It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

I was being anal and pedantic, you meant to use the word magazine in that context, not clip.

The point I was leading up to is this: 4-5 rounds in a magazine is not enough for self defence.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

and I KNOW I am a TRUE American and sadly many are not. They are fooling them self into believing they are though.

what's a TRUE American?

It's a genuine question MamaJ - sincerely hoping you won't blow this off

I wonder what it is you mean
edit on 1/8/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Whatever you say big lad.

But, tell me, 4-5 rounds for defense isn't enough? If your that bad a shot it's argument enough for you not to have a gun

and you couldn't reload another 4/5 round clip quickly if needed?
edit on 8-1-2013 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

If everyone might agree that any citizen of the United States is a "True American" then maybe the disgusting, divisive, "you're either with me politically or I'm against you completely", fear mongering utilized ad nauseum by both sides of the political spectrum would not run American politics and the populace might embark on thoughtful discussion of the very serious issues facing both the United States and the earth itself.

Will this ever happen? Probably not, but you know what; it IS possible. Each of us only has about 100 years on this 4.5 billion year old planet; how about each of us make the most of the time allotted to us, enjoy each other as people and try to understand and get to know those whose viewpoints might differ from our own; then we can truly experience the global patchwork that makes up this planet.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
reply to post by Dispo

Whatever you say big lad.

But, tell me, 4-5 rounds for defense isn't enough? If your that bad a shot it's argument enough for you not to have a gun

and you couldn't reload another 4/5 round clip quickly if needed?
edit on 8-1-2013 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

No. Hard to believe huh? The police have fired dozens of bullets at single individuals and failed to bring one down with 15 hits.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
at the lets have a reasoned debate and come to a compromise.

Alright, lets have a debate on your right to use the internet and come to a compromise. Lets have a reasoned debate on your right to express yourself and come to a compromise. You don't need the internet, you don't need expression. Why do you need it. You need to justify it to me or we'll take it away.

Lets have a reasoned debate on your need for more than 300 calories a day. You don't need more than that. I have case studies from the Soviet Union, China, and Germany citing your ability to survive on less. Lets compromise - 500? 600?

Do you people get the point? We aren't compromising. You are wasting your breath.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

We are talking about defense, like a rapist in your house or a burglar, so come on man, dozens of bullets?
Ever hear of the word overkill?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

to add:

Since we apparently can't 'identify' or 'fix' the minds of those who commit such heinous crimes against society, let's just take away their means of so
... until they find another.
which they will

Yeah. ^^ That's a real sound solution to the problem ^^ :shk:

edit on 1/8/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by ararisq

We are talking about defense, like a rapist in your house or a burglar, so come on man, dozens of bullets?
Ever hear of the word overkill?

A story this week of a woman that shot an intruder 5 times in the face (one miss). Emptied the revolver and the intruder lived.

There is no such thing as overkill when defending your life and those around you. That was one intruder - had there been two her and her two children might be dead.

Try again.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

You could have found it while reading the post of which I replied to.... MajorKarma said it much better than I ever could.

Read it for yourself.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Was the guy still coming at her after the first or second round hit though?

If you had been the intruders buddy would you not maybe of thought twice having seen your mate getting shot in the face?

I know, questions and ifs, but at same time you just can't pluck examples like that and use it as a broad brush without asking them.

Oh, and I am NOT a commie

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit

Originally posted by TheMindWar
This is what happens when you play it nice and calm. You get called a "stupid man." Alex didnt go there to win freinds, he went there to tell or even yell the truth. Have people forgotten what a slimeball morgan is? I for one am glad Alex took a bite out of his a*se.

edit on 8-1-2013 by TheMindWar because: Typo

^ This.

