It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock claim: Obama only wants military leaders who 'will fire on U.S. citizens'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Why not just use RPG's in the 1st place??

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Explanation: St*rred!

I try detail such stuff on DIY RPG's here ...

Improvised methods for taking out light armor (by exitusstatuquo posted on 10-1-2013 @ 07:59 PM , reply by OmegaLogos posted on 15-1-2013 @ 08:08 AM) [ATS]

[Note I have edited the threads title for this link as it was misspelled and the real title is "Imorovised methods for taking out light armor" ok!]

The entire thread is packed with explosive information!

Personal Disclosure: One could also go after the supply chain!

But with computer chips coming from China and elsewhere ... well national security is currently a huge a farce isn't it.

They can't even keep a budget straight ...

"impossible to audit" US Defense Department and Department of Homeland Security [by babybunnies posted on 21-1-2013 @ 08:03 PM , reply by OmegaLogos posted on 22-1-2013 @ 03:07 AM] [ATS]

:shk:

edit on 22-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Why not just use RPG's in the 1st place??

Because no one has RPGs in their possesion?

Seriously tho, if we need that stuff we are already dead and the robots will win.

Sci fi covers this a lot, Terminator, Matrix , etc

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Got any cold, hard data to back up all that hearsay?

All I'm seeing here is people jumping to conclusions based entirely on hearsay.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

They might use foreign soldiers from,germany, russia and china.That way their wouldn't be an emotion when going door to door...the same way the us does other countries.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

You'd be surprised. Many times while I was in the service I heard people boasting that they joined so they could kill people. They didn't specify who, so with mindsets like that, who could say whether or not they'd be willing to shoot upon their own country's Civilians.

There are so many things being said about current events these days that I don't know what to believe, however.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You could be right, but I think They'll use foreign troops who don't speak english or have any thought to taking out americans at will .

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Their oath to the constitution would be the reason NOT to fire upon U.S. citizens, especially if it's on the terms of a federal action that violates one of the bill of rights. Firing upon somebody because they are practicing their rights, is unconstitutional, therefore an unlawful order which military members are in fact not supposed to do. In no case are you ever to follow an unlawful order.

In fact the oath explicitly states that you "are to protect the people and Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Who's the enemy here, the citizen who is only practicing their constitutional right, or the one who gives you the unlawful order to fire on them for doing so?
edit on 22-1-2013 by dave_welch because: edit to add

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Dr. Jim Garrow is a WND minion. I don't believe anything these people say. How would he know anyway? Just a bunch of right wing paranoia inducing propaganda.

Pathetic that this gossip based thread got any flags.
edit on 22-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Not worried about the DARPA robot, still in R&D and far from being used, notice all the wires coming from the ceiling. There because the computing and power source is still from an external source as the internal source hasn't yet been developed.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Bilk22

The military relies on the same infrastructure as the civilian population. Roads, power, fuel.

Logistically, it'd be a stretch.

Not if he declares a state of emergency in the nation and declares these orders www.sweetliberty.org... that are posted on this. Then logistics is on his side all the way.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

As apposed to whom? Not saying this article is correct or factual in any way, but we really have no reliable news source. MSM has proven that they are as trustworthy as a used car salesman with "crazy" in his name. When something comes from an alternate media source, people like you say it's garbage. So which news source are we to believe? The sad fact is, we have to take what we can get and decide for ourselves.

That being said, I won't put a whole lot of stock into this until there's more on it. If one source says something, but doesn't name their source, there's nothing of note really, but if several report this or something similar, then there's something to go on at least.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

It's still a logistical stretch with a huge chunk of forces deployed elsewhere, and over 300,000,000 people to attend to over an area of 2,959,064.44 square miles. That would be a complete logistics nightmare. There's no way to argue otherwise.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Transitarian

You'd be surprised. Many times while I was in the service I heard people boasting that they joined so they could kill people. They didn't specify who, so with mindsets like that, who could say whether or not they'd be willing to shoot upon their own country's Civilians.

There are so many things being said about current events these days that I don't know what to believe, however.

Whenever I heard some idiot spout stuff like that I would publicly chew the @$$ out and then PT them until I was tired.

Everyone of them had also never deployed yet either and when they did and came back home, they never said stupid stuff like that again.

But there are nutters everywhere.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I think drones are the real way they'd do things if it was large scale. They could take out lots of people and this probably why they're going after assault type weapons, because of the stories of people who've shot down drones. Possibly anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This whole thing reminds me of Babylon 5 when Sheridan had to lead an insurrection against his own government. In that series the president of earth declared Martial law, but before he did he made sure he had all his people in the right places to make sure that he could hold the takeover once he declared Martial law. Of course a few General's resisted by acting like they would follow the new mandate. This just strikes me as odd. But hey in the end of that show the good captain of Babylon 5 was able to give earth back to its Voters. I just hope we are able to do the same because this is no TV series. This is the real deal. No retreat No Surrender!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Soldiers all over the world in many different countries have fired on thier own people when ordered to do so, what why would US soldiers abe any different? Especially when faced with a dishonourable discharge and a couple of years in prison. They have mortgages and car loans too you know. In the words of Judas Iscariot Hogswallop "you see, they got this here thing depression, I gotta do for me and mine".

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by skorpius
This whole thing reminds me of Babylon 5 when Sheridan had to lead an insurrection against his own government. In that series the president of earth declared Martial law, but before he did he made sure he had all his people in the right places to make sure that he could hold the takeover once he declared Martial law. Of course a few General's resisted by acting like they would follow the new mandate. This just strikes me as odd. But hey in the end of that show the good captain of Babylon 5 was able to give earth back to its Voters. I just hope we are able to do the same because this is no TV series. This is the real deal. No retreat No Surrender!!

In the spirit of this post, Kosh knows where we stand right now.

'The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote'.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The level of Generals and Admirals relieved, retired or transferred seems to have accelerated since the Bengazi incident.

Much like civilian mass shooter incidents and gun control, Bengazi could be thought of as a military version of "never let a crisis go to waste" type thing where a few provided the excuse to purge ranks.

I agree with other posters that the question "will you shoot civilians" is to direct and that would get out quickly were it the case. Flag officers are first and foremost highly educated political animals by nature and would not be in their positions otherwise.

If vetting is going on it may be by challenging doctrine of generals and admirals as set forth in college, war college and other settings where flag officers had to hypothetically lay down ideas for unusual situations such as quelling of internal or external rebellions and other civil actions foreign or domestic - from these vetting a list could be done based on expressed ideology.

Once an idealogical list is made its not a far stretch to formulate small situations to confirm loyalty either with moles or by covert actions and orders that confirm or deny loyalty.

All conjecture at this point but a subject that bears watching. NY seems to be testing ground for finding out how hard a push the public will stand for with its gun law and if one uses that as an example then timing can be discerned by its deadline for registration.

Maybe a kind of redlight, greenlight or caution signal depending on reaction of public to what many consider a draconian and unconstitutional law.

I am going to re-read my history on Russian and German military purges for guidance, specifically about vetting, criteria and loyalty tests.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Phoenix because: sp

edit on 22-1-2013 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by Ex_CT2

so will they survey all troops and discharge those who mark "NO" to Question 1: Would you be willing to shoot your neighbors if your commanding officer said it was a good idea? how will the psychopath be segregated from the normal young soldier who loves his mother? and what happens if they're deployed side by side on to Main Street?

No. they won't ask anything like that. It would be way too obvious, It would have to be done by using a psychological profile test so they answer the question without knowing what the question was. I'm sure by the end of basic training they have a pretty solid profile of each of them anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join