It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor to waitress: I GIVE GOD 10% WHY SHOULD I GIVE YOU 18%?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Because they are paid less than 2.75 / hr base and the rest is "tips."

I know this stuff is hard for some people, but if you can't grok the basic rules of the society you live in, don't leave your house, and never eat out.

Oh -- and TAX all churches, same as any other business.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Did you miss the part from your own source where it says.

The New Jersey minimum wage for tipped employees is $2.13 per hour, the same as the federal minimum wage for tipped employees. The New Jersey tipped wage applies to employees like waitresses, waiters, bartenders, valets, and other service employees who earn more then $30 in tips a month.

Examples are great but the law is what it is. Even if they make up the amount to minimum wage it is still horrible. No one should be working a job like that making minimum wage. The pastor was cheap and shouldn’t have been eating there if she wasn’t planning on tipping. I tip 20% normally and I am not that picky. These people are just trying to make a living like everyone else. I would hate when I got elderly because a great many of them still thought 5% was a great tip. I will not go out to eat without planning to throw down at least 20% and if it was good service I would throw down another $10 or so, otherwise I will just cook at home.

I didn’t stay in the service industry long because people suck and this is Florida where seniors are everywhere but I have the utmost respect for those who can and do stay in the industry.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tippys Dad
Comments about the poor waitress and the bad pastor aside, I'd be po'd too if a 18% tip were added to my bill. He probably just reacted to the lunacy of the added charge. I think I'm a pretty good tipper, probably better than most, but I want that to be my decision. I would have paid the tip and left, but I wouldn't have gone back.

The thing is I'll tip 3 bucks for a 5 dollar meal when the waitress keeps my coffee filled and actually provides some service... but then on a 100 dollar meal where you see the person 3 times... takes the order, brings the food, gives the bill.. I need to tip them 18 dollars?...lol

I tip big percentage for small bills and small percentage for big bills, now if I bring 15 people to a restaurant I tip good when the waitress is busting her/his butt to take care of us. Hell, I'll go to a bar and on first drink order I'll tip 20 and say take care of us....

edit on 1-2-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If she's willing to give god 10% then maybe he should bring her plate.

I think she'd have a long wait and probably wouldn't get her ranch on the side.

I waited tables for years, I've never had anyone treat me that unkind. It's sad she couldn't resist acting like a butt hole, damn that temptation.

I loved the Brits they caught on quick/tipped good. I worked in a small mountain town in CO, we got fun loving big tippers from all over.

We only made $2/hr btw. We didn't have to share but I tipped the cooks. My food was always a priority, it's amazing what a tip can do.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I think that is a great point. The pastor belongs to an organization that doesn’t even pay taxes and she doesn’t even want to tip her waitress because she gives to God.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I knew what you were thinking, and it was wrong. What you quoted didnt support what you were thinking. This is why i provided an example.

They still get payed the new jersey min wage of $7.25 combined with tips or without, even if their employee deducts the maxium tip credit.

edit on 1-2-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Reread what I typed I covered that.

Here is something I don’t think you understand. As long as the total amount a server makes at the end of the week is above minimum wage then the place she works is not going to cover that hour or so she served the pastor. It boils down to the total hours divided by the end amount. As I stated before servers deserve to make more than minimum wage.
edit on 1-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I tip 20% normally and I am not that picky.
Why should you need to tip at all? Seems the system is broken and the restaurants dump their employees expense on the customer no matter what the service is like.

It's like a marketing scam where your meal is advertized at a price and 18% is a hidden cost of your meal. Go get 1000 tires and then tip the guy 180 to put them on your car....crazy...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Hardstepah

yeah so ??
she made a mistake (not blacking out the info) and suffered a consequence.

what about the Pastor ???
Chelsea's error certainly doesn't alleviate the gross misrepresentation of the Lady Pastor.

it doesn't erase her inability to do math.
and it doesn't excuse her 'theft' from the establishment either.

mandatory is just that, mandatory and she chose to bypass it with some lame arse excuse that doesn't even apply to the situation.

how can you possibly excuse that behavior ???

"yeah so?" really? did the pastor attack her by putting her credit info on a website? the ONLY reason this dumb bitch did this is for one reason. it was to bitch and complain about her feelings getting hurt. give me a break, the pastor is an arrogant bitch as well, but the issue isn't if she should tip. the issue is some dumb girl posted somebody else' info on a website and was justly fired for said action.

tl;dr you people are turning the issue into a different one. the issue isn't if we should/shouldn't tip

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
I waited tables for years, I've never had anyone treat me that unkind. It's sad she couldn't resist acting like a butt hole, damn that temptation.

Where you waited, was there 18% added to the bill no matter what?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
...and she actually did tip the 18 pct, whether she wanted to or not. It was automatically added to the charge on her credit card.

Bell, seen above, said her notation on the receipt was a “lapse in judgment that has been blown out of proportion.” Despite scratching out the tip added to the bill, Bell claimed that she left a $6 tip in cash, adding that she subsequently discovered the 18 percent gratuity had been charged to her credit card.

If she's telling the truth, she tipped quite well.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well F Applebee's not ever going there again.

