing away. The most powerful women in the world have obtained that power because men decided that they couldn't take all the complaining from women. Lol

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I always tell people who are afraid to let it be known what they are:

Life is just too short to be afraid to be who you want to be. Let it be known. The worse that can happen to you is your family disowns you or friends leave. But who needs them? If they're willing to throw you out for being who you are, then they didn't really love you to begin with. All we want in life is a little piece of happiness, it's what makes us all the same. We just want to love and be loved, it's the most basic driving force in humans. So, just be who you want to be, and damn anyone who turns against you for it.

That's easy to say, but very hard for a young person who so desperately wants to "fit in" -- to be loved by their family, to be approved of by their peers. It is a very difficult road for someone who is considered "not normal" by the rest of society.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Mostly like-wise - though we both be spoken for...it's intelligent folk with a sense of humor that make this place worth coming to Tex

And it's THE pants or nothin' (even if its only a time-share deal)

I knew ole Hill would get a reaction

(let's see if you still have a sense of humor in 4 years)

:-)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

True. Teenagers have it the worst. I should know, I was bullied relentlessly in middle school because other kids THOUGHT that I MIGHT be gay. It was only until I started swinging fists that the bullying died down.

I can't possibly imagine what it would be like for kids who actually are gay. I would say the way to combat it is to teach kids tolerance, but I have a feeling that would get way out of hand (like everything does when it gets into the hands of the school system).

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

If we leave tolerance to the schools, soon we will tolerate any and everything.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Absolutely - If we have to keep repeating the same message over and over we will
Jadin Bell, Gay Oregon Teen, Taken Off Life Support After Hanging Himself

Komo News reports that 15-year-old Jadin Bell attempted suicide by climbing on a playground structure and hanging himself. Family friend Bud Hill, who said he considered Bell his nephew, told the news station that the high school sophomore had been the victim of intense bullying both in person and on the Internet because he was gay.

Just so sacgamer understands - this actually happens

Kids need love, support and approval in this period in their lives. Life gets easier for all of us when we get older and get our footing - but for some kids it's too much to handle. They don't know it's not forever

Your children are born who and what they are - love them unconditionally

Don't make them live a lie just to get your love

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

In this day and age, we are the victims.

A youtube video of someone giving an opinion on women "Not being happy in power" is your evidence of your claim?

If you really want to back up your point and make me sit up and listen to the points you're trying to make, please link articles or scientific studies to prove your point.

Men are not victims of women's equality and woman enjoy being empowered by their own hard work.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Kids need love, support and approval in this period in their lives. Life gets easier for all of us when we get older and get our footing - but for some kids it's too much to handle. They don't know it's not forever

Ne'er a truer word spoken.

My oldest son is gay. I knew he was gay from around the age 2 forward, although I didn't mention it a lot to the wife (her cultural taboo's and whatnot). Plus, I didn't want to be accused to making him gay with my assumptions. But you could tell that the feminine side of his personality was dominant.

The age of 15 was very, very hard for him. He expected that his family would reject him. He knew better with his mom and me, but even that "knowing better" didn't make it easier for him to talk to us about it. Until it reaches a point where my wife and i knew we had to break the ice. That if we didn't give him an opportunity to talk, it would begin consuming him.

That night was quite dramatic. At first he tried to play us off, but we persisted by saying, "Look. Something is going on and we need to get it out int he open tonight. Not one more day without honesty to us and to you". When the ice cracked....i have never seen my son cry so much. It was incredibly hard for me to see such an outwelling of pain and at the same time relief. Sitting here typing it now....i am crying. Remembering how much it hurt him to feel like he was letting others down by "being this way". Completely heart wrenching for me. The essence of my message to him: "Don't ever let anyone judge your value by what you do in your crotch." When my youngest son was overheard calling some girl in school a "slut", I told him the exact same thing.

He is now 21. He left town for college and lives in a "college town". There he feels free to be who he is. Typically, he lives a fairly open gay lifestyle, and serves as president for a college LGBT group. On the right night you might even see him performing in one of those drag shows at one of the clubs (kids and their activities!).

The funniest thing: my oldest is 5' tall and weighs about 125lbs at the age of 21. My other son, a 15 year old, is 6'5" and weighs about 360. He is bigger than I am in all dimensions. LOL....and he is a defender of the downtrodden at school (like his old man was). Especially kids who are gay. Remembering what his big brother went through has made him very sensitive to the difficulties that young gay people can have learning to cope.

BTW, i am happily married, too. Still don't mean I wouldn't marry you. We can all move to Utah.

edit on 7-2-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Absolutely - If we have to keep repeating the same message over and over we will
Jadin Bell, Gay Oregon Teen, Taken Off Life Support After Hanging Himself

Komo News reports that 15-year-old Jadin Bell attempted suicide by climbing on a playground structure and hanging himself. Family friend Bud Hill, who said he considered Bell his nephew, told the news station that the high school sophomore had been the victim of intense bullying both in person and on the Internet because he was gay.

Just so sacgamer understands - this actually happens

Posting hate crimes against gays does not mean that I have to accept homosexuality as normal. I am not advocating anyone hurt anyone else for any reason.

People die in hate crimes and war all the time. This is not a gay issue this is a social issue. Bullies don’t just pick on homosexuals they pick on everyone. Making this a gay issue detracts from the real problem, doing nothing to address the real issue.

There is more hate and war in the world than homosexuality, enough to maybe even call war and hate normal. I do not believe that war and hate are normal but rather are born out of the sickness in our hearts that lead us to greed and condemnation.

Again, there is no reason for me to accept homosexuality as normal. It is by its very nature, with its inability to procreate, to not be accepted as normal.

edit on 7-2-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Beautiful Tex

Just beautiful - wish all kids - gay or straight - had parents like you and your wife

The world would be a different place

Utah is a gorgeous state - no doubt - but think I'm staying put :-)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I wish we were worthy of admiration. Like all parents, we just do what we think is best. Sometimes right, sometimes wrong, always with love intended.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Again, there is no reason for me to accept homosexuality as normal. It is by its very nature, with its inability to procreate, to not be accepted as normal.

I posted that video for a reason - every single time I hear someone say it's not natural - I'm going to come back with something just like this. Is it unfair because it's emotional - and not informational?

Not at all - there is a wealth of information out there - more every day - explaining how science is unraveling the mysteries of who and what we are. Gender being only one of those mysteries - but, as it's turning out - homosexuality is normal

Not that that should matter. Interesting - isn't it - that we have to find a reason to treat people right?

You've chosen to ignore all that obvious and readily available information and stick to your guns. So, instead - I choose to demonstrate what a culture that refuses to accept this as natural can do to any ordinary human being

You hate bullying - that's fine

I can't make you accept anything

But the world is moving away from you - you're one that's decided not to learn

You think making babies is the only thing that's natural - fine - you just go with that

:-)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join