I'm glad AJ said what needed to be said to this sniveling hack face to face and on national TV, especially when he calls him a hatchet man for the NWO

The only problem was AJ was spitting out too many facts too fast, and all Piers could do was repeat the same dumbfounded questions over and over again that everyone already knew the answers to. Piers tells AJ to stay on topic then in the last 3 minutes Piers pulls out the 9/11 card, what a tool.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

I disagree, I have more respect for this pro Consitution advocate and not so much for the way Alex Jones acted last night. Yes, Piers came off as a total jackass in this interview, but reasonable intelligent people see it for what it is. The ravings of an idiot that can't argue a point logically. Alex's best option would have been to let Piers come off as the raving idiot, not take the spotlight from him in being the raving lunatic. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hey, if you want to argue that the Constitution should be amended to cancel out the 2nd amendment then go for it. You have to get 66% of the Senate and the House to amend the Constitution. The amendment then has to be sent to all 50 states and convince 75% of the state legislatures to ratify it.

The right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

Anything else is a crime against the singular document holding the Republic of the United States together. Any other action risks tearing (which is probably the end goal by the proponents) the United States apart. We have a well defined legal process for having this 'reasoned debate' play out.

NONE of these gun-grabbers want to do it that way. They know that it requires 75% of the country to agree and your support is probably around 25% right now.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

See, thats thoughtful and I could/can very well do just that, however not many people on this Planet are like that.

Once upon a time I thought people were a lot like me. Then I woke up to the real world.

People are becoming crazier and crazier. I have my speculations as to why but thats not what this thread is about. Alex Jones is a voice. His voice last night didn't want to debate he wanted and did spit out facts without a care in the world to what the host of the show had to say. I like his style.
There is no room for a debate so he didn't give him one. Bravo to Alex!

A True American in my eyes will not allow their government to continue going down this path of destruction. A True American will no doubt be on the side of the Nation that is People of the United States of America.... not the rich elite who are driving the bus into the swamp.

For the ones who are not ready to rise up and make a stand for your rights and the rights of We The People.... then I suggest meds and sleep because thats what "they" want and you can succumb to that want right now.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Was the guy still coming at her after the first or second round hit though?

OBJECTION, supposition

If you had been the intruders buddy would you not maybe of thought twice having seen your mate getting shot in the face?

I know, questions and ifs, but at same time you just can't pluck examples like that and use it as a broad brush without asking them.

OBJECTION, supposition

Jesus, this whole debate is based on a couple of plucked examples.

I am resigned to the fact that no matter how many people I present to you that have been murdered - because they were disarmed - by government and by criminals that it won't matter.

Facts and historical evidence is some how irrelevant. Only sentiment, hearsay, and supposition seems to rule the day.
edit on 1/8/2013 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77
Jesse Ventura I can stand behind, this was a shining example of how to properly get your points across without sounding like a lunatic. It is possible for one to get valid points across without screaming, ranting, raving, and throwing a temper tantrum.

Jesse Ventura is a politician trying to convice. Alex Jones doesn't need anybody's vote. He used the opportunity of being on national television to serve a notice.

I disagree, yes Alex Jones isn't a politician and isn't running for office, in that you are correct. However, you can't convince people that are undecided (waking up the masses) of your point of view by acting unhinged. There is a right way to get your message to the people that have open minds, and imitating a rabid raccoon isn't it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I was asking you

:-)

I know you have it in you - what is a true American?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by MamaJ

I was asking you

:-)

I know you have it in you - what is a true American?

I don't get this whole 'lets have a reasoned debate'. You just did what Piece did last night. Ask a question, receive a response, and then ask the question again. When I ask someone a question and they give me an answer then I take that as an answer. I read what MamaJ wrote, I clicked the link, and I read the passage being referred to and I understood it.

That isn't a debate. I don't know what it is. I'm not used to having to tell people the same thing 10-20 times and them still they didn't receive an answer.
edit on 1/8/2013 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Personally I don't think Americans should give up their guns, I understand how many of you would actually NEED them never mind wanting them.
This is just a debate on the internet, and personally speaking I am just interested in understanding why so many of you feel you need to be so heavily armed.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join