It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
Alex Jones shot himself in the foot here. He gets on CNN, with the opportunity to explain the purpose of the 2nd amendment and its importance, but gets on and shouts and interrupts and jumps from topic to topic nonstop on a level that makes Bill O Reilly look like a gentleman.

He is an embarrassment to people who share his views. I'm just imagining the field day that the mainstream media is going to have with this, playing soundbytes of him looking like crazy, getting their viewers to associate those who have similar views to his with this horrible display of rudeness and apparent insanity.

I honestly can't even tell myself that he was genuine here. To me, it seems more like he went on there and was a part of the whole media gag, and just made himself look like a kook on purpose. Maybe I'm wrong there, but that's beside the point. I used to have a lot of respect for Alex Jones, and at this point I'm honestly a little ashamed to admit that.

Alex Jones had to shout and interrupt to throw Piers Morgan off his game. It worked!
Alex scorched him!

For someone who is being labeled "crazy" Alex Jones sure is on a lot of networks.
Oh look! He has a successful radio show.
Maybe, he's not so crazy after all.
Alex Jones - Radio + TV

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
This is what happens when you play it nice and calm. You get called a "stupid man." Alex didnt go there to win freinds, he went there to tell or even yell the truth. Have people forgotten what a slimeball morgan is? I for one am glad Alex took a bite out of his a*se.

edit on 8-1-2013 by TheMindWar because: Typo

^ This.

I'm glad AJ said what needed to be said to this sniveling hack face to face and on national TV, especially when he calls him a hatchet man for the NWO

The only problem was AJ was spitting out too many facts too fast, and all Piers could do was repeat the same dumbfounded questions over and over again that everyone already knew the answers to. Piers tells AJ to stay on topic then in the last 3 minutes Piers pulls out the 9/11 card, what a tool.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

What is to stop criminals/terrorists from getting nuclear weapons or fully automatic weapons if they are going to illegally murder people with them?

Come on guys/gals wake up...

Alex had the decency to attack him to his face and call him out in public on his own show.
edit on 8-1-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Fallacy. Appeal to success.

Being famous does not exempt you from being crazy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by WaterBottle

Piers Moran is a child killer? Because that is who he went up against.

More of a child upsetter...

I've never seen this but it got an honest laugh outta me lol thanks for the link

edit on 8-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: omg my typing is awful

link   
reply to post by Dispo

Are you a psychoanalyst?

How are you qualified to condemn someone as mentally ill if your not a trained/educated mental health practitioner.

link   

Originally posted by Dispo

Fallacy. Appeal to success.

Being famous does not exempt you from being crazy.

If you disagree with the liberal agenda you are clearly crazy.
Now that you have been labeled "crazy" you have no credibility and can be
quickly dismissed and ignored.
Well now. Isn't that clever?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Gun Control is an idiotic concept. If free Citizens don't control the guns, criminals will control them and you will have gun cartels like you have drug cartels. This is why I'm for legalizing drugs and Prostitution. When Governments "control" these things criminals get rich from drugs and enslaving women as prostitutes. You should try to stop guns from going to places that are most destructive like the mentally disturbed and gangs. Gun Control talk in America is pure nonsense.

link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I never said anything of the sort, all I said was that success cannot be used as evidence of sanity.

link   
Respect for AJ having the balls to go right into the belly of the beast and say what needed to be said, too bad we live in a nation of know it all spectators.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Sigh. I never said he was crazy, I said that your claim that it's impossible for him to be crazy because of his success is fallacious.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit
Respect for AJ having the balls to go right into the belly of the beast and say what needed to be said, too bad we live in a nation of know it all spectators.

It's not What you say, but How You Say It. == Alex needs to learn, IMHO

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Your indirectly implying or suggesting that he is mentally ill.

You are pretty sly my friend.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

No I'm not. If that's how you want to take my post, take it that way, but it's not how I intended it.

I saw a logical fallacy being used in a debate I don't care about, and logical fallacies really grind my gears, so I jumped in to point it out.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
But if your a criminal trying to find a weapon doesn't the fact that lots of people own them make it easier to get a hold of one?
For example wait until someone goes to work and you know their house is empty and then break in and steal it. Thus putting a once legal and probably very well looked after and maintained firearm in the hands of a criminal.

And surely it stands to reason that the more firearms that are produced and in circulation then the more likely it is for some to fall into the hands of criminals.

Your country is massive and some people would be in very remote areas far away from any sort of official help should something happen, i would dare say most of us would want to be armed if we lived somewhere like that.
So given that I can see how making a law that is sensible and fair could be tricky but at the same time you can't hand on heart say the status quo is right either and the answer can't really be more guns.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Originally posted by Konduit

It's not What you say, but How You Say It. == Alex needs to learn, IMHO

Alex had to go on the attack.
The CNN interview was a " set up " to dismantle Alex Jones with cooked up statistics.
You can make numbers say whatever you what them to say.

Alex Jones played it just right.

edit on 8-1-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77
Jesse Ventura I can stand behind, this was a shining example of how to properly get your points across without sounding like a lunatic. It is possible for one to get valid points across without screaming, ranting, raving, and throwing a temper tantrum.

Jesse Ventura is a politician trying to convice. Alex Jones doesn't need anybody's vote. He used the opportunity of being on national television to serve a notice.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

If free Citizens don't control the guns, criminals will control them and you will have gun cartels like you have drug cartels.

Free citizens don't control the guns - and the NRA is a cartel

Explain to me - if you can - how Nancy Lanza fits into your statement

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

After watching this interview my first thought is they really must want our guns pretty bad.

AJ has to be a tool for the TPTB. Why else would he act this way? They wanted to marginalize gun owners as crazy. The problem with the pro-gun movement is we have no leaders. The NRA is a joke and I believe part of the TPTB.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join