Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Advanced Warning Of Snow and Deep Cold Arriving in the UK.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just plain cold here although apparently we finally have some on the way

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Not a single flake of snow here - in a village that's among the top ten highest in Scotland - and I'm absolutely loving it

edit on 20-1-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Started snowing again here in my corner of Hertfordshire about 8:30 this morning and it's still coming down. Fine powdery stuff and probably another few centimetres on top of the stuff that fell on Friday.
I was on my usual early morning walk feeding the birds when it started. Took shelter for a while under some ivy covered trees and just took in the view across the reservoir... lovely and peaceful. The A41 was starting to get a bit dicey though on the drive home.
Hoping the gritters will be out overnight as it's a 50 mile drive to the office in Reading.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Started snowing again here in my corner of Hertfordshire about 8:30 this morning and it's still coming down. Fine powdery stuff and probably another few centimetres on top of the stuff that fell on Friday.
I was on my usual early morning walk feeding the birds when it started. Took shelter for a while under some ivy covered trees and just took in the view across the reservoir... lovely and peaceful. The A41 was starting to get a bit dicey though on the drive home.
Hoping the gritters will be out overnight as it's a 50 mile drive to the office in Reading.

Ouch, that's a nasty drive. We've had at least 3 inches of the bloody stuff since 8am this morning here in NE London. On the bright side, the puppy loves it!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
All quiet in south Essex this morning had about 3-4 inches yesterday no more predicted today though. Will be interesting to see how this week plans out with low temperatures and cloud won't allow the snow and ice to melt

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm beginning to think Stoke got towed to Sweden while we weren't looking.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Doesn't everything just look prettier in the snow, eh?

All postcard-y?

I know the reality of it is a bastard... but still, enjoy the visual splendour of the snow while it lasts

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Still snowing here but not really settling, more's the pity. It is actually quite insulting when the bloody weather can't even co-operate properly. Who wants wet snow that doesn't settle?

We have a paltry 3 inches (ish).........we still had some left from last week and it has been snowing continuously for well over 12 hours now......

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
my bad post
edit on 21-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
4ft of snow here in Halesowen West Mids.. Just started snowing again.. Good job we have 3 more chapters 50 shades to reinnact.. Making up has never been soo much fun :-)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Finally snowing here in Cumbria, not really laying though, just on walls and grass.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, we in the north east (Co. Durham) have taken a bit of a hammering over the past 24 hours, this photo was taken about an hour ago.

Over 30cm/12" now and easily 2 or 3 foot drifts as my dogs and I found out a little earlier. It's still snowing now, and it started in the early hours of this morning. So glad I'm not at work until Wednesday!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyMcNulty

Now that's what I call snow

Just a few patches of slush down here now. Sadly it never turned cold and even whilst lightly snowing yesterday there was a thaw going on.

Though to be fair, had this happened 5 years ago I'd have been delighted. 2010 rather spoilt me

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

If you think you've got 4ft of snow in Halesowen, then I can only assume your missus is very easily satisfied

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here are the latest videos from my area taken a few hours ago in Buxton, Derbyshire, Central UK.

I've got another 2 still uploading which I'll post here once they're ready....

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyMcNulty
Well, we in the north east (Co. Durham) have taken a bit of a hammering over the past 24 hours, this photo was taken about an hour ago.

nice pic Jimmy, if it makes you feel any better my back is just the same

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Here are the last videos from Today from my area (Derbyshire, Central UK)

As I type the snow is coming down with a lot more predicted, the schools are closed and many roads, and the news reports similar bad conditions up and down the UK, so for me I think the advanced warning by the OP was an accurate one

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Heavy snow here again in South Wales valleys. It's even sticking over the slushy stuff. I love it!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Looks like we might get some more this Friday in tropical Chorley, Lancashire.
Currently grey with the odd snowflake here or there.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join