It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock claim: Obama only wants military leaders who 'will fire on U.S. citizens'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+162 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

On Monday, renowned author and humanitarian Dr. Jim Garrow made a shocking claim about what we can expect to see in Obama's second term.

Garrow made the following Facebook post:

I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new “litmus test” in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks. “The new litmus test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not.” Those who will not are being removed.

So, who is the source?

Garrow replied: “The man who told me this is one of America’s foremost military heroes.”

www.examiner.com...

The article goes on to list this person's credentials as formidable, but I put this in skunk works because- well, it's hearsay.

But hearsay that could possibly make sense. Given his recent termination of Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis, which has made the rounds in the news lately, I don't see this story being out of the realm of possibility whatsoever.

If we only we had a little more corroboration, say, from someone in the US military that might step forward with a comment or two?

And further, why would this NOT be true? Hell, those soldiers in the National Guard during Katrina were absolutely ready to kill any American who would not give up their weapon. They even tackled granny!

In addition to this, we know they've been buying up ammo to the point that even the cops are having a hard time getting it, not to mention civilians. They've got surveillance everywhere, installing more all the time. They've paved the way for drones to blanket the skies, and you've seen the riot tanks marked "Special Operations".

You military had better damn well figure out who the hell's side you're on pretty damn soon.

Because either you're with us- or you're with the terrorists.
edit on Mon Jan 21st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
unless the generals themselves are going to gear up and go door to door killing civilians, they still have to rely on their troops, most of whom i doubt would be willing to kill Americans at the whim of our Terrorist in Chief. i think a large percentage of them would flat refuse.

+98 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I mean crap, we're hearing constantly about all these military drills that Alex Jones has exposed for years where they explicitly train to do exactly that.

I mean what soldier in their right mind could sit there and endure that kind of training for The Corporation, knowing that he might have to kill his own brother one day? Or his mom or dad? How about your sister, you bastard, you gonna shoot her too when she tells you that she is opposed to tyranny?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Let's see if this guy gets hit by a bus crossing the street now.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
unless the generals themselves are going to gear up and go door to door killing civilians, they still have to rely on their troops, most of whom i doubt would be willing to kill Americans at the whim of our Terrorist in Chief. i think a large percentage of them would flat refuse.

I wouldn't count on that too much. If the "current resident of the White House" (as I refer to him) is smart enough to figure it out, then those generals are smart enough to figure out that they'll need to have soldiers who are psychologically capable of doing as they're told. (Told, that is, to fire on civilians.)

And those soldiers exist--and enough of them, I have no doubt....

ETA: You know, it's all very well to hope for the best. But I have a sneaking suspicion that this is all about to come to a bad end, and pretty soon too.
edit on 1/21/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Of course he is. It's just unfortunate there are still so many people that don't think there is a plan. No agenda here! They just go with the flow, right? They WILL do everything they can to advance their plans.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Id wager this is true and as far as soldiers wont fire on citizens it would depend on the classification of those citizens. Police and atf who generally consist of former military fired on civilians including children after being classified as cultisits. We have already been deemed terrorists for a multitude of reasons so yea I think many of them will. Maybe unknowingly after being lied to for some and others because screw it orders are orders propaganda is king in the war on terror.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

On Monday, renowned author and humanitarian Dr. Jim Garrow made a shocking claim about what we can expect to see in Obama's second term.

Garrow made the following Facebook post:

I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new “litmus test” in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks. “The new litmus test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not.” Those who will not are being removed.

So, who is the source?

Garrow replied: “The man who told me this is one of America’s foremost military heroes.”

www.examiner.com...

The article goes on to list this person's credentials as formidable, but I put this in skunk works because- well, it's hearsay.

But hearsay that could possibly make sense. Given his recent termination of Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis, which has made the rounds in the news lately, I don't see this story being out of the realm of possibility whatsoever.

If we only we had a little more corroboration, say, from someone in the US military that might step forward with a comment or two?

And further, why would this NOT be true? Hell, those soldiers in the National Guard during Katrina were absolutely ready to kill any American who would not give up their weapon. They even tackled granny!

You military had better damn well figure out who the hell's side you're on pretty damn soon.

Because either you're with us- or you're with the terrorists.
edit on Mon Jan 21st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Let's see if this guy gets hit by a bus crossing the street now.

Or has a "heart attack"....

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Let's table-top this.

The economy collapses.
The grid is down.
Riots in the streets.
Mass starvation.
Massive movement in the streets, migration to safer areas.
And our military is going to impact 300 million plus?

I am highly speculative.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Let's table-top this.

The economy collapses.
The grid is down.
Riots in the streets.
Mass starvation.

I am highly speculative.

