It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor to waitress: I GIVE GOD 10% WHY SHOULD I GIVE YOU 18%?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
reply to post by destination now

NO That's not what I think and NO I don't like name calling. BUT I was getting annoyed with the way you were repling to people early on and wanted to correct you but had no need because you had already been corrected and unfortunatly called names. Sorry for you about that, but some people just call it like they see it and don't give a spit about your 'feelings' or 'manners'.

I edited previous post ...

I apologise for mis-calling you then, and like you have said, I already modified my opinions and as such do apologise for any offence caused. And at least we are in agreement about name calling, it really doesn't help and just causes more argument, there's just no need for it.

Peace and look forward to future debates

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Maybe you should read the thread in its entirety rather than just read my posts in isolation and then perhaps you may become informed, and if that makes you think I'm condescending then so be it...everyone else can read the thread and make their own minds up...and if one person can actually show me where anything I have said is indeed "shady" then point it out to me...in full, not just taking one sentence from a reply, but an actual part of my discussion, including the posts I was responding to then I will take what they have to say on board (and notably I actually have done so on several occasions on this thread already) and adjust any viewpoints I have if necessary.

Oh i have read it, all of it. How ill mannered of you to advise me to do so again!!

Here I was tried to let you know how it works here and why we like it. We love great restaurant service, is that so wrong? What did all that mumbo jumbo about your supermarket clerks have to do with what I said? I was taking about the difference and how tipping a low wage server makes for much better service. What did the fact that your other minimum wage employees stock shelves, and help their customers have to do with my statement to you? SO YES I comprehended what you wrote, just couldn't find the connection, and still cannot.

It's also shady that you have spent so much time trolling this thread that seems to me shouldn't even spark your interest as like you stated.... You only go to restaurants to hang with your friends, eating is secondary.

Originally posted by destination now

Originally posted by destination now reply to post by tamusan

Yes, I agree, but I am paying for the service in the cost of the meal, so I do still pay whether the service is good or not, the only time I would refuse would be if the food were not of a good standard, at which point I would speak to whoever is in charge, tell them to take the food back and just leave.
That's the beauty of being a tipped employee. I'd never bring you a sub-standard dish, I won't drop off anything that isn't up to my standards. AND After dropping it off, you better believe i'm keeping my eye on you for the 3 minutes or so untill you've started and I come back to check. so I have an idea if the meal is to your liking before you can even tell me... And if it isn't to your liking MOST times you'd have no need for management because I'm very skilled at handling these situations. Nine and a half times out of ten you'd still leave smiling... I could go on and on about the all of your ridiculous comments but I won't. The one about there being no difference between a grocery clerk and a restaurant sever is pure evidence of the poor state of service in your country...
If I made as much money as i did as a server, i'd have to have you and your family have a seat while I ran around the store getting you what you wanted, taking back the things i got wrong or weren't to your liking, I'd bag it up, put it in your car, ride home with you, put it away, and maybe even throw a roast in the oven for ya!! GET REAL PEOPLE
How would you know if it was a sub-standard dish? Do you stick your fingers in and taste it? And if the food was sub-standard first time round, no amount of smiling and fawning would make me risk a second chance, I'd just leave. As for your grocery clerk statement, you might be surprised to learn that in the UK not only large supermarket chains will offer assistance to those who request it, by taking their list and going round the shelves picking up your groceries for you (this happens with online shopping as well, they'll even carry it to the kitchen for you and put it away if necessary...no they don't stick a roast in the oven for you, but then again neither do waiters, that's the chef's job) they will also carry it to your car and load it for you...you only have to ask, and no, tipping for this service is not required, it's part of the job they are paid to do. Also in small businesses where customer service is important, the staff have to deal with all stock related duties, deliveries, stock rotation, shelf stacking etc as well as serving customers and will also go the extra mile to help customers if they request it, i.e. finding goods, getting something from a high shelf etc so your argument is just nonsense...

edit on 5-2-2013 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Likewise

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Maybe you should read the thread in its entirety rather than just read my posts in isolation and then perhaps you may become informed, and if that makes you think I'm condescending then so be it...everyone else can read the thread and make their own minds up...and if one person can actually show me where anything I have said is indeed "shady" then point it out to me...in full, not just taking one sentence from a reply, but an actual part of my discussion, including the posts I was responding to then I will take what they have to say on board (and notably I actually have done so on several occasions on this thread already) and adjust any viewpoints I have if necessary.

