It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor to waitress: I GIVE GOD 10% WHY SHOULD I GIVE YOU 18%?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah

Originally posted by undo
in the usa, the employer in a restaurant, pays you less than minimum wage with the idea in mind, that your tips will make up the difference.
edit on 1-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

really? when i was a server i made 8$ plus tips. may be a state thing. still. a server can make 150$ on a decent night while the cooks have to be bitched at by these spoiled brats. i can't stand how people are so quick to think this bitch who posted persoal info on a website is a victim. now we have anonymous websites going after the pastor and the waitress. in the day and age of identity theft, posting credit info with a legible signature SHOULD be a terminal offense.

Still, ya, it is a state thing. Cooks work hard and get paid even when business is slow! Yeah a terminal.... offense, ya put that bitch to death! no credit info was posted ..... I think u lie.

edit on 1-2-2013 by hypattia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
hardstepah

yeah may be a state by state thing or may have even been changed, since i was last aware of the situation (15+ years ago). the issue was that smaller restaurants couldn't afford to stay in business with all the permits, fees and fines and regulations, insurances, unemployment taxes and on and on, and also pay their waitresses minimum wage. so the gov allowed them to pay less than minimum wage and let the waiters tips make up the difference, which saved the restaurant business a lot of money, and also relieved them of the associated tax burden and larger unemployment payments. money is like energy -- if you take some, you have to refill it. everything seeks balance.

i waited tables at one point, and after working there for like a year and a half, i found out the cooks didn't actually know my name. they had made up a name for me (jugs, yeah, jugs...smirk). the reason given was they couldn't read my name tag over the cooks window (i'm kinda short), so they made one up. i was like.. if they can see jugs, they can see name tag which is higher up than jugs. lol men.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

hardstepah

yeah may be a state by state thing or may have even been changed, since i was last aware of the situation (15+ years ago). the issue was that smaller restaurants couldn't afford to stay in business with all the permits, fees and fines and regulations, insurances, unemployment taxes and on and on, and also pay their waitresses minimum wage. so the gov allowed them to pay less than minimum wage and let the waiters tips make up the difference, which saved the restaurant business a lot of money, and also relieved them of the associated tax burden and larger unemployment payments. money is like energy -- if you take some, you have to refill it. everything seeks balance.

i waited tables at one point, and after working there for like a year and a half, i found out the cooks didn't actually know my name. they had made up a name for me (jugs, yeah, jugs...smirk). the reason given was they couldn't read my name tag over the cooks window (i'm kinda short), so they made one up. i was like.. if they can see jugs, they can see name tag which is higher up than jugs. lol men.

Ah yeah it is a state thing. Jeez, how do all those businesses that pay above minimum wage manage to stay in business!?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hypattia

friends in high places, perhaps.
you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours.
i do believe another name for it is networking.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
they shouldn't be forced to except tips to begin with, it should completely voluntary on the customers. These places should pay the employees and increase the prices.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
pastor why you no learn math ?

10% of your annual income is a lot more than 18% of 34 bucks

what a moron

Hahahaha!! Awesome reply! Thanks for that!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypattia

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
pastor why you no learn math ?

10% of your annual income is a lot more than 18% of 34 bucks

what a moron

Hahahaha!! Awesome reply! Thanks for that!

while i understand people wanting to save money, i agree with syrinx. there's a huge difference between 10% of annual and 18% of 34 dollars. a big difference. that was a very good example.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Sorry, do you mean restaurant owners that pay more than $2.27 to waitstaff, stay in business because of networking? What are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Jesus!

Had to comment about tipping:

Here in South Africa, that bill equates to roughly R300 plus a R55 tip!!
That there be crazy talk! I waited tables years ago. Then, my basic per shift was R20
and yet with all the tables I tended I'd make an average of R150 (sometimes more, sometimes less). If I waited between 5 and 10 tables a night and received R55 for each, I would still be a waiter! God damn!
Lets say a waitron tends my table for 15mins max during my 2 hour stay, with a bill of R300, there'd have to be 2 or 3 of us, we'd each put about R10 each (maybe more, maybe less, depending on service.)
The going rate here is 10%.
I don't know about the rest of the world, but here you tip (or at least are expected to) waitrons, barmen, car-guards, petrol attendants, taxi's, cashiers and packers, who else? And the way I see it, they serve how many people in a day? and most people are quite generous... along with hobos they make more than I, and most people slaving desk jobs, do. So don't scorn me for not equating with the general population or for not having ample income to tip properly.

As to the pastor, I cannot fathom the pomposity of such petty thieves.
If it's on the bill and you don't pay, isn't that stealing?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunLife
they shouldn't be forced to except tips to begin with, it should completely voluntary on the customers. These places should pay the employees and increase the prices.

that, unfortunately, is what has lead to chain franchises and the end of many small businesses. they literally get regulated/taxed/feed/fined/ out of business and their customer base snatched up by conglomerates.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunLife

That is how it is done in Europe.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I'm a Christian and think that pastor is an egotistical and selfish piece of feces.

