It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

So what do you suggest gay people should use to label themselves with?
After all you need to be able to describe something.
How would I, with a gay mother say her sexuality?
My mum is........ um...... er..... not heterosexual?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by sacgamer25

I can say that homosexuality is not normal and still love my child if they end up gay.

This love the sinner not the sin does not translate here. This isn't a particular character trait. It's the core of who they are.

If your child was gay and you viewed it as unnatural, wrong, immoral in the eyes of God, believe me real love would be incompatible with that. You wouldn't be loving that person, you would be loving your version of that person. And that version would be far removed from the truth.

What you are saying is true. But that was not really my argument.

My argument is simple what is normal?

Is self mutilation normal, about the same percentage of people self mutilate as those that are homosexual. Maybe it is normal for them to self mutilate. That does not make it normal to me.

If 50% of the people were homosexual that would make it normal. 5% makes it abnormal.

The issue I have is I would like to stop being told what words mean. I know what the word nomal means and I see no reason to redefine a word as so profound as normal because 1% of the world disagrees with what the rest of us consider normal.

I am not arguing for or against gays. I am arguing for the protection of my language and what my children come to associate certain words with.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by b14warrior

Wow that Leviticus guy was a right old misery guts wasnt he?

Yes, I think perhaps he sat in his room looking out the window at people having fun eating lobster, tending sheep and pigs, wearing clothes nicer than his with their flat nose boyfriends whilst him wife shouted at him.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah, I wasn't saying Jesus was the problem... judgmental, dogmatic people's interpretation of the more ineffable aspects of existence is, and always has been, the problem.

I said the more hypocritical expressions of christianity seems to attract homosexually inclined people trying to stifle their nature to fit into a cultural norm that is, in essence, more perverse than the sexual orientation.

That is all... and Yoda is a puppet.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

as long as they keep calling themselves "gay" that's what they will be... different.

sucks really hard (no pun intended) to fight against a human history of established norms... dating back since before the advent of writing.

good luck...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by b14warrior
reply to post by undo

I think you misunderstand why the freethoughts blogger exposed him.
At no point (as far as I see) has she attacked him for being Christian, she has exposed him as a hypocrite as he was a prominent figure within an openly anti-gay group.

i doubt very much his anti-gayness was against the gay people but against his own proclivity. you can say, i'm anti-capitalism and participate in capitalistic society. you can preach to people who think capitalism is good and tell them its not, while still working a job and putting dollars in the bank. i understand it's not ideal, but that's what compassion is about. may be he needs to learn to be more compassionate of himself (which would spill over into being more compassionate to people who have the same struggles?)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Let me change the nature of the argument.

Why is unnatural inherently bad?

While you type your response from your computer or smart phone, the pinnacle of 'unnatural' technological achievement, I need to take my unnatural car to the supermarket. But I look forward to a discussion

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Wrong in ancient Greece it was considered normal. Also check out the Spartans.
So it has been normal as you put it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

pharaoh probably wanted semitic priests only. the ark was a transmitter for ....."speaking to god" - raiders of the lost ark ........but maybe in this case, god was pharaoh. i mean the temple was suspiciously egyptian in appearance and the ark was almost identical to a royal egyptian litter.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

And to further that thought, since people and animals are in some percentage attracted to the same sex, is it not then, by definition, natural?

I don't think people go into the sexual orientation dealership and get a straight or gay app... and even if they did, isn't anything we do "natural" since we are, by definition, natural, too?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Wrong in ancient Greece it was considered normal. Also check out the Spartans.
So it has been normal as you put it.

I don't know if that can be considered proven... as there is a lot to be read about the immorality of those orgies you speak of.

besides you are just dealing with western culture... the abnormality of it is global and within all cultures and belief systems.

next you're going to tell me about some monkey or something that's gay right?

edit on 7-2-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

look up greek pederasty

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

look up greek pederasty

eastern philosophy and middle eastern philosophy exist too you know... western ideals are not the only factor here. Yet you point to a culture which did not survive and was at a pinnacle of their evolution.

just because those sinners did it doesn't mean it's ok... specially globally, as homosexuals would love to have others believe.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Lots of different species on the planet have shown to be gay.
en.wikipedia.org...
So it is normal in nature.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

But you said it has never been seen as normal and we have proved you wrong.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

So your stance is that since it (homosexuality) has been not normal for ages, we shouldn't change to be more tolerant of other people's natures and beliefs even if they don't harm anyone else?

I don't know about you but I don't pine for the equivalent of Sharia law... sometimes progress, or (gasp) evolution, is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Let me change the nature of the argument.

Why is unnatural inherently bad?

While you type your response from your computer or smart phone, the pinnacle of 'unnatural' technological achievement, I need to take my unnatural car to the supermarket. But I look forward to a discussion

Ok, you win.
But I never said unnatural is inherently bad. Everyone simply assumed.

I cannot nor will not be the judge of anyone. Each person is left to judge themselves. This is what Jesus taught and I do what he said and let everyone else worry about the rest.

And yes I have both
enjoy your trip.

edit on 7-2-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Lots of different species on the planet have shown to be gay.
en.wikipedia.org...
So it is normal in nature.

but if they were really gay by nature... how did they procreate?

it's simply an abnormality... like a defective gene, this is all people come to accepting scientifically once they research it.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by undo

look up greek pederasty

eastern philosophy and middle eastern philosophy exist too you know... western ideals are not the only factor here. Yet you point to a culture which did not survive and was at a pinnacle of their evolution.

just because those sinners did it doesn't mean it's ok... specially globally, as homosexuals would love to have others believe.

i just proved it wasn't a myth, that was my point. i'm not gay. i'm 54 year old wife and mom of 3.

it just seems logical to note that the issue of homosexuality in society has many different sources, not just genetic and that it would be rather hard to call yourself a compassionate human being while blaming people for being products of their environment.
edit on 7-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
this pretty much explains the sickness...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join