Oh i have read it, all of it. How ill mannered of you to advise me to do so again!!

Here I was tried to let you know how it works here and why we like it. We love great restaurant service, is that so wrong? What did all that mumbo jumbo about your supermarket clerks have to do with what I said? I was taking about the difference and how tipping a low wage server makes for much better service. What did the fact that your other minimum wage employees stock shelves, and help their customers have to do with my statement to you? SO YES I comprehended what you wrote, just couldn't find the connection, and still cannot.

It's also shady that you have spent so much time trolling this thread that seems to me shouldn't even spark your interest as like you stated.... You only go to restaurants to hang with your friends, eating is secondary.

Originally posted by destination now

Originally posted by destination now reply to post by tamusan

Yes, I agree, but I am paying for the service in the cost of the meal, so I do still pay whether the service is good or not, the only time I would refuse would be if the food were not of a good standard, at which point I would speak to whoever is in charge, tell them to take the food back and just leave.
That's the beauty of being a tipped employee. I'd never bring you a sub-standard dish, I won't drop off anything that isn't up to my standards. AND After dropping it off, you better believe i'm keeping my eye on you for the 3 minutes or so untill you've started and I come back to check. so I have an idea if the meal is to your liking before you can even tell me... And if it isn't to your liking MOST times you'd have no need for management because I'm very skilled at handling these situations. Nine and a half times out of ten you'd still leave smiling... I could go on and on about the all of your ridiculous comments but I won't. The one about there being no difference between a grocery clerk and a restaurant sever is pure evidence of the poor state of service in your country...
If I made as much money as i did as a server, i'd have to have you and your family have a seat while I ran around the store getting you what you wanted, taking back the things i got wrong or weren't to your liking, I'd bag it up, put it in your car, ride home with you, put it away, and maybe even throw a roast in the oven for ya!! GET REAL PEOPLE
How would you know if it was a sub-standard dish? Do you stick your fingers in and taste it? And if the food was sub-standard first time round, no amount of smiling and fawning would make me risk a second chance, I'd just leave. As for your grocery clerk statement, you might be surprised to learn that in the UK not only large supermarket chains will offer assistance to those who request it, by taking their list and going round the shelves picking up your groceries for you (this happens with online shopping as well, they'll even carry it to the kitchen for you and put it away if necessary...no they don't stick a roast in the oven for you, but then again neither do waiters, that's the chef's job) they will also carry it to your car and load it for you...you only have to ask, and no, tipping for this service is not required, it's part of the job they are paid to do. Also in small businesses where customer service is important, the staff have to deal with all stock related duties, deliveries, stock rotation, shelf stacking etc as well as serving customers and will also go the extra mile to help customers if they request it, i.e. finding goods, getting something from a high shelf etc so your argument is just nonsense...

edit on 5-2-2013 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

OMG and still you don't stop....How is having an opinion trolling? Just forget it, you enjoy your culture and I'll enjoy mine....

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Likewise

Pity you didn't read my previous reply before posting your latest diatribe...not sure I'll bother interacting with you in the future

Still wishing you peace though, because I am not actually a douchbag or a shady person, but you can think what you like I don't care

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Sorry, it takes me long to reply and messes things up, I have many interruptions during the day, that's why i'm usually here at night.

peace

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

not sure I'll bother interacting with you in the future

Oh please reconsider...Although I don't look forward to eating in any of your restaurants I do love your culture and enjoy learning how we are different. Not to mention I love the way you all talk and like reading your posts with my British accent!!

No hard feelings??

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

No hard feelings??

None at all...and okay I jumped the gun with my last post, I've missed edits and extra posts myself over the years, due to juggling several things at once...never have an argument on the internet whilst cooking dinner for teenagers, loading the washing machine and finishing work reports

Sorry and peace...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

What did you do with tourists who came there several times and did not tip much?

For me personally, giving tips are quite weird
Round here is basically no tipping culture.Tourists sometimes give tip, but for local people it is really uncommon.

To OP:

Funny find

top topics

<< 26  27  28   >>

join