It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning Of Snow and Deep Cold Arriving in the UK.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Still nothing here (apart from what is left from the other day) but the temperature has just risen so fingers crossed, the snow won't be too long.

Anyone notice the panic buying? Is it just me or does that make others laugh too?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
hmmm...maybe in a few decades, britian will become the new norway as far as weather goes. by the way, a new business idea, turn your trucks into towtrucks and snow plows, that might bring in a few quid, when the white puffy falls.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

What makes me laugh is people complaining about panic buying, who are out panic buying. Like my dad yesterday. We weren't panic buying though, just "stocking up" a big difference.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Myself and Mr Skitz are well stocked up as we went shopping on Wednesday.

I really hope the panic buyers have kept to the bigger stores and have not gone crazy in our little town. As i do need to trudge out and get an extra loaf and milk as we are going through soups and porridge in excess at the mo.

Should be fun to have a nice walk in the snow before it gets way too compacted, aslong as the kiddies don't use my head as a snowball target.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well....a few heavy show showers here in north east Scotland, but not that much. Just been shopping for the usual weekly stuff and a bit of a stock up, not too much, so we're fine till the end of the month I think!
No sign of panic buying here at all. Maybe we're more used to it and the cupboards tend to be full over the winter anyway.

The Met Office is now saying that the big stuff will be here about 3pm and basically it won't be stopping really till about Tuesday. I will take some pics tomorrow and post them for all to see and some video if I can get my head round it.

Stay warm everyone.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Right teenage boy must think I was born yesterday and hasn't come home from school yet even though they closed it about 1pm and I can't hold out much longer before attempting the trek to Grannies. Look's like muggin's is shovelling the snow.

I'm going out...I may be some time.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Accept and welcome the kiddies - just remember you have bigger hands that you can fit much more snow into. Plus, being bigger, it gives you the elevation for the "down the back of the neck" revenge shots.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Flavian

What makes me laugh is people complaining about panic buying, who are out panic buying. Like my dad yesterday. We weren't panic buying though, just "stocking up" a big difference.

Quite.

Going to the supermarket myself this evening. Just for the weekly shop though, obviously.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We almost have enough from last weeks snowfall for a fight, and my 18 month old Staffie goes mental in the snow...I don't think he's really seen it much before. And personally I think when it comes to snowball fights, you have to fight dirty...how are your kids gonna learn that stuff if you don't teach them, eh?
Back of the neck revenges are fine, I love them, but the ultimate torture is a lovely fluffy snowball down the back of the pants if you can get close enough, and a light tap to squish it all about. I promise you, it will dribble *everywhere*

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

My personal favourite was always coax them under the trees.......and then jump for the branches to bury them in snow!

ETA:

Reading that back, i must emphasise that when i say coaxing them under the trees.......i mean in an evil laughing dad way, rather than in a disturbing Jimmy Saville way............

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

ETA:

Reading that back, i must emphasise that when i say coaxing them under the trees.......i mean in an evil laughing dad way, rather than in a disturbing Jimmy Saville way............

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
im in South wales and woke at 7 this morning to blizzards! I havnt seen a proper blizzard for years, it was really lovely. I feel compelled now to panic buy cos thats what everyone else is doing. jkg
. Got the staples, bread,milk,tea, potatoes,biscuits and cutters choice.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sick of feeling left out, so I raided my freezer.......

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Sick of feeling left out, so I raided my freezer.......

That is just brilliant!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
im in South wales and woke at 7 this morning to blizzards! I havnt seen a proper blizzard for years, it was really lovely. I feel compelled now to panic buy cos thats what everyone else is doing. jkg
. Got the staples, bread,milk,tea, potatoes,biscuits and cutters choice.

What do you do with the staples? Are they for the soggy Cutters Choice dog ends?

edit on 18-1-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

These are from the past few hours but the snow has got a lot more heavy since and it's really not stopping so more footage to come.

More videos are uploading now and then we'll go out on foot for some more as it's getting too hazardous for the car now.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

My dog is loving it anyway, she love's anything different. It it was the rain though she wouldn't even go out

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Getting really thick here now, going to take the dog out (if she wants to go) and get another video as it's going dark....
edit on 18-1-2013 by lifttheveil because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well we have had snow non-stop since 9am this morning and it seems to be easing off now.
I have about 2inchs of laying snow.

Not quite the snowfest that I would have liked but it will do!
There is still potential for more snow showers and significant snowfall over the coming day's,
(I'm in the west of East Anglia.)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by boo1981
Well we have had snow non-stop since 9am this morning and it seems to be easing off now.
I have about 2inchs of laying snow.

We had it all last night and all day and it's not stopping. I've just measured 6 inch of snow in the garden. The above videos are my latest from the past few hours but there's been a lot more snow since. I'm uploading one from a few minutes ago now....

edit on 18-1-2013 by lifttheveil because: Fixed youtube link

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join