Humans are the most inferior species.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Why do Malthusians and misanthropes always refer to people as 'humans'?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Great post! Personally, I feel there have been civilizations on other planets that could have placed an emphasis on knowledge but eventually--through time and experience--came to find spirituality more fulfilling.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by rickymouse
Gees, I wish I was a bird. No car payments or insurance, no house payments or insurance. No heating the house or paying for schooling for the kids. No electric bills or phone bills or internet costs. Don't even need a license to fly down south for the winter. Still have those who constantly try to rob your nest egg but at least the hawks are easy to identify. We are by no means the most superior species on this planet.

So you define superiority by who has to pay less money?

A wild bird doesn't need money, it's free. True freedom is something society does not allow.

It doesn't have the concept or need for money. We do, some might say that alone is a sign of superiority. We can understand that concept are are socially evolved enough to use it. Birds often get eaten or otherwise killed, they have short lives that they spend fighting to survive. Are they more free?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Actually, I find it insulting that you feel like I need to see the definition of ignorance.

Yeah well you never know do you. Some people hear ignorant and they feel they are being called an idiot. I was only pointing out that this thread was ignorant and didnt want you feeling that someone was degrading you.

but if you want to feel insulted regardless go for it. Trust me I wont care in the least

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
Why do Malthusians and misanthropes always refer to people as 'humans'?

Because we are human beings maybe? "People" doesn't really refer to the species.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What would it take for humans to lose that status in your mind?

We have realized the galaxies. To me, that is the peak of intelligent awareness in this realm.

The inferiority within our nature will evolve over time, like anything, new ones will form.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
What would it take for humans to lose that status in your mind?

We have realized the galaxies. To me, that is the peak of intelligent awareness in this realm.

The inferiority within our nature will evolve over time, like anything, new ones will form.

What makes you think that is the peak? We are capable of so much more. Someday we will know what's beyond the fabric of this universe and reality.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
meh

chimps have most of the same traits but they can't waste time on the internet, so people rock

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
what an ignorant thread.

Not as ignorant as what you said next.

Humans are on a fast track to becoming gods through technology.

Um no we aren't. Technology in some parts is actually stopping people from evolving. TV, Phones, etc.. Only certain people benefit from our technological feats.

Animals have the purpose of eating and mating, thats all they know.

Some animals make more money than you also.

The sole purpose of animals and plants is to keep a balance in nature so that we may thrive.

And thats working, isn't it?
edit on 26-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
seems animals rely on their own accomplishments, where as humans rely on the accomplishments of others, one human in the free world aka wild is just tender meat with no defense system,

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

What makes you think that is the peak?

We are capable of so much more.

Someday we will know what's beyond the fabric of this universe and reality.

And why is that? To know and be at peace with it? Or to find a way to exploit it?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

what an ignorant thread.

Not as ignorant as what you said next.

Humans are on a fast track to becoming gods through technology.

Um no we aren't. Technology in some parts is actually stopping people from evolving. TV, Phones, etc.. Only certain people benefit from our technological feats.

Animals have the purpose of eating and mating, thats all they know.

Some animals make more money than you also.

The sole purpose of animals and plants is to keep a balance in nature so that we may thrive.

And thats working, isn't it?
edit on 26-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

You claim an absolutely absurd opinion as fact and you claim that my sentiment is ignorant? I would like to see these studies that outline the current evolutionary track of human beings and compare it to the evolutionary track before tv's. Look at how rapidly technology and our knowledge of the universe has advanced over the last decade. Education has been made available for everybody over the course of the last century. How many of the people in the general population had access to an education in the past? Not many were privileged enough to. Our knowledge and technology will continue to grow more and more rapidly as time goes on.

So what exactly are these animals that make more money than me spending it on? I'm pretty sure its masters are benefiting from the money they make

Oh and btw if it wasnt working you would know it (animals keeping nature balanced that is)
edit on 26-1-2013 by lobotomizemecapin because: eta

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

well we will have to find out wont we. I would hope that it would be to create.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by yourmaker

well we will have to find out wont we. I would hope that it would be to create.

I want to ask create what, but I think that's the beauty of it... we wouldn't know until we needed it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Humans will never become gods. Technology may have some great parts but it also has parts which are designed to steer people in the wrong direction. You cannot deny this. As for animals, they have a lot more intelligence than humans. How do you think they learn how to hunt? Do you think you could escape a predator in the wilderness without a weapon? Try it... Your instinct against a wild predator. You will see how helpless you actually are. You under estimate the animal kingdom.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Humans will never become gods. Technology may have some great parts but it also has parts which are designed to steer people in the wrong direction. You cannot deny this. As for animals, they have a lot more intelligence than humans. How do you think they learn how to hunt? Do you think you could escape a predator in the wilderness without a weapon? Try it... Your instinct against a wild predator. You will see how helpless you actually are. You under estimate the animal kingdom.

