It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor to waitress: I GIVE GOD 10% WHY SHOULD I GIVE YOU 18%?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and think that pastor is an egotistical and selfish piece of feces.

It sucks what people do in the name of God which turns others off from God.

This idiot should have his/her pastorhood permanently stripped. That waitresses needs to make a living

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

So, what is the reason for the extreme tipping culture?

extreme tipping culture?? mate, you lost me. stop trying to find a conspiracy in everything.

ATS, less rude. more tin foil hat theory.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Or is it merely practice for social manipulation of certain people who are paid for their skill in social manipulation?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by notkmarx

stop trying to find a conspiracy in everything.

You are saying something like this to me... on Above Top secret?

Seriously?

Why are you even here if all you want to do is confirm the status quo?

This is a Conspiracy SITE, if you don't subscribe to conspiracy theories, then you don't belong here.
edit on 1-2-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I wonder how many "Foreign Art Students" are working as waitresses and waiters because the pay is so good?

And the manipulative [snip]s always get the best schedules... don't they?
edit on 1-2-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

first define "extreme tipping culture."

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I'm a Christian and think that pastor is an egotistical and selfish piece of feces.

It sucks what people do in the name of God which turns others off from God.

This idiot should have his/her pastorhood permanently stripped. That waitresses needs to make a living

oh yeah? so do the people at mcdonalds and every other food service industry. you get tips by EARNING them. i don't understand why people have this mentality that your server MUST get tipped. in most states they are paid minimum wage plus tips. they should stfu and be happy they have the +tips part in their pay scale because most people who make minimum wage do not.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

People who don't tip are viewed as evil.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

People who don't tip are viewed as evil.

or have the same views as servers in which they are OBLIGATED to receive a tip of at least 15%

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The waitress should get 18% because the waitress actually exists.

/thread

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Looks like this entire hoopla is already paying off for Applebee's servers:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Most states allow restaurant owners to pay wait staff $2.37. If business is slow, too bad. Some owners really get their money's worth, they have waitstaff vacuuming, washing stuff, side work, waitstaff at some establishments have to tip out the sushi chefs, bartenders, and the busboys ......for slave wages. God works for slave wages eh? Hypocritical, self-righteous ignorant, uncompassionate, cruel, uncaring idiots. Makes me sick.
edit on 1-2-2013 by hypattia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

taking a quick peek at some of your other posts it's safe to say YOU ARE looking for conspiracy in EVERYTHING, including the mundane. sure you're not a disinfo agent? just kidding.

i can tell the Mr. Pink's of this forum are getting wind of this thread just by how offtopic it's become.

so shame on that "pastor". i just read the fox article and she danced around the questions and then made the point that she left 6$ on the table. can anyone confirm this from the waitresses statement?
edit on 1-2-2013 by notkmarx because: speelin

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

or have the same views as servers in which they are OBLIGATED to receive a tip of at least 15%

Hear Hear.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have never really understood tipping waitresses or taxi drivers, they are doing a job and providing a service and they get paid to do so, why should I pay them any more if they are already being paid.

I don’t tip.

My excuse “you’re getting paid regardless”.

I mean really 18%!!!!

What a cheek to ask for it, you go to a restaurant pay for a nice meal and they ask you for another 18% for giving you a smile and a bit of customer service, that should be free.

Forgive me, I assume it already has been answered...just didn't read all the comments.
Going to assume your over the pond (Brit). In the states, waitstaff tend to make about 2$ an hour..their wage mostly depends on tips.

___
Anyhow
To the actual topic. To the tipper..you gave nothing to god, you gave 10% to a religion...there is a big difference.

10% is fine if the service was less than stellar...that's all you need to really say.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by camaro68ss

I just don’t understand why you give 10% because someone is doing the job they are paid for.

Makes no sense to me.

ABSOLUTELY!!! I despise 'compulsory' tipping in all of it's forms.Before anyone slams me, I worked in a bar for five years. Tips were very infrequent. I maybe got around £10 every two months. Didn't affect the service I gave, and nor should it. If somebody tips you, huzzah! It's a nice little bonus to maybe get a bite after you finish, or a drink next time you go out. If someone doesn't tip you, no big deal. You're still being paid by the hour so what difference does it make?

I think establishments have absolutely ZERO right to tack a tip on the bottom of bills. Tips are given at the customer's discretion. If someone doesn't want to tip, they don't have to. If, however, they return and the person who serves them provides a less than stellar service, then the employee is in the wrong. That was always my philosophy on the matter.

I stand by the pastor's refusal to tip completely. Maybe the service was terrible, maybe the food wasn't great, or maybe she just didn't want to give someone money to congratulate them for doing the job they're being paid to do.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

And he's lucky if that waitress ever waits on him again EVER!!! I sure wouldn't IDGAF either if they would fire me. What a load of BULLOCKS!

ETA: I have to add: He's a pastor and only gives our father 10% I thought he was supposed to give the Lord 100%???
After all he dedicated his life to SERVING THE LORD!!! DUH Some people are too dumb to breathe!

edit on 1-2-2013 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
in the usa, the employer in a restaurant, pays you less than minimum wage with the idea in mind, that your tips will make up the difference.
edit on 1-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Looks like this little BS corporate event just blew up in Applebee's face. Good!

check out the responses on their FB page; they can't delete the negative comments fast enough.

edit on 1-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
in the usa, the employer in a restaurant, pays you less than minimum wage with the idea in mind, that your tips will make up the difference.
edit on 1-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

really? when i was a server i made 8$ plus tips. may be a state thing. still. a server can make 150$ on a decent night while the cooks have to be bitched at by these spoiled brats. i can't stand how people are so quick to think this bitch who posted personal info on a website is a victim. now we have anonymous websites going after the pastor and the waitress. in the day and age of identity theft, posting credit info with a legible signature SHOULD be a terminal offense.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join