It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

That sounds very sensible and astute, but to what end?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I disagree with the large majority of everyone's comments.

Firstly AJ is very informed but crazy!

Secondly everyone is saying he is making conspiracy theorists look bad
Why?

Who made him your spokesman? The entire community, ok fine I get it
But to acknowledge that label just makes you part of the system.

Don't look for another spokesperson, be your own person rather.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree. AJ isn't "very informed". He takes small snippets of information and suppositions and blows them up beyond their status into massive conspiracy theories.

I much prefer David Icke, who says "take what I say as a basis, but please do some research and make up your own minds". While I don't believe with some of what Icke says (such as lizard people) other info is very good. Alex Jones is just completely unhinged much of the time.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Would I trust a man who conducts himself like that with a semi-automatic weapon?

Nope.

He can't even hold a civil conversation.

But that's just my opinion.

Just had to quote that to reiterate.

If he is a face of across the board gun rights (including assault and semi automatics and large magazines) Then I'm frightened.

I've read posters in this thread saying AJ was talking for all gun owners and taking comments about AJ personally and saying "WE support him, or he represents US"

Equally as frightening that there may be millions more rage filled, uncontrollable people out there with semi-automatics or assault weapons who think screaming and raging is a "good" show on AJ's part.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by TauCetixeta

But everyone who signed the petition to deport PM assaulted the 1st so.......

The 1st has limitations so......bye, bye Piers Morgan.
Go back to London.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
We are not going to give up our guns. Get over it. Move on.

Criminals don't respect the law anyway and get guns illegally anyway.

These anti-gun nuts are crazy to think what happens in chicago or new york won't spread when the criminals realize they can feed freely on us now.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You really think your Government will deport him? lol right ok.
Look If you don't like him do not watch his show but I find it hypocritical that people will sign a petition to deport him when he has done nothing wrong, he is just saying what he thinks is right.
If that is illegal in the USA then you are not free at all.
edit on 8-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
We are not going to give up our guns. Get over it. Move on.

Criminals don't respect the law anyway and get guns illegally anyway.

These anti-gun nuts are crazy to think what happens in chicago or new york won't spread when the criminals realize they can feed freely on us now.

Now you did it! Why did you have to introduce common sense?
The criminals don't respect the law and get ALL of their guns illegally.
So much for that magic wand solution.

Guns will ALWAYS be here.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Also doesn't the 2nd have limitations? please tell me I do not know but seeing you can not have fully automatic guns or a nuclear bomb isn't that a limitation?
edit on 8-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
For god sake, are people still moaning that alex should have done a better job?

He is only a man not a damn god. While you are all here moaning from your armchairs there happens to be war criminals in office who he is attacking if you hadnt noticed. I havent seen any of you publically attacking these war criminals?

Its easy for a coward to attack someone who isnt here to defend themselves, try attacking me for a change.

Rather than demonising the "man" maybe some of you should show some guts yourselves. Either put up or .... Is my opinion.

link   
reply to post by queenofswords

I understand where you are coming from. You want everybody to live in love and light and peace...and just get along. I, too, imagine such a world.

I imagine you may just mean this the way it sounds - but it's pure condescension

I grew up with guns - and people who know how to use them

Do not (like so many do) suppose that I and people like me look at the world through rose colored glasses - our lives, intentions - hopes and dreams - are not based on fantasy

Or lollipops and nursery rhymes

Much of the most difficult work towards a better tomorrow in this life and on this planet is being done by peaceful people - without weapons

But, that world is not here....yet. World governments and society itself are creating an atmosphere that is feeding degenerate behavior, psychopathic irresponsible people, greed for what others have, and a hunger for power and control. It is slowly tearing down the once noble foundations that built individual responsibility, moral character, and reverence for life and liberty. It is becoming a scarier world for those that love and honor those things.

These people are also fueling the weapons industry - you're playing your part. Or the part they'd have you play - depending on how you look at it

You have a narrow view. You actually think that by taking away the 2A (or even considering it), somehow all will be right in the world. Your hopes are valid, but naive and somewhat blurred. It is indeed a conundrum.

Check yourself my friend - you have no idea what I really think, want - see or understand - so don't be so fast to decide these things for me - are you really so lazy and fearful as that?

:-)

I don't demand that we repeal anything. However, any group or person that sees compromise as a declaration of war is someone we should all suspect

link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It got talked over I think but Morgan mentioned that Thomas Jefferson said the second should be reviewed every 20 years...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
First of all, I don't like Piers... it's a gut thing without reason. Secondly, I don't like AJ much either, mostly because he just yells a lot. But I have to say that, after watching the CNN video, AJ comes across like a raving lunatic while Piers kept his composure like a champion.

When AJ started mocking Piers by aping his accent, that was about the lowest I've seen anyone EVER go in an interview.

AJ, if you're reading this, I think you need to chill big-time, because you're making us all look bad.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Did he really say that? and If so who decided to ignore it? let me guess The colt company

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

www.freerepublic.com...

Periodic revolution, “at least once every 20 years,” was “a medicine necessary for the sound health of government.”
© Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That was a poor demonstration on the part of Mr. Jones, to be speaking on behalf of the American gun owners and portray yourself as out of touch or seemingly aggressive. Most people who watch daily news on television had no idea about some of which Alex ranted on about.

IMO his lack of self control and basic manners will only give further credence to the general populace that embrace media information and watched this interview too believe even more gun owners are raging lunatics. If I were a misinformed individual or ill informed, this interview would probably make me believe that gun control is needed.

However the case Alex drops a few notches on the respect-o-meter from me. Very poor communication skills and his hostility only match or appear to match the agenda. Almost seems as if it was staged.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

So has it been reviewed at all? and when?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Alex Jones shot himself in the foot here. He gets on CNN, with the opportunity to explain the purpose of the 2nd amendment and its importance, but gets on and shouts and interrupts and jumps from topic to topic nonstop on a level that makes Bill O Reilly look like a gentleman.

He is an embarrassment to people who share his views. I'm just imagining the field day that the mainstream media is going to have with this, playing soundbytes of him looking like crazy, getting their viewers to associate those who have similar views to his with this horrible display of rudeness and apparent insanity.

I honestly can't even tell myself that he was genuine here. To me, it seems more like he went on there and was a part of the whole media gag, and just made himself look like a kook on purpose. Maybe I'm wrong there, but that's beside the point. I used to have a lot of respect for Alex Jones, and at this point I'm honestly a little ashamed to admit that.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is what happens when you play it nice and calm. You get called a "stupid man." Alex didnt go there to win freinds, he went there to tell or even yell the truth. Have people forgotten what a slimeball morgan is? I for one am glad Alex took a bite out of his a*se.

edit on 8-1-2013 by TheMindWar because: Typo

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

This is not a debate. Just a PR boxing match.

It is red meat for their respective bases.

Piers wins big with the liberal soccer mom/liberal family types as a sound down to earth compromise.
Sound logical people will like his approach over alex's character attacks and randomness.

Alex wins big with inject a lot of truths on mainstream cable that undecided skeptics will look up and be awakened to how truly corrupt governments can be if you let them violate the frameworks they are bound by.

Alex wins in america but loses in UK because people here in the US are MTV-ADHD and critically thinking retarded and will tend to remember small soundbites over actual logic and reason. Even if the logic and reason is flawed or biased(in the anti-gun movement's case).

Piers just got schooled by Alex playing dirty tricks on him and attacking him and making him look weak and servile.

That was important.
edit on 8-1-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
That was the best 15 mins of Piers Morgan i have ever seen.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join