This isn't like our misadventures into foreign lands where we're only concerned with the supposed bad guys. Everyone will be considered a bad guy until proven otherwise. It's in the NDAA. So yeah I think they can impose their will on 300million people who are so far removed from war unlike the people in the lands we invade. The people won't know what hit them or how to respond because it hasn't happened in 150 years.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Let's table-top this.

The economy collapses.
The grid is down.
Riots in the streets.
Mass starvation.

I am highly speculative.

No doubt, the numbers are with the citizens.. regardless of the fact that our soldiers are our own sons, daughters, and family.
BTW, I betcha his source was a certain Brigadier General we all know and love...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

The military relies on the same infrastructure as the civilian population. Roads, power, fuel.

Logistically, it'd be a stretch.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

so will they survey all troops and discharge those who mark "NO" to Question 1: Would you be willing to shoot your neighbors if your commanding officer said it was a good idea? how will the psychopath be segregated from the normal young soldier who loves his mother? and what happens if they're deployed side by side on to Main Street?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Bilk22

The military relies on the same infrastructure as the civilian population. Roads, power, fuel.

Logistically, it'd be a stretch.
But when they control the infrastructure, then what?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

ETA: You know, it's all very well to hope for the best. But I have a sneaking suspicion that this is all about to come to a bad end, and pretty soon too.

With the economy in the tank and high unemployment.
Nearly 50% of the population dependent on some form of entitlement.
That in itself is a recipe for disaster if and when the SHTF time comes.

Can you imagine half of our population in an up-rise if they don't get their monthly hand outs????

Total civil unrest and chaos would ensue. Many would die....
Then.........Martial Law

Hence why they are pushing for stricter gun legislation all of a sudden.

I would think that the soldiers would be told some BS story about the reason for firing upon the citizens.
Now then, whether or not they question what they are told is another story.
They are trained and programmed to follow orders, but I have a feeling that some would refuse.
What the repercussion of the refusal of an order would be in a dire situation like that, I haven't the foggiest.
They themselves may get shot......just saying.

edit on 21-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Realistically, the military is stretched thin. Much of the equipment is still in Sandland. Troops are tired, demoralized. Drawdowns in manpower AND equipment have been occurring for over a year since we left Iraq.

"In Theory" the idea may have merit, but in practice?

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I can hardly wait till tomorrow, when an Unknown Source says Obama came from Outer Space, to eat us all.

Really, Have all you People lost your ability of Critical Thinking.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Another war mongering news article, nothing more. This is, most assuredly, to incite distaste for the current regime.. imho I'm not putting much stock in this scenario. That's coming from a military vet.

I would classify this with the pro 2nd Amendment propaganda that's going around on FaceBook.
edit on 21-1-2013 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It was the New Orleans (NO) Cops who tackled the old lady....but us troops were quoted as saying that, if given the order, they would kill citizens.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
This is kinda scary IF there is any basis to it because there *IS* a scenario where it works and U.S Troops would, in my opinion, fire on U.S. Civilians without more than the expected hesitation of firing on any civilians. Two things HAVE to happen first...but only 2.

The Internet HAS to shut down or lock down. One of the two, but free and unrestricted net based communication HAS to come to a sudden and unexpected stop without time or notice to even discuss the fact THAT is happening.

Wireless and Satellite Communications likewise have to shut down or lock down. Satellites are probably much easier because there are fewer of them than ISP points and domestic means to connect if it's not locked down right.

The end result is a situation of normal one moment ....and your WHOLE WORLD becomes no more than what you can visually SEE or hear for the indefinite future. No News and NO way to get independent news. What we know is what we're told in single source emergency fashion. Likewise, the troops aren't magical. If we're down, so are they without the dedicated military systems meant to bypass it all ...and they are also designed with the internal controls which make them safe to leave operating under watch.

After that happens? Well hell... You can tell the troops anything you want for a story to make sense ...then make sure the city or town being cleared that night is pissy about something so they're agitated and appearing to be all worked up. The story to the troops fits and if played right, the townsfolk can be fed info right to start reacting VERY badly to the troop's arrival..further enforcing the B.S. line they deployed under that night.

Result? You have troops as confused and devoid of credible information as anyone else and NO ONE wants to quit the safety of numbers and organization while there is total uncertainty beyond that. As long as the confusion and lack of information could be maintained? Those running things would have uncoordinated resistance at best and again...The troops just get told THOSE domestic terrorists are among the minority of radical extremists that CAUSED it all to happen. No communication BETWEEN units which isn't official. Remember? So...your small units wouldn't even know that ALL of them are getting the same tasking to different "minority extremist cells" to purge. Not till it was all over or someone REALLY screwed up.

Have a nice night thinking on that one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join