The human mind is much more dangerous than a predator will ever be. We could go and kill all the lions and tigers and bears in the world if we felt like it. In fact we could destroy everything on this planet if we felt like it. Name one animal that could do that.

We can and will become gods if we continue to advance unhindered by the external forces of the universe. Someday we will be able to alter our own genetic structure and fuse our bodies with more durable materials. We will understand our brains well enough to make them more efficient and plant micro-chip sized supercomputers in them.

people like you were the types scoffing at the idea that the world was round.

edit on 26-1-2013 by lobotomizemecapin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm not saying that knowledge is bad. I'm just saying that defining yourself as superior to other animals because you have more knowledge might just be a subjective, self proclaimed superiority. I am suggesting that in a more absolute sense, knowledge might not be what determines superiority.

Humans define superiority according to knowledge. So we see that we are far more superior to other animals. But if superiority were defined according to your quality of life, then you would see that all animals, including humans, are relatively equal. And the value of that is the ability to relate to animals and being aware of the connection you have with them rather than the separation against them. Which, in this long, drawn out life, can prove to be much more fulfilling, if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I respectively disagree with the OP.

I would think that you measure a species by its survivability. For instance, we can argue that dinosaurs are an inferior species considering that, despite their superior size and strength, they are no longer around.

Humans have not been around nearly as long as many other species, but already we have progressed to all the corners of the world, and are reaching out beyond our world into space. We are on the top of the food chain, and really the greatest threat to our species is our species itself. We have progressed so far that we no longer have to be concerned about our survival. Instead we concern ourselves with entertainment, learning, science, etc.

After we spread throughout the universe, we will no longer be such a great threat to ourselves as we will have multiple "backups" in case something awful happens to one planet, ensuring our survival as a species. When you look at other species who on any given day could be something else's meal, it is evident that we as humans are the superior species.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Knowledge, according to many humans, is the purpose for existence. Take a look around and you see that we're the only beings who need large amounts of thorough knowledge in order to survive. Other animals don't need it as much and they never will. So intelligence is not the epitome or purpose for life. Therefore, the world cannot be justly judged by it. We determine status according to knowledge so we think we are the most superior species on the planet, but by the universes standards, it seems to me that greatness isn't determined by how much you know, but by how well you can love and appreciate because through that, you actually determine your own greatness and the greatness of others in your mind. So, according to that logic, it may be that humans are actually among the most inferior species on the planet.
edit on 26-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Do tigers love well and appreciate more than mankind? Do rats? Do cats? Do bats? They must according to your last two statements. You conclude that mankind may be the most inferior species on the planet, which makes your unspoken statement "animals love and appreciate more and better".

Your first statement is partially correct, I would just add that many humans determine their status by knowledge, not all as you sweepingly brush everyone. To Our Creator, the worldly knowledge of mankind is foolishness because in the scheme of things, we are spirit whose fleshly body will eventually go back into the dust from which we were created. That worldly knowledge means nothing at the end of the day for our spirits, so therefore what type of knowledge is it that is truly worthwhile? How about knowledge and understanding from Our Creator? Would that not be the single greatest understanding, knowledge that prepares us for an eternity instead of the mere decades that we live in the flesh body?

But instead, you write "how well you can love and appreciate because through that, you actually determine your own greatness and the greatness of others in your mind."

As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.
Mark 10:17-18

No one is good except God. What if your definition of love doesn't match your Creator's? What if your definition of love is nothing more than defined by MAN'S knowledge. Love today is being redefined as tolerance, yet we are commanded to "Tolerate no evil". Love today includes allowing the murder of infants to be legalised. So, in reality, if you are not one with your Creator's will, your love is merely a construct of that human knowledge which you yourself say that humanity is wrongly using to benchmark their "greatness". Furthermore, I can prove that this is what you are doing, for your wrote above

"it seems to me that greatness isn't determined by how much you know, but by how well you can love and appreciate because through that, you actually determine your own greatness and the greatness of others in your mind

Your conclusion is based off of hypocrisy. You conclude that the benchmark of human greatness is love and appreciation, but you can't see that your benchmark is given to you by the minds of man. Jesus said that only One is good. Should that not be the benchmark for how to define love? And I can assure you that if you come to understand that all good comes from Him, you wouldn't be determining "your own greatness and the greatness of others" but rather understanding just how truly wicked and evil the thoughts of men are -

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

The definition of love and charity today no longer reflects the above. Today, the "pillars of society" boast of their great works, they define their status by them. Why? Because they falsely conclude as you do, they "actually determine their own greatness and the greatness of others in their mind." it is nothing more than seeking gratification and approval from man, not from Above.

Love and good, not defined by God, is but from MAN'S knowledge.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
"Knowledge, according to many humans, is the purpose for existence. Take a look around and you see that we're the only beings who need large amounts of thorough knowledge in order to survive."

I take it your a cat person then mate? LoL

edit on 27-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join