They fired her instead of supported their wronged employee. The management at Applebees really thinks their stance of fireng her for showing a picture on the internet of a @($(@ tip by some rotten festering grime at the bottom of a scumbag, or a douchbag you pick, is going to help their public persona. I say it proves that they are cowards too that can't take a stand against complete indecency and support their own. Well Screw the dickless wonders that manage applebees. And this tip is proof that this "priest" is a charlatan, a phoney christian, should be investigated for fraud by the US govt, and forced to pay with full penalties his years of unpaid taxes, since we now know he is not a real priest and is only masquerading as one to screw the govt, and fraud the people of the US to save a few bucks.

May he suffer a miserable remainder of his life. May he walk down the wrong dark alley and be forced to say. "NO! NO! Duane I'm bilingual. It's different!!! It doesn't mean what you think it means!!!!"

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I tip 20% normally and I am not that picky.
Why should you need to tip at all? Seems the system is broken and the restaurants dump their employees expense on the customer no matter what the service is like.

It's like a marketing scam where your meal is advertized at a price and 18% is a hidden cost of your meal. Go get 1000 tires and then tip the guy 180 to put them on your car....crazy...

You can be that way if you want to but I have worked in the industry and it isn’t comparable to changing tires at a mechanic shop and I have done that before as well. That job is easier.

Your comment baffles me. 20% is the norm 18% is low.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Well F Applebee's not ever going there again.

They fired her instead of supported their wronged employee. The management at Applebees really thinks their stance of fireng her for showing a picture on the internet of a @($(@ tip by some rotten festering grime at the bottom of a scumbag, or a douchbag you pick, is going to help their public persona. I say it proves that they are cowards too that can't take a stand against complete indecency and support their own. Well Screw the dickless wonders that manage applebees. And this tip is proof that this "priest" is a charlatan, a phoney christian, should be investigated for fraud by the US govt, and forced to pay with full penalties his years of unpaid taxes, since we now know he is not a real priest and is only masquerading as one to screw the govt, and fraud the people of the US to save a few bucks.

May he suffer a miserable remainder of his life. May he walk down the wrong dark alley and be forced to say. "NO! NO! Duane I'm bilingual. It's different!!! It doesn't mean what you think it means!!!!"

did nothing wrong? the picture speaks for itself. what is wrong with you guys? i challenge any of you to go on reddit and post your last restaurant credit transaction. give me a break. what did the pastor do besides be arrogant and use some free speech? what did the waitress (not even her customer) do besides post personal info on a message board for all to see? and look at the consequence, this pastor is being dragged through the mud and people like you are wishing harm comes to them? great american society we have (even if you're not from america look at the comments people are leaving on applebee's facebook page)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Your comment baffles me. 20% is the norm 18% is low.

So I have a $100 meal with my wife and you spent 5 mins total serving me...nice wage...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Grimpachi

I knew what you were thinking, and it was wrong. What you quoted didnt support what you were thinking. This is why i provided an example.

They still get payed the new jersey min wage of $7.25 combined with tips or without, even if their employee deducts the maxium tip credit.

edit on 1-2-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)
if i were you, i would let it go man ... you are wrong.

you were both correct but you stepped out of line when you poorly comprehended Grimp's post. please, don't we have enough to complain about already ?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

No way and I wouldn't work in a place that did. I often got far better than 18%.

I was very professional/prompt, in other words I ran my ass off and paid attention to details. People love that especially after experiencing so much laziness from servers.

Plus I had little girls tell me I looked like Pocahontas. I'd smile while their pc parents cringed. They'd leave me a huge tip...loved the little girls and Disney.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The credit card info was not visible on the receipt so the argument that she should be fired for that doesn’t hold water.

The pastor deserves to be ostracized maybe the server deserves to be fired that’s debatable but if the pastor hadn’t pulled the religion card we wouldn’t be talking about it.

The fact that she is a pastor only makes it worse. I bet one plate will not be as full this Sunday.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm not wishing harm on the pastor. I'm wishing Karma on the pastor. Awww too bad for said fraudulent pastor. Been talking out the side of his mouth is all of his "christian" sermons all his fraudulent life. Then gets exposed for who he really his. In reality a scumbag. Wow somebody pulled his card and put him on blast. THat person should be applauded for drawing a line and making people pay the consequences for diving to the abyss' of indecency and making others pay (in this case) literally for it. Hey societies gotta take a stand somewhere.

I applaud her. And I condemn applebees their corporate intellect and sense of social justice and decorum is as mediocre and sub par as their food and product. Thats the last time I ever go of one of their @)#((Bird establishments.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

if you are willing to excuse one person's bad behavior (lady Bell), why not Chelsea's ??
hypocritical much ?

i would never say that Chelsea did right by the restaurant, by her co-worker or the pastor, however, her mistake does not excuse the horrid, un-Christian example Pastor Bell has set.

if this is about the pastor ...

it was to bitch and complain about her feelings getting hurt
i would agree.

maybe not for you, but to me, theft is theft and i don't care under which umbrella it falls ... religious, IRS, government or the street thug -- to me, they are all the same, humans.

and for the record, the girl who was fired did NOT serve the pastor.

did you author this topic ??
thought not ... so, why don't you leave the direction of it to the OP and the mods, that's why we have them.

you're right, tipping isn't the issue ... Thieving is.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join