It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning Of Snow and Deep Cold Arriving in the UK.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm in south Essex and we've had a pathetic amount
I'm so disappointed my met office app says heavy snow .. I don't see a flake

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker

Wierd that we live in the same small country, this is my town (Buxton in Derbyshire) about an hour ago....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

You just had to didn't you so jealous .. I love the snow I become 15 years younger. Just watched NBC weather too and most of the UK tomorrow is just meant to be cloudy. We are meant to get snow Sunday though

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
No Snow here, just fog and rain. Starting to hate Cornwall now

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
At 6am this morning it was very cold and started raining in Gloucester. Yet by 6.50am the snow came and has only just stopped. We have had a good covering and the kids have loved it.

It is now very cold with the wind making it feel colder and I can see there being alot of Ice around tomorrow.
Stay safe all. Keep warm.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Its stopped snowing here for now. Got a fair few inches today and looks like more is on the way. Taking the kids out for a walk tomorrow and taking note of the snowball tactics.

Nice and full from dinner and once the kids are in bed, going to kick back with a nice baileys coffee.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Still going none stop here, 8 inches in some places

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well I have just been put on standby so now have the 4x4 Ambulance outside my house. Looks like we may be travelling from Bodmin to Bath tomorrow morning. None here still but plenty else where it seems.

Stay safe people and hope I don't bump into any of you tomorrow when at work!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nearly 2am and I'm sitting in the conservatory watching a fox eating some scraps I just put out. It's so strangely still and quiet with the snow making it seem like daylight. I passed an awful lot of very big kids on my way to work earlier, obviously on their way to a local hill for some tobogganing and everyone looked so happy. I guess it's a relief from all the gloom of recession and all that rain we have had, and an excuse for an extra day off and to have some fun.

Ok I expect you lot in the more Northern Hemisphere think we Brits are barmy but we really are that unprepared for snow that everything does come to a stop here.

Oh and goodnight!
edit on 18/1/2013 by Psychoparrot because: To say goodnight!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I broke down earlier, the wife only turned the engine off while waiting for me in the snow but left the heaters/rear windows/stereo (I left it tickin over to avoid this lol) but what was really nice was how everyone around jumped to help, and someone with a booster got us going again as our jump leads were to short to reach.

It's also nice to see people with snow shovels clearing peoples walkways and lots of people having fun in the snow, the bad weather around here really brings out the good in people

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
I broke down earlier, the wife only turned the engine off while waiting for me in the snow but left the heaters/rear windows/stereo (I left it tickin over to avoid this lol) but what was really nice was how everyone around jumped to help, and someone with a booster got us going again as our jump leads were to short to reach.

It's also nice to see people with snow shovels clearing peoples walkways and lots of people having fun in the snow, the bad weather around here really brings out the good in people

Same thing happened to me last year. Your battery really goes to # in this weather.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker

sorry

Met office has decided to grant us a light snow shower up here, I'll believe it when I see it.....

Best get ready for that wedding, setting off in an hour, praying for a snowy miracle.

It's at Muncaster castle mind, so nice location.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The snow is thawing here in Manchester . I haven't seen a forecast , but I hope this is the last of it .

EDIT . I have just seen the 5 day forecast . Next three days , more snow

edit on 19-1-2013 by tpg47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Funy you should that pic up when I was writing my previous post I was going to joke and say the only flake I'd seen are the chocolate ones in my shop ... Weeeird

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Still plenty of snow here on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors (6-8 inches) ... and although it isn't snowing at the moment the sky looks laden with the stuff.

Certainly no sign of a thaw yet !

For some reason it's not allowing me to upload any pictures at the moment but I'll try later.

Woody

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My latest videos from my area (Derbyshire, UK)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
at the wedding night do, 40 mile south of home....a little snow, but we are like a gazillion miles above sea level on a fell, and it is very, very cold.more irish please barkeep

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

How was the wedding ? Free bar ? Essex has a decent amount of snow this morning meant to had some all day I'm happy now! Just need a snow playing friend lol

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Duly noted OP thank you. Does CAPE animation still exist anywhere and if so does it help determine things like this? I used to use that for thunderstorms some time ago, but haven't kept up my 'checking data' passion for weather as much in recent years.

Anyhoo, I bought a new budget convector heater from Argos and so far it's proved to be very good, but this is within the last week, so the temp hasn't dropped below about 6 degrees since before Christmas here. I'm yet to see the results in freezing temperatures but remain aware it's likely to happen any time soon, so thanks for the heads up.

My fave real-time weather sites, for others to bookmark:
UK Rain Radar
UK Snow Map
UK/Euro IR Satellite
UK Weather Warnings
World incident map (includes weather events)

edit on 6-1-2013 by markymint because: added links

edit on 6-1-2013 by markymint because: (no reason given)

Great bookmarks Markymint, thank you. OP was right. Myself and the animals have just started eating from the backup stores today.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hasn't stopped since thursday night where I live in North Wales.
Got some 1ft plus drifts,but the roads are pretty well gritted(this time).

Looks like it may stop snowing sometime tomorrow AM for us here.

My two dogs freaking love it anyway-they are both old-one is 17 one is 11,and they are both behaving like a pair of puppies out there.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join