It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning Of Snow and Deep Cold Arriving in the UK.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

That's a bit weird...there is a snow warning for tomorrow, but it's really almost nothing. I can't think that the storm in the US would be likely to hit us and would be days away at least anyway. Nothing much weatherwise going on here at all....*scratches head*

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

No, the storm hitting the NE USA is not and never has been expected to cross over the Britain - contary to old mother's tales, we do not get America's weather 2 weeks later!

Nonetheless, a trough tracking down from Iceland towards France will intensify tomorrow and spread at times heavy rain eastwards across England, with some of this turning to snow later in the day.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks Guys, I recall reading somewhere that when it's bad in the US there maybe a link to us having similar weather was all. Couldn;t understand why we are on alert so thought I would ask.

I had heard about heavy rain but never been put on standby for that before.

Will see how it turns out I guess

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hey freaky weather on the way. Yesterday (Saturday) was a balmy 18 c with glorious sunshine, today was 14c and overcast. Tomorrow w we have a red alert for severe snow and blizzards, wind chill of -9c wtf

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Currently 2 degrees here in Bodmin, Cornwall with very light snow on occasion. More/heavier snow forecast though

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This time last here we had an early heat wave, shorts and tee shirt weather. I currently have a dressing gown over my cloths and blanket over my knees with the heating on. The wind outside is EVIL! Love it....not!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
damn, woke up to a load of snow this morning.... supposed to be snowing all day and weekend.

Cant believe its officially summer in 9 days when the clocks go forward.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

It seems like the last 6 months have been spent in a Tupperware box. You can see why they have high suicide rates in the Nordic countries

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I had to get up early to finish my training coursework so after five hours this morning I looked outside and 3 inch of snow everywhere....training cancellled.
Bloody hell I coulda stayed in bed

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I think this is proof that God exists, has a sense of humour.....and a thermostat.......

It's trying to snow here, at the moment it's just like a bad case of dandruff.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
North Wales mountains here-drifts have just reached the 1 metre mark,I am properly snowed in(in car terms)still blizzarding away...
Its great though,I just braved a 2 mile round trip walk to the nearest open shop,and felt like scott of the Antarctic with my hat scarf and boots,plus a rucksack loaded with supplies on the way back.

Not bad for me with one leg half dead from sciatica...

They few folks I met on the way were all in happy talkative mood as well,not of the usual eyes down walking in silence crap.
Maybe the snow is good for that at least?

I plan to attempt to build an aztec type stepped pyramid from snow tomorro-that is if I can walk after todays expedition(with my dodgy back,that's 50/50).

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Been raining here all day. Bodmin, Cornwall.

Want Snow though

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join