It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

We aren't fools and we aren't deluded by communist propaganda. We are not discussing this any further. You don't like the law of the land - leave.

I could say the same to you

:-)

I live in a land (at least for the time being) where reasonable people talk things out and work towards reasonable solutions to their problems

Fear-mongers and armed fraidy-cats are the stuff of nightmares

Pacifism is not for cowards

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

On one hand, I agree to your "dis-service" statement. He turns some people off by his demeanor. But when Larry Pratt (Gun Owners of America) comes on Morgan's show, he acts classy. He is told by an arrogant Piers Morgan that he is "an incredibly stupid man".

So, in this case - Morgan got what's coming to him. The time to be civil to people like that is over.

If you see Joe Blow on the street, have a decent debate with him. He doesn't run his own biased "news" program.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by ararisq

Those photos you just posted - what do they prove?

What you fail to see is that your continued demands will guarantee these very things. The only difference is - you will be on the side with the guns

Feel safe and righteous if you want - your worst fears are the stuff of self fulfilling prophecy

Last post on this. What I just pasted was evidence of a QUARTER BILLION. 250,000,000,000. 9 ZEROS. A quarter BILLION humans just like the 20 children 1 ZERO murdered at Sandy Hook. Except these were murdered by the people that they trusted to keep them safe.

IT IS THE REASON that the people that founded this country included the 2nd amendment. It is WHY we not only need high capacity magazines to prevent loss of liberty by a tyrannical government but we should actually be allowed larger weapons.

I'm sorry people die from criminals but I will not be a citizen in a country where my life hinges upon an election and the will of the majority.

If you want to continue ignoring reality, ignoring the past 100 years of history, ignoring FREAKING CURRENT NEWS, then go ahead.
edit on 1/8/2013 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I disagree with the large majority of everyone's comments.

Firstly AJ is very informed but crazy!

Secondly everyone is saying he is making conspiracy theorists look bad
Why?

Who made him your spokesman? The entire community, ok fine I get it
But to acknowledge that label just makes you part of the system.

Don't look for another spokesperson, be your own person rather.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Last post on this

promises, promises...

:-)

We're not safe ararisq - and the weapons won't make anybody any safer

Life is not simple or easy

Freedom - is not simple, or easy

The tools of death bring only death

You think this is unreasonable and untrue?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by lee anoma

The thing is, he could have kicked Piers ass down the street intellectually if he composed himself better.

Seriously, Piers would have been completely humiliated, but now it's the other way around. You have to start wondering if they're being paid by the same people.

Alex Jones should have talked to Jesse before the show.

Jesse could have done better as well though. The fact that he brought up the BBC video hurt is argument. He should have talked about how building 7 fell at free fall speed due to small office fires. Well anyway, it would be awesome if someone on this forum could go on National TV. Talk about completely humiliating the MSM.

Jesse Ventura I can stand behind, this was a shining example of how to properly get your points across without sounding like a lunatic. It is possible for one to get valid points across without screaming, ranting, raving, and throwing a temper tantrum.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I live in a land (at least for the time being) where reasonable people talk things out and work towards reasonable solutions to their problems

Fear-mongers and armed fraidy-cats are the stuff of nightmares

Pacifism is not for cowards

We are the stuff of nightmares? Jesus Christ. We are average normal people. We don't so much as look at our guns unless we need them. We are armed to prevent evil men from doing evil things. Our presence is the only deterrent required. Remove us and its not just United States citizens that will be massacred, the UK, the EU, Asia will follow. It is our defense of liberty and human rights that prevents tyranny on the world stage. I don't know maybe its because I pay attention to the news around the world, and see the trend that make me want to defend my liberty.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Would I trust a man who conducts himself like that with a semi-automatic weapon?

Nope.

He can't even hold a civil conversation.

But that's just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

spiramirabilis
I understand where you are coming from. You want everybody to live in love and light and peace...and just get along. I, too, imagine such a world.

But, that world is not here....yet. World governments and society itself are creating an atmosphere that is feeding degenerate behavior, psychopathic irresponsible people, greed for what others have, and a hunger for power and control. It is slowly tearing down the once noble foundations that built individual responsibility, moral character, and reverence for life and liberty. It is becoming a scarier world for those that love and honor those things.

You have a narrow view. You actually think that by taking away the 2A (or even considering it), somehow all will be right in the world. Your hopes are valid, but naive and somewhat blurred. It is indeed a conundrum.

2A advocates (true advocates) understand a deeper level of this issue. The 2A is vital to America's TRUE liberty. By America, I mean The People.....NOT the government.

This is not science fiction where the future is without war, crime, greed, hate, and jealousy. If the future of our planet is without those things, great!! But, we are nowhere near that state (if ever we will be) and the 2A we, as Americans, hold sacred must not be infringed upon. It cannot be allowed to happen. Some people show their passion about it a little more, that's all.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Do you seriously propose that they don't at least have a responsibility to discuss this situation reasonably, intelligently - calmly and with respect?