It sucks what people do in the name of God which turns others off from God.

This idiot should have his/her pastorhood permanently stripped. That waitresses needs to make a living

Thank You!!! You really hit the nail on the head!

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I worked as a server for more than 35 years, and I can say that I received the same exact comment, (about giving God 10%, so you get less, or nothing) verbally, on Sundays, many, many times. A lot of times, instead of a tip, I received a "tract" that looked like money, but was really just a Christian message about going to hell.

And, just a little heads up. If you see an automatic tip on the bill, that means that the tip is going to be distributed throughout the "house", because you have a large party. Large parties involve more than the server. The dining room manager, bartender, the kitchen and busser are all guaranteed a percentage of the over all sales, regardless of what the server makes. It is also there to make sure that the server is able to pay the IRS for the privilege of waiting on you and your large party.

God bless the management that actually enforces the automatic tip for large parties. I have waited on tables that actually cost me money, out of pocket, to wait on, because they either were unaware of tipping procedures or where just too stingy to tip. Regardless of what the server is tipped, the IRS gets income taxes on 8% of a servers sales, the bartender gets an automatic percentage from sales and so does the the busser. So, regardless of what you leave, the server still pays for waiting on you.

If you have a problem with being forced to tip, you need to take up with the management that is legally allowed to pay servers less that minimum wage, because they get tips.

edit on 1-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Tipping is not a right, it is a grade on the level of service, it has nothing to do with what is customary.
If my waiter/waitress is rude and it takes an hour for my food to come, and I see other people food come that were seated after me, come before mine. Not getting a dime. That is very, very rare I can't remember when it happened last, so I always tip, if they are awesome I give bigger tips. If they treat me poorly they are going to get less. For example free refills on a drink, but for 45 minutes they can't be seen to even get a refill, that is going to cost the server come tip time.

As for this pastor, just a rude excuse to be cheap, better to have said nothing and adjusted the 18% to 10% and call it day.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Sorry, do you mean restaurant owners that pay more than $2.27 to waitstaff, stay in business because of networking? What are you talking about?

correct. here's a theoretical example of how that works:

joe has a diner in a small town. his only competition is a chain restaurant, like an applebees. applebees can afford to pay their waiters minimum wage or more, because they enjoy the tax breaks and incentives of megacorps. joe, on the other hand, has no such luck. his only alternative is to network with local businesses, who agree to provide incentives to potential customers in exchange for some service joe can provide, such as catering the wedding of the mayor's daughter, in exchange for the good word from the mayor. etc etc. that's what i mean by networking.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by notkmarx

don't mess with food industry workers.

As I said... it's a PROTECTION RACKET for your FOOD.
i wasn't gonna but with this ... i gotta.
You are SERIOUSLY mistaken.

from one who has worked all 3 sides of the fence ... servers do not make more than the prep staff anymore. pooling tips fixed that some years ago. (not all do, but most)

as for the racket ... there is no such protection as your food is already consumed before a 'tip or gratuity' is provided.

and here's a warning ... if you carry that attitude into a restaurant, i wouldn't recommend eating what arrives at your table

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Because that waitperson is paid under $ 3.00 and tips are supposed to make up the difference in minimum wage law in most states! Also waitpersons pay taxes according to the total of the bill.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

his only alternative is to network with local businesses, who agree to provide incentives to potential customers in exchange for some service joe can provide

Unfortunately, Joe is still trumped by the big boys, because they have arrangements with all the local golf courses that the Mayor loves to play.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

LOL!!! that reminded me of a story a friend told me of when he worked as a cook at a truck stop in arizona. there were 2 cooks there that would spit in customer's sandwiches and so forth, if the customer displeased them in any way. yucky.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah

in the usa, the employer in a restaurant, pays you less than minimum wage with the idea in mind, that your tips will make up the difference.
edit on 1-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

really? when i was a server i made 8$ plus tips. may be a state thing. still. a server can make 150$ on a decent night while the cooks have to be bitched at by these spoiled brats. i can't stand how people are so quick to think this bitch who posted persoal info on a website is a victim. now we have anonymous websites going after the pastor and the waitress. in the day and age of identity theft, posting credit info with a legible signature SHOULD be a terminal offense.

Still, ya, it is a state thing. Cooks work hard and get paid even when business is slow! Yeah a terminal.... offense, ya put that bitch to death! no credit info was posted ..... I think u lie.

picture speaks for itself. the pastors credit transaction and signature are all clearly visible. hackers can easily get info off the last 4 digits and a name. so no i don't lie.

unless this was shopped by the evil pastor

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join