Humans are the most inferior species.

page: 1
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Knowledge, according to many humans, is the purpose for existence. Take a look around and you see that we're the only beings who need large amounts of thorough knowledge in order to survive. Other animals don't need it as much and they never will. So intelligence is not the epitome or purpose for life. Therefore, the world cannot be justly judged by it. We determine status according to knowledge so we think we are the most superior species on the planet, but by the universes standards, it seems to me that greatness isn't determined by how much you know, but by how well you can love and appreciate because through that, you actually determine your own greatness and the greatness of others in your mind. So, according to that logic, it may be that humans are actually among the most inferior species on the planet.
edit on 26-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
tell me about it haha



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
what an ignorant thread.

Humans are on a fast track to becoming gods through technology. Animals have the purpose of eating and mating, thats all they know.

The sole purpose of animals and plants is to keep a balance in nature so that we may thrive.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That doesn't make humans inferior in any way. We grew from that.


+3 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
what an ignorant thread.

Humans are on a fast track to becoming gods through technology. Animals have the purpose of eating and mating, thats all they know.

The sole purpose of animals and plants is to keep a balance in nature so that we may thrive.


What an egotistical reply.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
what an ignorant thread.

Humans are on a fast track to becoming gods through technology. Animals have the purpose of eating and mating, thats all they know.

The sole purpose of animals and plants is to keep a balance in nature so that we may thrive.


What an egotistical reply.


Oh yeah? Whats so egotistical about realizing the potential we as humans have within us? Its just plain ridiculous that there are those out there that do not see the divinity that our kind is reaching for. There is a huge gap between man and the animals. Animals have their place, and we have ours.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
That doesn't make humans inferior in any way. We grew from that.


What would make us inferior is not the fact that we have knowledge, it's the fact of our overall apathy and inability to love. That's not to say that none of us love, but I believe we struggle more than most. Take, "this is the most ignorant thread i have ever heard" for example. So quick to condemn, so slow to take into consideration and be respectful.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 

Humans can be a nightmare beyond any animal.
Runawaytrain



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Knowledge, according to many humans, is the purpose for existence. Take a look around and you see that we're the only beings who need large amounts of thorough knowledge in order to survive. Other animals don't need it as much and they never will. So intelligence is not the epitome or purpose for life. Therefore, the world cannot be justly judged by it. We determine status according to knowledge so we think we are the most superior species on the planet, but by the universes standards, it seems to me that greatness isn't determined by how much you know, but by how well you can love and appreciate because through that, you actually determine your own greatness and the greatness of others in your mind. So, according to that logic, it may be that humans are actually among the most inferior species on the planet.
edit on 26-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)


I don't know, Smitty. What determines superiority and inferiority between species? I think our sheer numbers account for some kind of superiority, or at least it's an acknowledgement of our complete mastery over our environment. As for needing large amounts of thorough knowledge in order to survive, isn't this the same as saying birds need a full spread of wings to fly? Human knowledge is a survival skill, just as speed is a survival skill for cheetahs and rabbits.

When it comes to judging greatness, I think this is just a tool we use to measure ourselves against others, and actually has no tangible purpose in reality.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by SpearMint
That doesn't make humans inferior in any way. We grew from that.


What would make us inferior is not the fact that we have knowledge, it's the fact of our overall apathy and inability to love. That's not to say that none of us love, but I believe we struggle more than most. Take, "this is the most ignorant thread i have ever heard" for example. So quick to condemn, so slow to take into consideration and be respectful.


"what an ignorant thread" was the exact wording

I was not referring to you as being ignorant, just this thread



ignorant- Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular:


nothing to feel condemned or disrespected over. It is just a ridiculous and distorted view of the world around you.
edit on 26-1-2013 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin
 


Being technologically advanced is not divinity. Go back to thinking your a god on your Ipad.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by SpearMint
That doesn't make humans inferior in any way. We grew from that.


What would make us inferior is not the fact that we have knowledge, it's the fact of our overall apathy and inability to love. That's not to say that none of us love, but I believe we struggle more than most. Take, "this is the most ignorant thread i have ever heard" for example. So quick to condemn, so slow to take into consideration and be respectful.


Humans have a much greater capacity for love than any other animal on Earth, we are also far less apathetic, if such a thing can be applied to other animals. Are you looking at the right species?



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin
 


I'mnot going to answer any of your questions on this thread because you won't believe anything I have to say, and I don't want to argue



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
People are awesome:


People are insanely talented at any age:



Therapists tend to latch on to words like we, us, everyone, or in this case, humans.
This is called reflection..paint humanity how you see yourself..

No sir...You may find yourself inferior, but I assure you, you are not qualified to deem all of humanity by your standards...only yourself..and if you find yourself inferior, you should work on that.

Personally, I find humanity to be amazing..horrible, wonderful, hateful, loving, etc..aka, diversity...which is exactly what nature in all its forms tries to achieve...we not only achieve it, we own diversity..and as time moves forward, we enhance our excellence even more..just because..thats what we do.


I tend to side with the devil here (or Al Pachino anyhow)
"In spite of all his imperfections, I’m a fan of man! I’m a humanist. Maybe the last humanist."



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Gees, I wish I was a bird. No car payments or insurance, no house payments or insurance. No heating the house or paying for schooling for the kids. No electric bills or phone bills or internet costs. Don't even need a license to fly down south for the winter. Still have those who constantly try to rob your nest egg but at least the hawks are easy to identify. We are by no means the most superior species on this planet.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin
 


Actually, I find it insulting that you feel like I need to see the definition of ignorance.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Gees, I wish I was a bird. No car payments or insurance, no house payments or insurance. No heating the house or paying for schooling for the kids. No electric bills or phone bills or internet costs. Don't even need a license to fly down south for the winter. Still have those who constantly try to rob your nest egg but at least the hawks are easy to identify. We are by no means the most superior species on this planet.


So you define superiority by who has to pay less money?



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by rickymouse
Gees, I wish I was a bird. No car payments or insurance, no house payments or insurance. No heating the house or paying for schooling for the kids. No electric bills or phone bills or internet costs. Don't even need a license to fly down south for the winter. Still have those who constantly try to rob your nest egg but at least the hawks are easy to identify. We are by no means the most superior species on this planet.


So you define superiority by who has to pay less money?


A wild bird doesn't need money, it's free. True freedom is something society does not allow.



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin
 


Being technologically advanced is not divinity. Go back to thinking your a god on your Ipad.


I never stated that I was a god or that we were that advanced yet

someday we will know enough about biology and dna to live for centuries or forever as long as we arent killed by an external force. And maybe someday we wont even have to worry about being killed by anything at all.

Someday we will have enough knowledge and technology to move mountains and planets.

enough knowledge to start life on other planets

enough knowledge to dominate everything on this physical plane



posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
There's different aspects you have to consider too.

Mentally superior: Humans.
Technologically superior: Humans.
Anatomically superior: One could argue humans are with our amazing hands, brain, limbs etc. Don't know.
Dominance: Humans.
Success of the species: Humans.
Social interaction: Humans.

The list goes on, I think you'll find humans win, sometimes it may be subjective.





new topics
top topics
 
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join