We have no responsibility at all. We pay attention and we understand that our fathers before us went through this and had to die by the thousands to secure our liberties. We aren't fools and we aren't deluded by communist propaganda. We are not discussing this any further. You don't like the law of the land - leave.

'Communist propaganda'??? How is this communist propaganda? Do you even know what communism is?
Making silly statements doesn't help further your side of the argument.

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by boymonkey74
In a decent society when two groups of people disagree with each other they sit down and talk and maybe come to a compromise, but you have just done what AJ did, lose his cool and use violence or the threat of violence to put your point across.....well done.

No you are the criminal. You propose to violate the United States Constitution without amendment which requires ratification by three fourths of the states of the Union. If you want to propose a legal amendment then go for it but you know it'll fail therefore you want to subvert the Constitution. Do that and none of us are under and legal obligation any longer and society will collapse.

So, in the USA sitting down and working out a compromise makes you a criminal? You sure about that?

Originally posted by MrWendal
I support the second amendment.

I support gun rights.

What Alex Jones did on that show was just plain stupid. He blew an excellent opportunity to get out some cold hard facts and put Piers on the defensive.

It is really very simple... the UK has less gun violence because they have no guns. Since guns became harder to get, rape has went up. Assault has went up. Robbery has went up. Violent crime across the board has went up. The ONLY thing that has went down is violence with a gun.

Instead of driving that point home Alex lost his mind, yelled, screamed and acted like a raving lunatic. Piers even set up questions that could have easily been torn to shreds with very basic facts. Did Alex do that? Nope. Instead he ranted like an idiot and came across like a fool.

Actually I think most violent crime has actually fallen but because of changes in how it is reported and what types of crime are classified into certain groups it can look like it has risen (not sure if I explained that right, but i hope you get the gist).

Who told you we have no guns in the UK? we do, we just have tight restrictions, I have a friend who has a Glock 19 which he keeps at home and is legally held, he is not a farmer or someone who lives in the country either. My brother in law has a shotgun and a rifle, again legally held. In the past I owned a pistol and rifle myself. In the UK if you really want a firearm and are someone deemed by society as trustworthy of owning one then it is possible to get one. I think that is a common misconception about our gun laws.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Americans need to keep defending their liberty and freedoms including their second amendment right lest they be stripped of their guns by a facist corporatocracy and the rest of the world then suffers !

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Seemed like Alex already decided he wasn't going to hold a controlled debate with Peirs.

Alex took advantage of the fact he was on CNN prim-time and decided to fire on all cylinders to get his point across.

He was not interested in what Peirs had to say. I liked it when Alex owned him about his Photoshopping of pictures that got him sacked from the daily mirror.

I do not like peirs at all, the fact he has lied in the past by faking things just to get his story, means i do not care for for anything he has to say anyway.

very entertaining show.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Would I trust a man who conducts himself like that with a semi-automatic weapon?

Nope.

He can't even hold a civil conversation.

But that's just my opinion.

We all trust him every day we are alive. He lives next to you.He is in every town in america. It's not a big deal.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

There are shootouts everyday in Illinois.

Are they using shotguns and legally obtained guns?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I disagree with the large majority of everyone's comments.

Firstly AJ is very informed but crazy!

Secondly everyone is saying he is making conspiracy theorists look bad
Why?

Who made him your spokesman? The entire community, ok fine I get it
But to acknowledge that label just makes you part of the system.

Don't look for another spokesperson, be your own person rather.

Piers lumped conspiracy theory with gun control and 911

link   
Ok, I'm watching the debate now, oy vey. AJ is dragging building 7 into this?
What an embarrassment.

Why is 9/11 being brought into this?
Can they not find someone a tad more articulate, calm and less condescending to debate with Piers?

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Problem is the whole interview is propaganda.

Piers: I play the sound calm british person with new ideas. Like tight gun control.
I want to make pro-gun advocates/conspiracy researchers look mentally unstable,evil,fringe or dangerous.

Wins: With liberals and anti-gun nutjobs.
Loses: To pro-gun hardliners

Alex:I play the ultra-conservative pro-gun advocate that is insulted by the invading "foreigner" changing his culture into something that is non-american.

Wins:To pro-gun hardliners,pro-sovereignty activists,CTists
Loses:With liberals and anti-gun nutjobs.

Both fire up their base.
Alex turns it into a us vs them argument.
Piers turns it into old vs new ideas argument.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

There are shootouts everyday in Illinois.

Are they using shotguns and legally obtained guns?

The liberal solutions have failed miserably in Illinois.
Now they want to take their (solutions?) nationwide?

The assault on the 2nd Amendment has failed.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FellowTraveller
Hopefully Alex will put up a good show against Peirs. Not sure why any American would want some British guy telling them about politics. America and Britain have 2 completely different political systems, why let one tell the other how to run things...

Haven't read the thread yete after this comment, but in hindsight, do you still support Alex Jones?

America and Britain may have two different political systems, but often, when you're looking to fix something or see how to do something, you look at how others are doing those things.

After all, immediately following 9/11, the US Government went straight to the British Government for assistance in how to deal with terror threats.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

But everyone who signed the petition to deport PM assaulted the 1st so.......

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join