It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Burn U.N. Flag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
the only message this sends to the world is that America is spitting us all in the face

drfunk

None of you get it. They did not burn a British flag, a French flag, an Australian flag, a Canadian flag, etc. They burnt the flag of a corrupt ORGANIZATION that started out as a good idea to solve world problems after WWII. Read some history. The UN needs to be dismantled just like the League of Nation was.

The UN is not a COUNTRY. If they had burnt the flag of a soverign nation, I would be complaining about their actions also because no soverign nations flag should be treated in that manner.

I say either rebuild the UN or dismantle it, but get the US out of the UN until they clean up their act.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightStalker
None of you get it. They did not burn a British flag, a French flag, an Australian flag, a Canadian flag, etc. They burnt the flag of a corrupt ORGANIZATION that started out as a good idea to solve world problems after WWII. Read some history. The UN needs to be dismantled just like the League of Nation was.

1. The UN is not corrupt, some members in the UN are corrupt, so any complaints should be directed at those individuals and not at the UN in general.

2. The goals of the UN are noble ones. Peace freedom and equal rights for people in Europe and beyond. Burning a flag of the UN is pathetic and childish.

3. Burning the flag of an ORGANISATION is way pathetic to begin with.

4. In fact, the whole concept of burning flags is stupid. It's an empty "statement", often misexplained and misunderstood by the public, and completely ineffective when it comes to reaching goals/finding solutions to a problem.

5. Comon people, God gave us a nice mouth, so we can express our thoughts to eachother. Burning flags whenever you're unhappy about a situation may seem "trendy" now, and it will get you headlines in the media dumb enough to give these events attention, but it's not half as effective as talking.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
with all due respect to the alimighty but what in gods name are you talking about.

I was talking about that the U.N. flag, IMO, not having the authority that Nazi-Germany had.

The U.N. is made of a bunch of countries that whine and cry about how terrible they've got it.

Nazi-Germany happened to be a nation with a centralized government at one time.

Don't get me wrong. I have no respect for neither one.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Interearthling
Western countries have, for decades, reaped the rewards of an advanced society built on the slavery and oppression of others and greed of their own. We have taken from a great many countries, minerals, resources and people, which should have made those countries comparatively rich and powerful. In short we have taken advantage of those less fortunate because WE believe ours is the better cause, whilst keeping those countries in a place of less empowerment.

Uh, what's wrong with that? When there are things that can be used by nations that know how to use them, they can take it by whatever means from those who have no need for them or have no idea of how to use them.

For centuries, the West have tried to teach "lesser" people of how to better themselves and they still can't seem to grasp the concept of capitalism.

It's not my fault they're incapable of learning.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
When there are things that can be used by nations that know how to use them, they can take it by whatever means from those who have no need for them or have no idea of how to use them.

That's what the slave trade to the Americas in the 18th century was based on.

When I read posts like these, all I have to say is, Western "civilization" my @ss.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Uh, what's wrong with that? When there are things that can be used by nations that know how to use them, they can take it by whatever means from those who have no need for them or have no idea of how to use them.

So in other words; steal that which does not belong to you.

For centuries, the West have tried to teach "lesser" people of how to better themselves...

"Lesser people"? You know intelearthling, you really need to change your username so as to avoid any confusion concerning the content of your posts.

It's not my fault they're incapable of learning.

But it sure as hell is your fault that you're incapable of learning.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by Durden]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
������.Respectfully, I'll have to answer that question with another question. Would there be a larger or lesser number of shark attacks if we were to remove shark nets in the exposed areas?
����

This was actually a very good analogy�I was watching a show on the discovery channel and was fascinated to find out that shark nets are for you (mentally). The sharks still get inside them it just makes you feel better. So there wouldn�t be a difference more than likely. Same with the UN
get rid of it.

as for what to do to replace it....nothing. US should withdraw it's troops to it's own borders and a select few countries that actually want a base. think about it we would have probably a .5mil man invasion force just sitting around trying to figure out what to invade

and on the flag burning
let's do more.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
[qute]riginally psted by Intelearthling

I was talking abut that the U.. flag, IM, nt having the authrity that azi-Germany had.

The U.. is made f a bunch f #ries that whine and cry abut hw terrible they've gt it.

azi-Germany happened t be a natin with a centralized gvernment at ne time.

