It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
A woman's duty is to test men and keep us strong and stable.
A man's duty is to test is himself and the world around him, to bring order out of a chaotic universe.
Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
There are a lot of fatherless households, and that's one of the symptoms AND causes for a lot of the feminizing of men. Men that grew up in single parent households, with just a mother, oftentimes end up being completely complacent with overbearing, tyrannical women. In fact, they search high and low for a woman like that.
I know that there's a deeper reason for all of this happening, but men need to put their foot down once and for all and put a stop to this superfeminist nonsense that is being propagated in America. It's not wonder people in the UK make fun of American men.
And to furrytexan: It's alright. No need to be apologetic.
Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I used to be one of those "pray the gay away" Chritians. Now that I am older and less ignorant I have determined due to scientific evidence that people are born gay.
So you are a believer in the "gay gene"?
Disgusting how you seem to assume that homosexuality is a "thing" that one can acquire, and not simply the product of behavior.
But ask yourself honestly: how many women seek out leadership roles? Is it a common theme?
I may be living in a backwards part of the country, but it seems that around here you frequently have the woman in the relationship doing the "mom" thing instead of building a career. Except in my house, where I was the one doing the 'mom' thing while the wife attended classes.
Which is the point: there are exceptoins to anything. But on the whole...I think the white rabbit guy has something of merit to state (even if it makes you sad).
Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
- You equate the male-female roles with female subjugation. Roles in a relationships do not equate into women not being allowed to own land or vote. Society viewed women as generally less worthy than men, therefore, they had less rights. The further you go back, the less women were treated as human beings with respect. Now that women have equal worth, which I agree with completely, it's another "give an inch, take a mile" deal. Men upped and became enlightened about females, and we gave you the worth you deserve. Now that you have it, you want more. But you want to have it both ways. You want to wear the pants in a relationship, and yet you're always the victim, and any man who dares talk down to you is clearly a woman hater who is trying to victimize you and make you his house slave. I also find it interesting how, even though you want to speak of female empowerment and how traditional working gender roles "doesn't work for you", you revert to self victimization by equating natural, inherent gender roles with women not being afforded the same privileges as men. They are not one and the same, but you seem to think it does, because that's how society has warped your mind.
- Women looking for power is like a dog chasing a car. You wouldn't know what to do with it when you finally caught it.
- Society changed because radical feminists took over the whole entirety of feminism, and it became a driving force in completely rearranging classical gender roles. I've always found it interesting that even though you want to have power, you can't handle it. Even though you want equal worth with men, you continue to victimize yourselves for sympathy. You can't have it both ways.
- Men and women are both responsible. Men for losing grip of who they really are, and women for not understanding that when you take manhood away from a man, you end up with something you don't want. Women don't want a weak, defenseless man. They want a big strong man, in your words, who is a leader and has the courage to do what is right. It has everything to do with a distorted form of feminism that is hypocritical and self destructive.
- I've known men who have been in relationships with tyrannical, loud mouthed, know it all women. They are absolutely miserable, and the relationships don't last long. My father married one, a woman who had had three husbands before, and all of them wound up hating her guts. I was also in a relationship with a woman who tried to subjugate me and take away my worth as a man. You know what happened? I threw her stuff out the front door.
- Only the most masochistic of men want a woman who would step all over them. No real man finds that attractive. Talk to any normal straight male about it. Men who enjoy that are often made fun of for being "p* whipped" and emasculated. They're the ones who want to be a woman's slave rather than an equal. Again, self castration.
- Because they can't handle one another's "new gender roles" in this glorious new age of feminism.
- Again, you show a double standard. Men are obviously dogs and perverts who can't wait to cheat on their women, but women have to have a different reason all together, right? Women are always the victims, men are the evil, terrible a-holes driven by their libido. Not women, right?
- "So, take away another man's house slave and he becomes a pansy who listens to emo music and plays COD in the safe darkness of his little room? Right. Always slips my mind that woman are here only to serve the needs of men "
Again, victimization of women. In your mind, because a man is strong and has clear leadership qualities, it must mean because he hates women and wants a house slave. It can't POSSIBLY be because that's what a man is, and always will be, regardless of how you want things in that little empowered bubble that YOU exist in.edit on 7-2-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)