It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Burn U.N. Flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Damn, I wish I had been there!

The United States should pull all funding from the UN and kick Kofi and his family of theiving thugs out of this Country!

Radio listeners torch blue banner to protest United Nations Day.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Brilliant, brilliant IDIOTS...
Visually burning a UN flag outside a radio station..mmmmm

I wonder who heard the flag burning - outside

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
OH NO.....THEY BURNT A ......flag. Lol. Its funny how many US citizens get worked up about the burning of a flag, especially their own. /Gets out matches..

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What a bunch of Losers

Guess they want to stop all the good Volunteer work that the UN does too then?

UN Volunteers: FAQ
The United Nations Volunteers programme (UNV) is the volunteer arm of the United Nations. It was created by the UN General Assembly in 1970 to serve as an operational partner in development cooperation at the request of UN member states. It reports to the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and works through UNDP's country offices around the world. Read a general text about UN Volunteers.

UN Volunteers: Statistics
There are close to 5,000 qualified and experienced women and men of over 150 nationalities serving each year in developing countries as UN Volunteers. Since 1971, some 30,000 UN Volunteers from some 150 developing and industrialized nations have worked in about 140 countries.Get the latest statistics about serving UN Volunteers.

www.unv.org...

No wait i forgot, it was bunch of silly American's who burnt it... Shame on Them, i guess all those WW2 veterans who helped establish it ( by conquering the axis ) were cheering when they saw the flag burn too

Idiots.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Snoopdopey]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Damn, I wish I had been there!

How do you feel about a Constitutional Amendment against burning the USA's flag? I mean, when is flag-burning ok? When it's just the other country, but not ours??

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
How do you feel about a Constitutional Amendment against burning the USA's flag?

Alas, the great trap. Our constitution protects act like flag burning as freedom of speech. I would not support ammentding the constitution of the United States for such a matter. While I deplore flag buring, free speech is a right.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Rest of world BURNS YANKEE FLAG! Now that would be a great day!

Just look at the blatant contempt the US regurlarly shows the rest of the world, they would rather have the planet to themselves.. other people and nations just seem to be in the way.

On the other hand the rest of the world is soo devided they could not and will not (for some considerable time) stand up collectively and demand an apology as this is an affront to the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD!

But even US presidents attend UN council sessions just to say : "oh by the way #$% #$% the lot of you!" Really thats it, that is the complete US agenda when it comes to the UN. Get the rest of the world in a room so you can point and laugh at all of them at once.

[edit on 26/10/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Unfortunately it is things like this that makle the world hate america.

Has there been a reaction in america to this.

Seems the goverment of america wont listen to the UN when it says no to iraq but still wants to use it to ban stem cells. But hypocritical i think.

Also america is part of the united nations, you feeling disgust at something your part on and instead of trying to change it or leave it you burn the flag doesent seem that mature.

[edit on 13/08/2004 by Fitzpatrick]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Just as the Iranians burn the American flag, just as the Palestinians burn the American flag, etc, etc., etc.......exactly what does it take to constitute that the "world" is indeed burning the US flag, eh? An affront to the world? I don't think so.......

The US flag has been burned for many, many years....hell, just ask John Kerry, k?

Whats all the fuss with this particular incident? What... because it shows that many in America are growing weary of the defunct United Nations? I don't for one minute think that this implies that the US is in contempt of no one.
What it indicates is just what I mentioned above...weariness at the scandalous and defunct United Nations. I mean geez, the UN can spend $30 million dollars to investigate their own corrupt Food for Oil Program, when perhaps, that money could be utilized best in other functions and/or areas, like say the Sudan Genocide that is taking still taking place?

I'm disgusted with the UN about as much as many of you are disgusted with US foreign policy, decisions and actions. Ifin it makes you feel better to burn a flag, burn it, it is after all your right, correct?

seekerof

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Seekerof,

Your attitude is very "American," at least what makes other nations so pissed at us.

"You guys hate us, we'll hate you back 10X!"

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Anyone happen to know which 'trailer park' these flag burning protesters were from?

What is going wrong with this crazy mixed up world

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
i wonder how america would feel if i got a US flag and set it alite in front of the union jack then saluted the union jack?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Its been done...next?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Trailerpark activism......sick society..
emigrate to Europe...US will implode within 20 years

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i wonder how america would feel if i got a US flag and set it alite in front of the union jack then saluted the union jack?

I believe there was a thread on here when protestors (against Bush?) burnt a US flag. They were TREASONOUS and TRAITORS, according to many on here.

Pictures of Iraqis burning US flags caused huge uproar by many on here also.

I wonder also, what the response would be if other member countries began burning US flags? All kinds of hateful responses I should imagine.

I should think there would be many claims of how the UN sucks etc. Well OK then, let the US leave the UN, I doubt many other member countries would care if they did at this moment in history.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Seekerof,

Your attitude is very "American," at least what makes other nations so pissed at us.

"You guys hate us, we'll hate you back 10X!"

I guess you missed what was mentioned about American's sentiments that are increasingly growing anti-UN?
There is, and has been, a growing movement that decrees that the US should withdraw from the UN, sweatmonicaIdo.
Maybe these will help:
Get the US out of the UN

seekerof

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Its been done...next?

seekerof

yes probably during the war of independance but now ? dont think so.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Who gives a rats "a" about the rest of the world. Nuke'm all. Please start with France. I would love to watch the "tower" melt.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I guess you missed what was mentioned about American's sentiments that are increasingly growing anti-UN?
Get the US out of the UN

EXCELLENT!

Why the heck was the UN flag being flown
over a State Capital Building? WHY? It definately
doesn't belong there!

The radio station had an impromtu protest.
Perhaps next year on UN Day a protest will
be more organized and it will have a larger
turn out.

Heck ... if everyone in America who hates the
UN and sees it for what it is (a corrupt financial
black hole saturated with anti-americanism)
protests next year, the festivities could be
really great!

American flags are burnt in protest everywhere.
I'm glad to see Americans taking that cue and
burning the flag of the institution that they
hate (and hate with good reason).

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Who gives a rats "a" about the rest of the world. Nuke'm all. Please start with France. I would love to watch the "tower" melt.

he he lets get every one in nato and invite the russians along for a laugh too and lets nuke the USA
i would like to see how good their starwars system deals with THAT attack.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join