Dn't get me wrng. I have n respect fr neither ne. [/qute]
the cntrl f nazi geremany!
mfg dude the reasn nazi's had cntrl was because f prpaganda,schl cntrl and plice cntrl.
the U is made f #ries that try and slve diffrences by talking BUT it desnt help if majr #ries get strppy and g and d what they want because they cant be bthered t bey the laws.
a centralised gverment was that befre r after the nazi's burnt dwn the reichstag?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
can one person here give me one reason why the UN should be abolished?
eh?
tell me do you want to see another unrestriceted warfare allowed today?
the use of chemical and biological weapons being legalised?
the use of civilian killing legalised?
since when did the US become so great it cant obey the rules?
THE RULES IT HELP SET UP!
i mean for love of god people just because a few members are corrupt that means the whole thing is?
i can say that about the US military , thier murders! abusing prisoners and "acidentally" killing civies.
get a grip just because you have to obey the law doesnt mean you should take a fit and decide to scew the whole rules thing.
you call the west "civilised" and more advanced than the eastern world. hell atleast they understand the idea of RULES.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightStalker

THEY BURNT A FLAG REPRESENTING EVERY NATION IN IT.

The UN is not a COUNTRY. If they had burnt the flag of a soverign nation, I would be complaining about their actions also because no soverign nations flag should be treated in that manner.

so what it doesnt matter if it isnt.
its an organisation that has went out and done more good than any nation on earth,name me one country that has done as much as the UN?

I say either rebuild the UN or dismantle it, but get the US out of the UN until they clean up their act.

oh so you dont want to be in it cause its "dirty" look atleast the UN didnt bomb a country because they "thought" it had WMD in it. why not do the good thing and HELP rebuild it.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

can one person here give me one reason why the UN should be abolished?
eh?

Oh, i don't know forget their ineffectiveness....forget the constant corruption....they employ people that member nations have identified as belonging to a terrorist organization. And the stupid MFs are proud of it. That would most probably be more than enough of a reason
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes

Oh, i don't know forget their ineffectiveness....forget the constant corruption....they employ people that member nations have identified as belonging to a terrorist organization. And the stupid MFs are proud of it. That would most probably be more than enough of a reason
www.abovetopsecret.com...

inefectiveness?
so your saying the relief programs in africa and such are ineffective?
or the aid that is taken to countries that have been attacked by western countries is ineffective?
constant corruption eh so a few corrupt individuals are found and the whole thing is corrupt, well face it everything is corrupt. the government YOU voted is corrupt. at almost every level a government is corrupt. so if the UN should be disbanded should we disband the governments as well?
its the same thing after all.
also this ineffectiveness you speak of, you didnt complain about it in GW1......

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
dw,

I notices you didn�t mention them employing terrorists, what�s a matter you asked for a reason and I gave it. Or am I to take your lack of a response as agreement that they should be summarily disbanded and sent home?

As for their ineffectiveness�..yes all of those you mentioned were ineffective�..go dig up some tutsis or hutu, then tell me how effective they are. As for the second line I�m not even sure what you were saying are you? As for the corruption, you sure like to assume a lot�.lets see, just on the one that we know about right now�.forgetting for a moment about them hiring terrorists�� that was an awfully big amount of money to dismiss with the stupid argument that two wrongs make a right. Also what government is it that is corrupt that I voted for? ie you don�t know jack about what I did or didn�t do. and last but not least, again you ASSUme I did complain about UN, have since the middle 80s.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

dw,

I notices you didn�t mention them employing terrorists, what�s a matter you asked for a reason and I gave it. Or am I to take your lack of a response as agreement that they should be summarily disbanded and sent home?

yeah i didnt notice you saying they did but i might mention that the terrorist organisations today were made by the CIA. can i say OBL? or what about mentioning the veit cong.
i asked you why they should be disbanded not why they should change the people employed by them.

As for their ineffectiveness�..yes all of those you mentioned were ineffective�..go dig up some tutsis or hutu, then tell me how effective they are.

not all are ineffective. some where but it doesnt help when western countries get involved with the conflict.

As for the corruption, you sure like to assume a lot�.lets see, just on the one that we know about right now�.forgetting for a moment about them hiring terrorists�� that was an awfully big amount of money to dismiss with the stupid argument that two wrongs make a right. Also what government is it that is corrupt that I voted for? ie you don�t know jack about what I did or didn�t do. and last but not least, again you ASSUme I did complain about UN, have since the middle 80s.

did i say everything the UN does is good? no i said it does do good things and has done some bad things too. the US government, we all know the only reason the US went into iraq was for OIL. and i was meaning the whole US not you , dont be self centered. yeah i know i dont know what you did because i am not concered about your life. BTW the terrorists under the UN payroll are actually health support people and if you look it shows that they are looking into it. and if i dont remember there are many terrorist networks that were under the US payroll as well.
i assume about as much as the US military.
oh BTW what i meant was that every goverment is corrupt , you cant say your government is not corrupt.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by devilwasp]

[edit on 2-11-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
UN SUCKS ...USA USA USA GO USA NUKE THE BASTARDS SCREW THE UN AND THE FRENCH!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HAL2003
UN SUCKS ...USA USA USA GO USA NUKE THE BASTARDS SCREW THE UN AND THE FRENCH!

yeah go us !
lets bomb a country for no reason yeah
i take it you dont know what the UN is do you hal?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

yeah i didnt notice you saying they did but i might mention that the terrorist organisations today were made by the CIA. can i say OBL? or what about mentioning the veit cong.
i asked you why they should be disbanded not why they should change the people employed by them.

I�m not even sure what your talking about the link was to hamas �..i�m not sure but I don�t think the US ever funded hamas�.except when paying our UN dues. Although I don�t count that.

not all are ineffective. some where but it doesnt help when western countries get involved with the conflict.

so we are in agreement�.it�s bad when western countries get involved so we should eliminate the UN and then western countries will not get involved.

did i say everything the UN does is good? no i said it does do good things and has done some bad things too. the US government, we all know the only reason the US went into iraq was for OIL.

I�m glad that you feel so arrogant as to assume that we all know�..very comforting.

and i was meaning the whole US not you , dont be self centered. yeah i know i dont know what you did because i am not concered about your life.

Nor I with yours�.and it wasn�t self centered, I was reading English�.don�t blame your deficiencies in the English language on me. I�m not sure but I haven�t seen 'US = you' very many times.

BTW the terrorists under the UN payroll are actually health support people and if you look it shows that they are looking into it. and if i dont remember there are many terrorist networks that were under the US payroll as well.
i assume about as much as the US military.
oh BTW what i meant was that every goverment is corrupt , you cant say your government is not corrupt.

1. if you look they have looked into it and admitted it and gave the same lame a&& logic as you?
2. so�..you pay a guy once and your on the hook for his behavior for the rest of his life�..great logic.
3. and last but not least, I didn�t say the government wasn�t corrupt�.I said it was stupid to argue that two wrongs make a right. Kind of simple concept�.just because some of my country men are corrupt why should I support some international corrupt organization that tries to undermine me at every chance they get. Kind of ignorant logic there.

It was refreshing though that you dropped that give me one good reason line

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
bottom line - the UN is too currupt. It is an organisation that takes advantage of AMERICA and AMERICAS money by many nations that are AGAINST AMERICA.

Once EVERY country pays the SAME ammount of money and donates the SAME ammount of forces/resources then I won't have a problem with it because it will be EVERYONE getting screwed, not just US.

Untill then - BURN BABY BURN!

Equal say means equal PAY!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
bottom line - the UN is too currupt. It is an organisation that takes advantage of AMERICA and AMERICAS money by many nations that are AGAINST AMERICA.

Once EVERY country pays the SAME ammount of money and donates the SAME ammount of forces/resources then I won't have a problem with it because it will be EVERYONE getting screwed, not just US.

Are you completely ignorant???
Bigger countries pay more than small countries. This is not weird neither unfair.
Stop crying.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I�m not even sure what your talking about the link was to hamas �..i�m not sure but I don�t think the US ever funded hamas�.except when paying our UN dues. Although I don�t count that.
[/qoute]
i am talking about how you cant say their corrupt because they pay terrorists because the US has paid terrorists and has trained many today.
the US has never payed hamas just as a point

so we are in agreement�.it�s bad when western countries get involved so we should eliminate the UN and then western countries will not get involved.

no, the USA got involved with iraq without the UN. most western countries got involved with african wars with out the UN.

I�m glad that you feel so arrogant as to assume that we all know�..very comforting.

arogant? why thank you i try very hard to be arogant.....

Nor I with yours�.and it wasn�t self centered, I was reading English�.don�t blame your deficiencies in the English language on me. I�m not sure but I haven�t seen 'US = you' very many times.

i am not blameing anything on you. i never meant the US= you at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join